Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

U14 Girls Rankings

I am going to try and post like Dr. Z did a few years ago. I am not as knowledgable or verse as he or she was but lets give it a try. I will post results and other information as I hear or see games each week. If you have additional input about any games this weekend please contribute. This is suppose to be a fun thread and just play like a fantasy league update based on results and style of play.

Spring Tournament Rankings

1) NEFC Elite - The top dog but seem to becoming a one trick pony and most top level teams are starting to figure it out. Did not show well at Jefferson Cup also. Weak NY NPL is not going o help this team develop. Should switch with Premier team and play R1.

2) Stars ECNL - Just as good but also surviving on their direct play and size the past few years. Other teams are starting to figure it out also. Did not play any preseason tournaments but having friendlies with older and younger teams will help with them getting ready for ECNL play this weekend. They seem to focus more on training outside at Acton all winter than playing games. Good call Stars

3) Boston Breakers Academy - New name and new coaches. SS did an ok job getting this team in the right direction in the fall but I think CB will take them to a new level. They have played with more confidence and as a team than in years past.

4) NEFC Premier - I think 4 and 5 are the same except for playing style. NEFC Premier is more of a direct team like the NPL team and will get some good results in NEP games. They have some tough competion in R1. It would actually be better of the NPL and Premier team switched.

5) Stars NPL - Are a very good team and play a very nice indirect style of play. they move the ball well but also benifit from have a very good keeper. The NPL is not as competitive for them as probably thought but I think some of these teams will be much improved this spring. Played in a few spring tournaments and up at U16 in the Scorpion Bowl. Week third tier teams but 2 years older. Skill beats physical play.

6) Aztec NPL - I think they are better than the rest of the NPL teams but still have some room to grow. They play a physical defensive game and play a combination of direct and indirect in the attack. They should do well in the NYNPL league. Have several NPL teams to compare them to for the future.

7) CSU - Well coach team that moves the ball well. They have a very good keeper that can keep them in games and a few key players in the midfield and up top. Just not enough horses to get them into the next level yet. Not in a very competitve NEP division unless they are playing somewhere else also.

8) GPS - They are a big physical team and play very agressive. When they try to play soccer they are not as good as the other teams. They win by playing old school Irish soccer, body then ball. All depends of the referee for their success. Will move up if they play well against other NY NPL teams. Most over ranked team in the state according to GS.

9) Bayside - They play a very physical game but have some very quality players. The problem with this team is their coach needs to direct the entire game. His players do not know how to think for themselves. They score at least 70% of their goals off corner kicks or set pieces from outside the 30.

10) NE Rush - I have mentioned some other teams play direct soccer but NE Rush play route 1 the entire game. They live and die by the long ball. They have big strong athletic players that can kick the ball real far. It is effective to win games but not much development going on with them yet. I would like to see them try to paly a more indirect style to develop more players.

11) Boston Breakers NPL - This team is the most up an down team I have ever seen or heard play. I watched them play CSU top team and played fantastic. I hear they lost to CSU second team and Star third team. But they tied Bayside and NE Rush in what I hear were good games also. Will the real slim shady please stand up. If they could get some consistancy to their game they cold move out of the celler.

12) NSU - I have only seen them play a few times and they are solid team. they move the ball well but lack some finishing touches. They sould do well in MAPLE know that CSU top team is gone. I will have some information to go on with NE Rush ad Fuller still in MAPLE.

13) Fuller - Have not seen them play in some time. Not mcuh to say yet.

We will start here and work our way through the season.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I am going to try and post like Dr. Z did a few years ago. I am not as knowledgable or verse as he or she was but lets give it a try. I will post results and other information as I hear or see games each week. If you have additional input about any games this weekend please contribute. This is suppose to be a fun thread and just play like a fantasy league update based on results and style of play.

1) NEFC Elite - The top dog but seem to becoming a one trick pony and most top level teams are starting to figure it out. Did not show well at Jefferson Cup also. Weak NY NPL is not going o help this team develop. Should switch with Premier team and play R1.

2) Stars ECNL - Just as good but also surviving on their direct play and size the past few years. Other teams are starting to figure it out also. Did not play any preseason tournaments but having friendlies with older and younger teams will help with them getting ready for ECNL play this weekend. They seem to focus more on training outside at Acton all winter than playing games. Good call Stars

3) Boston Breakers Academy - New name and new coaches. SS did an ok job getting this team in the right direction in the fall but I think CB will take them to a new level. They have played with more confidence and as a team than in years past.

4) NEFC Premier - I think 4 and 5 are the same except for playing style. NEFC Premier is more of a direct team like the NPL team and will get some good results in NEP games. They have some tough competion in R1. It would actually be better of the NPL and Premier team switched.

5) Stars NPL - Are a very good team and play a very nice indirect style of play. they move the ball well but also benifit from have a very good keeper. The NPL is not as competitive for them as probably thought but I think some of these teams will be much improved this spring. Played in a few spring tournaments and up at U16 in the Scorpion Bowl. Week third tier teams but 2 years older. Skill beats physical play.

6) Aztec NPL - I think they are better than the rest of the NPL teams but still have some room to grow. They play a physical defensive game and play a combination of direct and indirect in the attack. They should do well in the NYNPL league. Have several NPL teams to compare them to for the future.

7) CSU - Well coach team that moves the ball well. They have a very good keeper that can keep them in games and a few key players in the midfield and up top. Just not enough horses to get them into the next level yet. Not in a very competitve NEP division unless they are playing somewhere else also.

8) GPS - They are a big physical team and play very agressive. When they try to play soccer they are not as good as the other teams. They win by playing old school Irish soccer, body then ball. All depends of the referee for their success. Will move up if they play well against other NY NPL teams. Most over ranked team in the state according to GS.

9) Bayside - They play a very physical game but have some very quality players. The problem with this team is their coach needs to direct the entire game. His players do not know how to think for themselves. They score at least 70% of their goals off corner kicks or set pieces from outside the 30.

10) NE Rush - I have mentioned some other teams play direct soccer but NE Rush play route 1 the entire game. They live and die by the long ball. They have big strong athletic players that can kick the ball real far. It is effective to win games but not much development going on with them yet. I would like to see them try to paly a more indirect style to develop more players.

11) Boston Breakers NPL - This team is the most up an down team I have ever seen or heard play. I watched them play CSU top team and played fantastic. I hear they lost to CSU second team and Star third team. But they tied Bayside and NE Rush in what I hear were good games also. Will the real slim shady please stand up. If they could get some consistancy to their game they cold move out of the celler.

12) NSU - I have only seen them play a few times and they are solid team. they move the ball well but lack some finishing touches. They sould do well in MAPLE know that CSU top team is gone. I will have some information to go on with NE Rush ad Fuller still in MAPLE.

When is the last time you saw either of the Stars teams play? Were you in St. Louis? They are probably the least "direct" teams out there, and other than a couple of the defenders, not terribly big teams physically.

Comment

Good for you. You made a bunch of stuff up as if you know what you're talking about. These look like scouting reports, as if you've seen these teams play, know their style and strategies, and can somehow rank them when all you barely know what leagues they play in.

This isn't "fun." You've essentially poured gas all over the place and handed everyone a book of matches.

Comment

When is the last time you saw either of the Stars teams play? Were you in St. Louis? They are probably the least "direct" teams out there, and other than a couple of the defenders, not terribly big teams physically.
        Agree on ECNL, but if this was my list, Stars NPL would be lower.

Comment

Then have them remove the thread. I am just trying to have some fun with this age gorup since all the parents seem to be over the top like the U16 age grop was at this age. It is what I have seen when I saw them play or from friends of mine that play on these teams.

Comment

Then have them remove the thread. I am just trying to have some fun with this age gorup since all the parents seem to be over the top like the U16 age grop was at this age. It is what I have seen when I saw them play or from friends of mine that play on these teams.
            Are you committing to seeing each of these top 13 teams play a couple of times each this spring (against good teams) so as to refine your assessment?

You may want to consider the fact that most teams will tend to be more direct when playing against a strong opponent or playing up in age group. Everybody can look like Barcelona when playing an overmatched opponent, so who you've seen these teams play against should be a key part of your evaluation.

Comment

Agree on ECNL, but if this was my list, Stars NPL would be lower.
              I feel for those lost souls that followed BB to the Stars. You get what you ask for though.

Comment

It's tough to include Bayside/Seacoast and not other New England clubs. But if you specify MAPLE, NEP only.

I'll call myself Q for Qonsitency

1 - Stars ECNL
                2 - NEFC Elite
                3 - Stars NPL
                4 - NEFC NPL
                5 - Breakers NPL
                6 - Aztec NPL
                7 - Bayside
                8 - NEFC SC
                9 - Seacoast
                10 - GPS
                12 - NSU
                13 - NHPSA
                14 - CSU
                15 - Fuller Hamlets
                16- Western United
                17 - Breakers NPL
                18 - Rush

Stars NPL is still the third best team, and Scorpions ECNLE is not as good as they showed in one match.

Comment

I feel for those lost souls that followed BB to the Stars. You get what you ask for though.
                  I feel sorry for the lost souls that stayed at Stars to play NPL. The wrapping was pretty but the present didn't measure up. .

Comment

You think Aztecs is better than NEFC NPL? Seriously? Breakers in the top 5? Interesting ranking.

Comment

You think Aztecs is better than NEFC NPL? Seriously? Breakers in the top 5? Interesting ranking.
                      Where is Aztecs listed above NEFC?

Comment

It's tough to include Bayside/Seacoast and not other New England clubs. But if you specify MAPLE, NEP only.

I'll call myself Q for Qonsitency

1 - Stars ECNL
                        2 - NEFC Elite
                        3 - Stars NPL
                        4 - NEFC NPL
                        5 - Breakers NPL
                        6 - Aztec NPL
                        7 - Bayside
                        8 - NEFC SC
                        9 - Seacoast
                        10 - GPS
                        12 - NSU
                        13 - NHPSA
                        14 - CSU
                        15 - Fuller Hamlets
                        16- Western United
                        17 - Breakers NPL
                        18 - Rush

Stars NPL is still the third best team, and Scorpions ECNLE is not as good as they showed in one match.
                        D for dope would be a better fit.

Comment

Where is Aztecs listed above NEFC?
                          Not in the numeric ranking. In the description of being better than the other NPL teams.

Comment

I think the original poster was pretty accurate overall and had some good analysis as well. This second list seems kind of more reflective of last year.

Comment

I think the original poster was pretty accurate overall and had some good analysis as well. This second list seems kind of more reflective of last year.
                              The 2nd list seems to put together by a child. Might want to get those team names down, mate, before you start ranking and rating.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X