Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    The club just went through a renaming so GPS - MA is the old MPS.
    what league is based on calendar year that MPS is involved in?

Comment

Scorpions do no appear clear favorites after early results. Heard Villa tied MPS Crusaders in a scrimmage. Who are favorites?

Scorpions?
      Noreaster?
      MPS Kinight?

Is that it?
      If you think this is not a one horse race then you are delusional. Early March results do not mean anything. The games were 50 minutes, not 70 and I think looking at how they fared in national league (they already qualified for nationals) is a better indicator of where they are than a pre-season tournament.

Comment

Scorpions do no appear clear favorites after early results. Heard Villa tied MPS Crusaders in a scrimmage. Who are favorites?

Scorpions?
        Noreaster?
        MPS Kinight?

Is that it?
        I think the Scorpions are still favorites. Teams are catching up, but I still think its going to be another year or two until the Scorpions size and speed advantage isn't there anymore.

As to the next group, I'd say the following teams could all beat each other on any given day:

Noreaster
        Knights
        Abbey Villa
        CSU
        MPS Crusaders
        Spartans

NEFC Elite and WUP are also very good even though they struggled a little in the fall.

I don't think any of these teams will beat Scorpions this year at State Cup without a lot of good luck.

Comment

If you think this is not a one horse race then you are delusional. Early March results do not mean anything. The games were 50 minutes, not 70 and I think looking at how they fared in national league (they already qualified for nationals) is a better indicator of where they are than a pre-season tournament.
          This type of comment is why people resent this team. You never lose, teams are just packing it in or got lucky. You lost two games and tied another on the second day of the "national league" so some could say you got lucky advancing. The third place team beat you.

Comment

This type of comment is why people resent this team. You never lose, teams are just packing it in or got lucky. You lost two games and tied another on the second day of the "national league" so some could say you got lucky advancing. The third place team beat you.
            The national league involves some of the top teams in the country. All the games are tough, close games. For example, the 5th place team also beat the 1st place team at this age group. There is no "luck" involved whatsoever in qualifying for nationals. As the slogan states, every team must #earnyourplace. This team earned their place and so I say congrats to them.

Comment

The national league involves some of the top teams in the country. All the games are tough, close games. For example, the 5th place team also beat the 1st place team at this age group. There is no "luck" involved whatsoever in qualifying for nationals. As the slogan states, every team must #earnyourplace. This team earned their place and so I say congrats to them.
              You know other teams are in strking distance of the scotpo blazer when the parents come on this site and try to justigy their elitism. Anyone who watched the games at the scorpion bowl saw that, as expected, there sre now a few teams in mass who can now handle them.

Comment

I agree that some teams are catching up to the scorp-blazers but I still think they are the front-runner. The scorpion bowl has proven that an upset is possible. It will certainly make for much more interesting state cup games this year. Good luck to all teams!

Comment

You know other teams are in strking distance of the scotpo blazer when the parents come on this site and try to justigy their elitism. Anyone who watched the games at the scorpion bowl saw that, as expected, there sre now a few teams in mass who can now handle them.
                  I do not know this team. But if they are typical of the FO Blazer teams they were probably bigger than their peers U10 - U13 and at U14 players start to catch up. The Blazers had a team a couple years ago and then they started to get beaten at U14. By U15 they imploded.

Comment

I do not know this team. But if they are typical of the FO Blazer teams they were probably bigger than their peers U10 - U13 and at U14 players start to catch up. The Blazers had a team a couple years ago and then they started to get beaten at U14. By U15 they imploded.
                    not saying they are going to impload, but yes, bingo, you have hit the nail on the head. It's unclear if scorpions will continue to be a predominantly a girls club, and if many of these very good players elect to go to the next level (e.g. DAP) because of that.

Comment

May choose next level DAP next year

I have news for you as for those scorp blazer kids choosing to go to DAP next year. That team may have 2-3 kids that could play DAP!! That's all folks.

Comment

I have news for you as for those scorp blazer kids choosing to go to DAP next year. That team may have 2-3 kids that could play DAP!! That's all folks.
                        Well, objectively, there are quite few more than that. I would say at least 1/2, having seen this team play for many years (no, I am not a parent or affiliated with scorps or blazers). You have to understand something, DAP Dad, that this team would likely beat the bolts and give the revs a run for their money. Let's not talk about seacoast.

Comment

Well, objectively, there are quite few more than that. I would say at least 1/2, having seen this team play for many years (no, I am not a parent or affiliated with scorps or blazers). You have to understand something, DAP Dad, that this team would likely beat the bolts and give the revs a run for their money. Let's not talk about seacoast.
                          Seacoast beat the Bolts.

Comment

News for dad

Look at your last 5 games DAD! Look at the tournament you just played in a few weeks back!! You guys are dreaming revs could beat you by 20 seriously! And by the way Seacoast 14's are 7-6 on the season. I would say that is respectable.

Comment

Look at your last 5 games DAD! Look at the tournament you just played in a few weeks back!! You guys are dreaming revs could beat you by 20 seriously! And by the way Seacoast 14's are 7-6 on the season. I would say that is respectable.
                              It would be great to see you prove it, elitist Revs DAD! Bring it on!

Comment

Are you really so insecure that you need to berate and taunt 13 and 14 year old boys? I'm not associated with either team in question, but honestly folks, can't we just support our youth soccer teams and not anonymously bash on club teams, DAP teams, town teams. Keep it in perspective, please...it's kids sports after all.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X