2013/14 u15 (99/98) boys

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We have been through the situation w past 2 year state champ Scorp team. Some went to REVS and Bolts, and all others decided to go different ways... Journey over - well played. Some are on Fc Stars. Many on MPS.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      So how did this U15 group fair this weekend?

Did any see the mighty FC Stars? How did they lose to FSA when the games against comparable opponents didn't fair so well?

Is Forza tooting their way up the charts?

What about the 98 Bolts who chose to play up?

98 Bolts CHOSE to play up? They played in the bracket they were qualified for. They didn't play up.

Comment

98 Bolts CHOSE to play up? They played in the bracket they were qualified for. They didn't play up.
        Seems like a lot of teams doing the 2 Leagues--Region 1 ( Premier or Northeast) and NEP or Maple--Lots of wear and tear on the players but guess its a chance to play as much as they would if they had played the fall also.

Comment

If I had to guess some teams are only playing NEP / Maple for State Cup berths / qualification. I wouldn’t be surprised if some teams treat the NEP season as experimental and pull up u14 or other U15 club team players to play. I wouldn’t get too caught up in spring season records. Especially the NEP teams (no relegation)….what is interesting to see is the number of MA teams playing Northeast League. It looks like a new MAPLE / NEP combo league vs. playing other teams outside MA.

Comment

If I had to guess some teams are only playing NEP / Maple for State Cup berths / qualification. I wouldn’t be surprised if some teams treat the NEP season as experimental and pull up u14 or other U15 club team players to play. I wouldn’t get too caught up in spring season records. Especially the NEP teams (no relegation)….what is interesting to see is the number of MA teams playing Northeast League. It looks like a new MAPLE / NEP combo league vs. playing other teams outside MA.
            Good point. Last years Boys U15 state champions finished last in NEP. A lot of teams treat NEP as developmental. Especially teams that play region 1 as well. A chance for non-starters to get significant minutes.

Comment

Last years Boys U15 state champs finished last in NEP.

Comment

Maple teams can't do that with relegation possible----

Comment

I dont think they planned to finish last

Comment

Great Start to the Season for Forza 7-0 win....

Comment

Great Start to the Season for Forza 7-0 win....
                      jeez ---did the vikings show up with 8 or something?

Comment

jeez ---did the vikings show up with 8 or something?
                        Vikings went 0-3 in the preseason MPS tournament also. Not sure what's happened to the program but they are a shadow of their former selves.

Comment

Vikings went 0-3 in the preseason MPS tournament also. Not sure what's happened to the program but they are a shadow of their former selves.
                          7-0 should never happen in D1 -its a shame--It really is a challenge to hold teams together post U14 ---This was a top team @u13 into 14--FC Blazers are not what they were last few years either-----

Comment

7-0 should never happen in D1 -its a shame--It really is a challenge to hold teams together post U14 ---This was a top team @u13 into 14--FC Blazers are not what they were last few years either-----
                            Blazers, Scorpions, Vikings at this age group have all faded...... SSU is now the front runner....things change....

Comment

Blazers, Scorpions, Vikings at this age group have all faded...... SSU is now the front runner....things change....
                              Forza seems pretty tough as well---(relax toot toot guy---not a Forza parent!) sometimes its easier to keep a smaller clubs teams together--more loyalty among players parents--

Comment

Is this really surprising? The best teams have their best players move on to Academy teams at this age (and now younger). This leads to a re-shuffling of the pack.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X