The ECNL Sales Pitch - Fact or Fiction

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You floridians are a little emotional and not objective on these types of issues I think- am from Illinois (have been reading these posts in Florida as entertaining and no posts in Illinois) -so don't know one fl team from another and no agenda- and have a son no daughters ecnl eligible. In Illinois the top clubs on the girls side are ecnl and it is certainly something that many girls strive too with very good players and increased visibility for sure- in our state the eclipse and sockers are ecnl teams and virtually all girls on these clubs at that level of team (premier playing ecnl and national tournaments etc) are clollege soccer bound (think that's to be applauded not jealous of)- if your daughter isn't on a ecnl team does that make them any less a kid or say that they are not a good player? Of course not , if our kid was not a boy would be make ecnl? Maybe maybe not- our own experience on the boys side is that it took him many years of training to make the equivalent on the boys side (pre academy at his age) and by no means was he less of a kid, player etc when he was "b team" - he always looked at that top team stuff as something to aspire to (if he could) and never felt any less of a player by coaches or team parents on his or other clubs while working jar to get there- don't know if the culture in Fl among parents is a little less
    Laid back or is this just on the message boards but seems like too much "my kid is better then your kid" jealousy, elitism (for those with top team kids) don't quite get it- but definitely entertaining.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      You floridians are a little emotional and not objective on these types of issues I think- am from Illinois (have been reading these posts in Florida as entertaining and no posts in Illinois) -so don't know one fl team from another and no agenda- and have a son no daughters ecnl eligible. In Illinois the top clubs on the girls side are ecnl and it is certainly something that many girls strive too with very good players and increased visibility for sure- in our state the eclipse and sockers are ecnl teams and virtually all girls on these clubs at that level of team (premier playing ecnl and national tournaments etc) are clollege soccer bound (think that's to be applauded not jealous of)- if your daughter isn't on a ecnl team does that make them any less a kid or say that they are not a good player? Of course not , if our kid was not a boy would be make ecnl? Maybe maybe not- our own experience on the boys side is that it took him many years of training to make the equivalent on the boys side (pre academy at his age) and by no means was he less of a kid, player etc when he was "b team" - he always looked at that top team stuff as something to aspire to (if he could) and never felt any less of a player by coaches or team parents on his or other clubs while working jar to get there- don't know if the culture in Fl among parents is a little less
      Laid back or is this just on the message boards but seems like too much "my kid is better then your kid" jealousy, elitism (for those with top team kids) don't quite get it- but definitely entertaining.
      I read this forum purely for entertainment. It's funny to see how many peeps are so locked up in youth soccer and think it is the end all. My daughter loves soccer and my son enjoys soccer. It's different as my daughter wants to play it for a very long time so she is constantly looking to improve. I.E. Plays on one of the top clubs now and also is in ODP.

That being said, she wants to play either in Region 1 level play or ECNL but has said she wants to wait. She wants to do it when she is in U15 and said she would rather focus on grades, playing as much as possible and training. She feels ECNL is one of the top options but that it could mean one game she is playing and the next she could sit some of it which she doesn't feel is the best option for her development.

Her trainer has been really good for her and has educated her that game time is very important in the development landscape. You can easily become an accomplished practice player but struggle to execute if you sit more than a 1/2 game. She rather not be a sub and at this point feels she only has a 50/50 chance to start every game.

Whatever you choose make sure YOU GET TIME IN A GAME TO EXECUTE.

Comment

This entire thread has been 95% about NEFC resentment and attacks on Stars and Scorps. It's a huge living, breathing embarrassment to the NEFC club. In almost 1000 posts, there has not been a single, solitary concession that Stars and Scorps have been solid youth soccer clubs and produced solid results. The poster above is right. The proof is in the parallel death of the rising U15 thread, which also has been 95% about NEFC.
        NEFC parent posting for the first and only time on this thread:

Stars and Scorps have been solid youth soccer clubs and produced solid results.

Have a nice day.

Comment

NEFC parent posting for the first and only time on this thread:

Stars and Scorps have been solid youth soccer clubs and produced solid results.

Have a nice day.
          I'm also a parent of a stars player. I agree NEFC, MPS and Scorpions are all quality clubs. each age group having different results.

Have a nice day.

Comment

I'm also a parent of a stars player. I agree NEFC, MPS and Scorpions are all quality clubs. each age group having different results.

Have a nice day.
            The original post asks if ECNL is fact or fiction....FACT. My D has a D1 college ride because of ECNL, her hard work and our extensive and expensive travel.

Was it worth it and would I do it again? ABSOLUTELY.

Did she love it? MORE THAN ANYTHING ELSE SHE HAS EVER DONE.

Did her team win any big national titles? NO.

Did that matter to the college recruiters? NO.

Did we spend more on travel than college would have cost us? NO. About $170,000 less.

Have a nice day.

Comment

The original post asks if ECNL is fact or fiction....FACT. My D has a D1 college ride because of ECNL, her hard work and our extensive and expensive travel.

Did we spend more on travel than college would have cost us? NO. About $170,000 less.

Have a nice day.
              I'll second this post---

After our time in the ECNL, we will be getting about a 5 to 1 return on every soccer dollar that we have spent since U4.

Comment

I'll second this post---

After our time in the ECNL, we will be getting about a 5 to 1 return on every soccer dollar that we have spent since U4.
                Funny how these two posts were made around the same time. Same person for sure. All you ECNL people are sick! Obviously, tryouts are coming up and you're desperate to try and recruit on here. Jeez, even neutrals like perspective (yeah right) are dredging up 2 year old threads. It's pathetic. I don't care what team my daughter plays as long as she's developing and playing on a competitive team. Get a life you people. It really is unbearable the push you guys make for your elite league. I don't think anyone from NEFC, MPS or other clubs are coming on here touting how great their league is and how everyone would be a fool not to play in it. Talk about a bunch of whackos!

Comment

saw this on another thread

Funny how these two posts were made around the same time. Same person for sure. All you ECNL people are sick! Obviously, tryouts are coming up and you're desperate to try and recruit on here. Jeez, even neutrals like perspective (yeah right) are dredging up 2 year old threads. It's pathetic. I don't care what team my daughter plays as long as she's developing and playing on a competitive team. Get a life you people. It really is unbearable the push you guys make for your elite league. I don't think anyone from NEFC, MPS or other clubs are coming on here touting how great their league is and how everyone would be a fool not to play in it. Talk about a bunch of whackos!

a big bird rumor has it, that breakers & nefc are planning to partner their clubs for ECNL teams under.
                  NE-BREAKERS-FC. be ready at try outs.

don't worry nefc you will get your chance if true

Comment

a big bird rumor has it, that breakers & nefc are planning to partner their clubs for ECNL teams under.

HA! Zero Chance.

Comment

Some of us would be worried if the club did get that "chance." Thanks, but most of us are good.

Comment

Have a nice day.
                        The great protector of all things Stars and ECNL is very fond of questioning the back story behind posts. Perhaps he is correct, does anyone really believe this poster's story?

Comment

Not a chance!

Comment

Pure fiction. I'm a Stars parent, I would know!

Comment

The great protector of all things Stars and ECNL is very fond of questioning the back story behind posts. Perhaps he is correct, does anyone really believe this poster's story?
                              It's pure fact...I made the post. My D is committed to a Div 1 $50,000 a year school. She is getting more than 75% for all 4 years. I am not lying. I am trying to help the parents out here struggling with ECNL. All I am saying is that "if" your daughter is ever offered a spot on an ECNL team, take it. They wouldn't offer her the spot if she wasn't good.

All the girls listed on the committed page are facts too...believe me, all us parents talk. Why would they post fake commits...I don't think the college coaches listed would appreciate it.

Don't believe us if you don't want to. We don't care. Just don't take a great opportunity away from your child because you live by the "if it sounds too good to be true, it probably isn't " motto. This is definitely one exception to that rule.

Comment

Pure fiction. I'm a Stars parent, I would know!
                                Parent to what age? ECNL, NPL or Maple?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X