X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Still OP.

Curious, of those whose kids stuck with club long term; did you stick with the same club or did you end up switching?

In short, did you make the right choice the first time around?
    4th club in 7 years for 10 year old

most clubs are disorganized hotbeds of nepotism with managers and dad "coaches" dominating and running the show for their own. mirrors the 1%

Comment

most clubs are disorganized hotbeds of nepotism with managers and dad "coaches" dominating and running the show for their own. mirrors the 1%
      4th club in 7 years and the clubs are the problem. Me thinkist you need a mirror.

Comment

4th club in 7 years and the clubs are the problem. Me thinkist you need a mirror.
        Well-said!

Comment

Well-said!
          We have been with the same club for 3 years not perfect but we love it. Off the top of my head I know at least 7 clubs we would not have lasted with.

Comment

I submitted a post that I think is being held for moderation because I was on my phone/cell network. So this may be a double post.

We went to try a practice recently. It was a 2nd level BU10 team of a larger club.

The kids were all nice. However, the skill level was not as high as I expected it to be and the kids seemed to fool around quite a bit.

They are 9 years old, so perhaps I am being a bit harsh. However, my son was looking for some seriousness. As in, kids who are all business about soccer rather than jump on each others backs etc.

Is this typical of a BU10 team?

It also occurred to me that the coach was on his best behavior, as I was watching, and maybe would have been more strict with them if my son and I weren't there?

Comment

Still OP.

Curious, of those whose kids stuck with club long term; did you stick with the same club or did you end up switching?

In one case, stuck with the original team throughout youth soccer. It was luck, to be honest.

In another case, tried the same club as before, but the team wasn't a good enough fit, so ended up switching.

Lesson: it's the team, not the club. Every team is its own blend of personalities and talent, including parents and coach as well as players. Hopefully, in your child's age group at your chosen club, you get a blend that you like. If not, switch next year.

Comment

So your kid started playing club soccer at 3 years old?

Comment

So your kid started playing club soccer at 3 years old?
                  Not only that but 4 clubs in 7 years, especially for a young player, is a parental problem, not club. Anything under 10 years old should all be about development, extra touches, etc. and supplementing local play. Running from one to the next is bad enough at any age, let alone for U-little

Comment

In one case, stuck with the original team throughout youth soccer. It was luck, to be honest.

In another case, tried the same club as before, but the team wasn't a good enough fit, so ended up switching.

Lesson: it's the team, not the club. Every team is its own blend of personalities and talent, including parents and coach as well as players. Hopefully, in your child's age group at your chosen club, you get a blend that you like. If not, switch next year.
                    Thankyou!!!!!#

Comment

Still OP.

D switched at u11 and u15. Both times it was the right decision.

Needs change, coaches change and teams change.

Comment

Seems to me that you don't need anybody's advise. you know answers to all your questions. Sorry If I'm wrong, but you sound a little fake.
                        If you are wrong? How does someone actually respond with that? If you don't like the tread don't respond. Wow!

Comment

D switched at u11 and u15. Both times it was the right decision.

Needs change, coaches change and teams change.
                          What team at u15? Love to know

Comment

If you are wrong? How does someone actually respond with that? If you don't like the tread don't respond. Wow!
                            I Like the OP's question generally. And I believe there are people out here who do need this kind of information. But if I was a newbie in the soccer world, I would not understand a half of what is being discussed here and had to ask some additional questions. OP seem to be very comfortable with all answers. Besides, she mentioned, she is the coach. Coaches, even the house league coaches have better sources of information then TS. OP is a fake. I hope her real goal was to learn how to start a new thread. In this case- congratulations! Good Job!

Comment

Folks, this is anonymous forum. Why is there such a need to prove who is who? There is no way to do that. What is wrong with starting a thread to simply discuss the issues? Everyone uses deflection to hide who they are here, why is talking about their deflection here so much more important that just discussion the issue at hand?

Comment

Folks, this is anonymous forum. Why is there such a need to prove who is who? There is no way to do that. What is wrong with starting a thread to simply discuss the issues?
                                Believe it or not, many people don't appreciate being straight up lied to--even in an anonymous forum--especially when the lies are insultingly weak. Lying is not equivalent to "deflection"--no matter how strongly one believes that whatever ends justify the means. And the "no way to prove" line continues to be irrelevant. This isn't a court of law (which doesn't require definitive proof, anyway), and conjecture is par for the course here. Good luck.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X