Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    It's about time everybody stops taking digs at Galway I have a child their and she loves it, tell me what club doesn't have its problems and I will show you someone lying.
    I'm 100% certain that there are many happy kids and parents at Galway. The problem is that there aren't many happy competitive soccer players there. Galway is perfect for the casual player. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that. It's the players that want to practice in an intense, competitive environment that need to look somewhere else once they realize what the club is all about.

In an effort to prove my point I would be interested to hear what Memorial Day tournaments Galway has registered for this year. Please provide a link if possible.

Comment

The high school teams are playing in needham

Comment

this thread is still up?

Imploding teams at Galway (always, FA is clueless)
        Scorpions, they have kids coaching and they get high constantly (i smell it on them before practices) trying to buiild a facility at last though
        PTUSA (PT calls my kid every season to play for him, stop recruiting and develop kids)
        SSSelect (no boys program and the girls will be gone by U13)
        NEFC take everyone promise the world dont care about anyone but the absolute best players
        Synergy (mom and pop club going to be swallowed up by Hanovers new club)
        Real Rams (real awful setup and even worse coaches)
        CSU (always going to be mediocre but nothing special)
        MPS (overpriced, overated staff, but they keep getting bigger)

problems everywhere

Scorps parent

Comment

this thread is still up?

Imploding teams at Galway (always, FA is clueless)
          Scorpions, they have kids coaching and they get high constantly (i smell it on them before practices) trying to buiild a facility at last though
          PTUSA (PT calls my kid every season to play for him, stop recruiting and develop kids)
          SSSelect (no boys program and the girls will be gone by U13)
          NEFC take everyone promise the world dont care about anyone but the absolute best players
          Synergy (mom and pop club going to be swallowed up by Hanovers new club)
          Real Rams (real awful setup and even worse coaches)
          CSU (always going to be mediocre but nothing special)
          MPS (overpriced, overated staff, but they keep getting bigger)

problems everywhere

Scorps parent
          Pretty close to truth every club is flawed.

Comment

Every team if flawed I guess to what degree. When you have Galway losing age groups because the owner and Breakers cannot win a game in Ecnl. The list go on and on

Comment

My theory is even good club teams blow up about every 2.5 years (5 seasons). Be ready to move. It's better for your kid to see different coaches/teams anyway. The clubs will hate you for that, especially if your kid is good. And June is the time to do it.

Comment

Every team if flawed I guess to what degree. When you have Galway losing age groups because the owner and Breakers cannot win a game in Ecnl. The list go on and on
                Hitting the bottle earlier than usual today?

Comment

Cannot wait till June to see what happens on the South Shore with the all the problems at Galway, Breakers and Select. Like to know more about the Stars coming South and the new club at the Hanover sports facility. The new changes might be good to open the eyes of some of the clubs that have had a strangle hold on the kids. June cannot come soon enough.

Comment

Haha hanover new club, name some coaches and we will see who even bothers to turn up to tryouts!

Comment

Cannot wait till June to see what happens on the South Shore with the all the problems at Galway, Breakers and Select. Like to know more about the Stars coming South and the new club at the Hanover sports facility. The new changes might be good to open the eyes of some of the clubs that have had a strangle hold on the kids. June cannot come soon enough.
                      Stars South is an absolute joke. Galway will be fine because Hingham, Cohasset, Norwell & Duxbury parents will always care more about car magnets and skiing than competitive soccer.

Comment

If we go bye who coaching no would tryout for MPS, Breakers and NEFC they all change their coaches year to year. That is not just the lower teams but the change seems to be more at their elite levels.

Comment

If we go bye who coaching no would tryout for MPS, Breakers and NEFC they all change their coaches year to year. That is not just the lower teams but the change seems to be more at their elite levels.
                          Agree there has been more changes at Scorpions Ecnl teams and MPS top teams. You don't know who coaching just before or till after the tryouts it is a joke and that even if you know who the new coaches are.

Comment

Perhaps this is not a bad thing? New eyes...no favorites...another perspective. There is something to be said for continuity during recruiting years, but if qualified then IMO change is not necessarily a bad thing. Coaches get stuck in ruts with teams.

Comment

No more teams with major flaws

Comment

Galway Mem. Day tourney

I'm 100% certain that there are many happy kids and parents at Galway. The problem is that there aren't many happy competitive soccer players there. Galway is perfect for the casual player. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that. It's the players that want to practice in an intense, competitive environment that need to look somewhere else once they realize what the club is all about.

In an effort to prove my point I would be interested to hear what Memorial Day tournaments Galway has registered for this year. Please provide a link if possible.
                                Galway elite teams are all playing at Lincoln Page in NY
                                http://www.massapequasc.com/Tourname...T/index_E.html

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X