X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Battlestar Mediocrity

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    You must be new to Connecticut soccer. SoccerPlus' ECNL teams are a joke. Their returning teams (last year's U14's, U15's, U16's and U17's) combined for an underwhelming ECNL record of 7 wins 64 losses and 8 ties. You should do a bit of research and educate yourself because you are obviously ignorant of the facts http://www.eliteclubsnationalleague.com/standings

The SoccerPlus ECNL players are the players who were not good enough to play for the CFC United Teams.
    And to think that 30% of their wins came from playing CFC. If the Connecticut ECNL teams didn't play each other there would be 10 less wins than the dribble of wins they have.

Comment

Last year CFC went 26-28-9 vs the same schedule

Comment

Sheer Genius

===
        The SoccerPlus and CFC United ECNL U15, U16, U17, and U18 teams played each other twice last year. CFC won 6, SoccerPlus won 4, and pretty much all were a one goal differential. When head-to-head, very little difference between the teams, and both clubs do a nice job of feeding girls into the college ranks. All of the teams play the same teams, play at the same tournaments, and in front of the same college coaches.
        These girls must be doing very well in the class room. i guess the answer to the poor results of the CFC and S+ teams is that they are choosing players for their grades. This is a phenominal trend!

Comment

not sure I follow

Last year CFC went 26-28-9 vs the same schedule
          You are countering the 11% S+ win rate vs the 41% CFC win rate vs the same competition....what is your point...CFC did better?

PS...The difference between the two clubs right now is CFC has loads of talent at U12 and U13 and S+ has very little. The future looks bright at CFC for ECNL. The bright light for S+ is the train that is about to run them over. Choosing not to enter a club to play ECNL Jr and beatings that S+ took within CJSA last year at those age groups says more then anough, no need to respond.

For S+ sake, I hope the ECNL destination club theory works and girls start to flock there to play in the league, otherwise, with out a merger with Oakwood or FSA, the ship has sailed. My recommendation would be for the new team to cut the fee to $500 For U12 and up for one team in each age category and make it compelling for talent to leave another club. Take the loss for a year and then step the fees back up over the next few years as you become more competitive and dont need to rely on price to get kids in the door.

Yours truely,
          The CT Soccer Undertaker (c u soon)

Comment

Last year u14-17 Soccerplus teams went 7-49-8 these are the teams representing them in ECNL plus last years 13's

What is their plan to develop better players?

Comment

What is their plan to develop better players?
              Recruit better players

Comment

It's all bullsh

It's all bullsh. I get the benefits and drawbacks of RL, S+, and Alliance. I understand the complaints against CFC and BS. I get that if your player gets 15min per game, they should go somewhere that better fits their talent. And, I comprehend that town travel is almost irrelevant and, at best, Tolland Soccer is not much more than a feeder program for premier-soccer businesses.

So, not having a horse or child in any of those races, what the .... is a talented soccer player supposed to do? Go play for some watered-down travel team masquerading as a "premier" team, or try out and be invisible in a sea of 100+ other players?

Given the discussions on here, it is clear that travel, premier, and the CJSA are not helping promote better youth soccer. The only benefit I see is it now costs $2-3000 per year to play, instead of <$100. What is unclear is where good players should go? There's lots of negative ... shtuff ... casually tossed around on these forums, but not much that is useful in a positive way.

Comment

My daughter has been on CFC United for a few years. With the large rosters some girls don't play much, while others hardly ever come out. I don't see any other club in the state getting girls into D1 as much as CFC does. It is well worth it if girls are in the top 15 on their team.

Comment

My daughter has been on CFC United for a few years. With the large rosters some girls don't play much, while others hardly ever come out. I don't see any other club in the state getting girls into D1 as much as CFC does. It is well worth it if girls are in the top 15 on their team.
                    If you are in Tolland Oakwood is close enough to consider. They own their turf fields and indoor place. Most team's coaches are very good. LA and EB are excellent at u10-u12. If your daughter is u13 be careful as that team struggles. U15 and up are very good and probably difficult to make unless your daughter is very good.

We have been very happy there with kids at multiple age groups.

Feel like kids are developing and most important they like their coaches and teammates.

Comment

If that's true, how did the Alliance team get so good in such a hurry? My guess is is half the S+ players went to the Alliance and half of them stayed S+. Both teams seem to be doing well.

It seems like most of the SoccerPlus Stars branch migrated CFC Alliance and only a handful of players stayed with the Stars.

Is it possible that little Mia didn't get a lot of playing time last year and you have an ax to grind with the coach?

Comment

If that's true, how did the Alliance team get so good in such a hurry? My guess is is half the S+ players went to the Alliance and half of them stayed S+. Both teams seem to be doing well.

It seems like most of the SoccerPlus Stars branch migrated CFC Alliance and only a handful of players stayed with the Stars.

Is it possible that little Mia didn't get a lot of playing time last year and you have an ax to grind with the coach?

Comment

they stayed at S+ (stars) they tied SCP 1-1

No one wants to be coached by a lunatic

Comment

Only a few players went to Alliance. Maybe he actually is a good coach

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                            Auto-Saved
                            x
                            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                            x
                            Working...
                            X