X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cfc alliance

Another branch!?@$!?

Riche lewis? Doesn't he coach for soccerplusct.

Train at star hill in tolland? Doesn't soccerplusct train out of there

What the heck? Wouldnt it be easier for soccerplusct to throw in the towel and become cfcalliancesoccerplusazzurisambaimpactcandlewoodar senalwolves

Cfc = cjsa

In essence, CFC has replaced CJSA as the state's travel league association. The difference is that parents now pay $2000+ dollars for the privilege of wearing CFC on the front of a baby blue jersey.

The CFC model of growth is well defined. Bribe a coach or group of coaches at an existing club (sometime premier, sometimes travel) to move their team to CFC (instant revenue) with the player lure of eventually being on the CFC United team (which is still only made up of Wolves and Arsenal players).

Now the players and parents of the CFC travel teams complain all the time about the poor quality of play, poor coaching, etc. And the players and parents on United complain about 26 girl rosters, some girls getting 15 minutes of playing time - in only some games, the horrendous club culture, etc. But parents continue to pay.

In CFC's defense, they are a for-profit organization and are doing what any for-profit is supposed to do - make money. CJSA's poor managing of the premier leagues and inept response by the state's other premier clubs have left a vacuum for CFC to exploit.

It won’t last, but it’s painful to watch in the mean time.

Comment

I agree that CJSA is to blame for this. The need to STOP approving more premier clubs. There are plenty already. We need to reduce the number, not add to it. I would love to see them limit it to 12 per age group state wide. And yes each CFC "branch" would could as a team. Some age groups have 20+ premier teams. CT is too small for that.

Comment

CFC isnt saying its a premier team. When you are playing against travel teams its a travel team.

Going back to the first post...is this an "alliance" with Soccerplus? Same area and coach and training facility? I wonder if they are working on something where CFC name will take over their areas and at u15, the kids who couldnt make CFC united are funneled into the other ecnl team over there. It would really improve soccerplus team with all those kids even if it was CFC's seconds.

Comment

sucks for you

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
          In essence, CFC has replaced CJSA as the state's travel league association. The difference is that parents now pay $2000+ dollars for the privilege of wearing CFC on the front of a baby blue jersey.

The CFC model of growth is well defined. Bribe a coach or group of coaches at an existing club (sometime premier, sometimes travel) to move their team to CFC (instant revenue) with the player lure of eventually being on the CFC United team (which is still only made up of Wolves and Arsenal players).

Now the players and parents of the CFC travel teams complain all the time about the poor quality of play, poor coaching, etc. And the players and parents on United complain about 26 girl rosters, some girls getting 15 minutes of playing time - in only some games, the horrendous club culture, etc. But parents continue to pay.

In CFC's defense, they are a for-profit organization and are doing what any for-profit is supposed to do - make money. CJSA's poor managing of the premier leagues and inept response by the state's other premier clubs have left a vacuum for CFC to exploit.

It won’t last, but it’s painful to watch in the mean time.
          Fact check obama...
          U15 United team, 22 girls, not 26.....I love the read something once repeat it forever as fact culture of America. My daughter's current team has 17 players and guess what, some kids only get 15 minutes of playing time. Eventually it becomes about the talent and not how much you pay. If you are not happy with paying and not getting playing time, then time for a move to a different level of soccer
          CFC United teams are not made up of only wolves and arsenal players. It is true that at some ages it may seem that way, but that is due to the talent level. As newer CFC programs begin proving talent from there younger pipeline, I fully expect a shift. In addition, plenty of outside talent trying out.
          CFC has actuallly started laying the foundation for consolidation, perhaps you are just not in the know....keep your eyes and ears open...ps...this won't be good news for other clubs.

By the way, if expanding to where your customers are is a crime, then CFC is guilty. I don't think trying to build brand loyalty early and get future talent into the CFC pipeline is causing the demise of soccer in CT.

Comment

Fact check obama...
            U15 United team, 22 girls, not 26.....I love the read something once repeat it forever as fact culture of America. My daughter's current team has 17 players and guess what, some kids only get 15 minutes of playing time. Eventually it becomes about the talent and not how much you pay. If you are not happy with paying and not getting playing time, then time for a move to a different level of soccer
            CFC United teams are not made up of only wolves and arsenal players. It is true that at some ages it may seem that way, but that is due to the talent level. As newer CFC programs begin proving talent from there younger pipeline, I fully expect a shift. In addition, plenty of outside talent trying out.
            CFC has actuallly started laying the foundation for consolidation, perhaps you are just not in the know....keep your eyes and ears open...ps...this won't be good news for other clubs.

By the way, if expanding to where your customers are is a crime, then CFC is guilty. I don't think trying to build brand loyalty early and get future talent into the CFC pipeline is causing the demise of soccer in CT.
            As long as there are people who want to pay big $$$ and travel to say they are on ECNL teams then CFC will be Happy to take the $$$(remember for profit club). I don't blame them! In the future it will boil down to maybe 3-4 real PREMIER clubs in the future!

Comment

I agree that CJSA is to blame for this. The need to STOP approving more premier clubs. There are plenty already. We need to reduce the number, not add to it. I would love to see them limit it to 12 per age group state wide. And yes each CFC "branch" would could as a team. Some age groups have 20+ premier teams. CT is too small for that.
              And how does limiting the number of premier teams help soccer in CT? Doesn't any attempt to limit the number of teams reek of paternalism or over-regulation of recreation?

Comment

Well, at least Steve Coxon is now openly referring to CFC branches as "franchises". (Although, in my experience, restaurant franchises have more consistency and quality control. You go to any McDonalds and you get pretty much the same quality. Not with CFC franchises.)

Comment

Being from Fairfield county I have never been involved with Steve. Sean Driscoll runs the CFC Arsenal branch and it is run top notch. 2 practices a week with a technical session every week as well. Arsenal attend top tournaments too.

I don't think Steve is involved with the United/ECNL group either but I'm not positive about that.

Comment

Well, at least Steve Coxon is now openly referring to CFC branches as "franchises". (Although, in my experience, restaurant franchises have more consistency and quality control. You go to any McDonalds and you get pretty much the same quality. Not with CFC franchises.)
                    Should CFC clone existing players and/or coaches to maintain quality?

Comment

steve

Being from Fairfield county I have never been involved with Steve. Sean Driscoll runs the CFC Arsenal branch and it is run top notch. 2 practices a week with a technical session every week as well. Arsenal attend top tournaments too.

I don't think Steve is involved with the United/ECNL group either but I'm not positive about that.
                      Wouldn't recognize the guy if he rode over me on his horse and my daughter plays for CFC

Comment

Should CFC clone existing players and/or coaches to maintain quality?
                        Only if they want to keep the lack of quality and coaches!

Comment

CFC Alliance

Help me understand the CFC Alliance outfit... Is this another startup, like Azzurri? Or a re-branding of a prior club, like Extreme? I've seen some comments suggesting that this is a group of rebels from S+. If it is based on the U11 S+ pool that seemed to find some success in the U11 CJSA league (not the sternest test, I understand), what a back-breaker for TD. Just when they started to have a glimmer of hope in the pipeline.

Why doesn't SC just drive over and shoot TD's dog too... Cruel. Cruel.

Comment

Help me understand the CFC Alliance outfit... Is this another startup, like Azzurri? Or a re-branding of a prior club, like Extreme? I've seen some comments suggesting that this is a group of rebels from S+. If it is based on the U11 S+ pool that seemed to find some success in the U11 CJSA league (not the sternest test, I understand), what a back-breaker for TD. Just when they started to have a glimmer of hope in the pipeline.

Why doesn't SC just drive over and shoot TD's dog too... Cruel. Cruel.
                            Here's my parental understanding of what is going on...

Rich Lewis was running the SoccerPlus Stars. All of us agree that that Lewis is an absolute disaster of a coach (he SHOULD NOT be coaching young kids), and SoccerPlus (and us parents) wanted him out after this season. So Lewis did what other unscrupulous people have done (last year it was John Salvatore with Soccer Extreme and Western United) and decided to attempt to steal the players and create a new CFC branch (sort of CFC Alliance of evil). (Lewis started recruiting people to leave SoccerPlus during the season while he was getting paid by SoccerPlus.)

The Stars U11 (arguably the best group of U11s in CT) will continue to be a SoccerPlus team, and we’ll eventually feed into the SoccerPlus ECNL teams at U13 or U14.

Comment

Here's my parental understanding of what is going on...

Rich Lewis was running the SoccerPlus Stars. All of us agree that that Lewis is an absolute disaster of a coach (he SHOULD NOT be coaching young kids), and SoccerPlus (and us parents) wanted him out after this season. So Lewis did what other unscrupulous people have done (last year it was John Salvatore with Soccer Extreme and Western United) and decided to attempt to steal the players and create a new CFC branch (sort of CFC Alliance of evil). (Lewis started recruiting people to leave SoccerPlus during the season while he was getting paid by SoccerPlus.)

The Stars U11 (arguably the best group of U11s in CT) will continue to be a SoccerPlus team, and we’ll eventually feed into the SoccerPlus ECNL teams at U13 or U14.
                              If the guy's a bum, why did SP hire him? That doesn't speak well of SP. Of course, it wouldn't speak well of CFC either. If a coach is bad for kids you fire him / her. Period. You don't tell him he's got 90 days to clean out his locker - and bring the whole team with him to a rival club.

Since you have a kid on the team I guess you speak for her at the least. It will be interesting to see what the majority of players do. If this really is a strong group it will be difficult to split them up. I'd predict one big winner and one big loser in this little drama. Keep us posted. CFC opening a strong branch in that region would be a major happening for CT soccer as would the potential re-awakening of SP.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X