Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    So is $2200 the standard fee, or is it lower? Higher?

What is the yearly fee for an NPL team?

What is the yearly fee for the GPS National Team?
    I paid $2250 this year. I know for a fact that GPS RI is less than MA because they pay less for field rentals.

Comment

The answer is "it depends". What Team, what Region, what Age, what Gender? There is no "standard fee". I doubt there is with any team.

We paid under $2400 when we were last there two years ago. No fee for the National team camp other than travel expenses. You aren't forced into it.

I believe now there are summer camps integrated into it now for the older, NPL-based teams, so it's more. But, still less than if I took our own club fees and the extra camps we do otherwise.
      We shut our kids down for the summer to rejuvinate. Can you back the camp price out of the fee for a U17 boy good enough to play on a top team?

Comment

We shut our kids down for the summer to rejuvinate. Can you back the camp price out of the fee for a U17 boy good enough to play on a top team?
        Have no idea, not anything we explored. My guess is 'no'.

My D takes in 2-3 camps over the summer and those are extra since we aren't with them any longer.

Comment

Have no idea, not anything we explored. My guess is 'no'.

My D takes in 2-3 camps over the summer and those are extra since we aren't with them any longer.
          why do American parents love the british and irish coaches at GPS - these are mostly people that cannot get real jobs and they are paid on the cheap by GPS

Comment

GPS costs about 3700 before travel for a year.

for that you get a nice bag and Bayern munich knockoff shirt

you get a bunch of kids with the same bad hair cuts and rich parents on the sidelines loving that their kids coach is british.

most of their teams are awful except their top team which is only because they have hundreds of kids to pick from.

GPS - PAY TO PLAY - one reason usa mens soccer did not qualify for world as top level soccer out of reach for average kids
            This has been beaten to death in other threads. GPS NPL teams at U13/14 cost $3700. That includes a summer residential camp, 3 practices per week fall, 2 practices per week winter, 3 practices per week spring, 2 practices per week summer (through July), 2 or 3 tournaments ( you'll do more), and futsal league in the winter. When you break all the soccer down, it is within a few hunder dollars of what is offered by other top clubs. It is approx. $2200 for U12 and under, and includes less practices, no residential camp, etc.

Also, price may be dependent on region, where the biggest variable is field cost. If you don't like it or can't afford it, play elsewhere. Plenty of clubs offer cheaper pricepoints, but yku won't get as much ball time or have to pay alacart for additional training/camps/futsal.

Comment

This has been beaten to death in other threads. GPS NPL teams at U13/14 cost $3700. That includes a summer residential camp, 3 practices per week fall, 2 practices per week winter, 3 practices per week spring, 2 practices per week summer (through July), 2 or 3 tournaments ( you'll do more), and futsal league in the winter. When you break all the soccer down, it is within a few hunder dollars of what is offered by other top clubs. It is approx. $2200 for U12 and under, and includes less practices, no residential camp, etc.

Also, price may be dependent on region, where the biggest variable is field cost. If you don't like it or can't afford it, play elsewhere. Plenty of clubs offer cheaper pricepoints, but yku won't get as much ball time or have to pay alacart for additional training/camps/futsal.
              So the $3700 doesn't include a uniform kit? How much is that?

Comment

Originally posted by unregistered View Post
                this has been beaten to death in other threads. Gps npl teams at u13/14 cost $3700. That includes a summer residential camp, 3 practices per week fall, 2 practices per week winter, 3 practices per week spring, 2 practices per week summer (through july), 2 or 3 tournaments ( you'll do more), and futsal league in the winter. When you break all the soccer down, it is within a few hunder dollars of what is offered by other top clubs. It is approx. $2200 for u12 and under, and includes less practices, no residential camp, etc.

amen!!!

Comment

It is very simple. GPS is like the ladies at a straw market. To most newbies they throw out full retail price, which I have been told by those in the southcoast and other MA regions is $3200. It is up to the customer to then barter down to a more acceptable price. Depending on the level of player and/or financial need (and sometimes a combo of both), GPS will adjust its “scholarship” offer accordingly. I know two specific examples where one player only had to pay $500 for the season, and another where they got discounted down to $2100. The $500 tuition was for a much better player, but who also had a need base scholarship. However, in both circumstances they were originally told that the tuition was $3200. The full retail price might be a little lower in other GPS regions where field rentals are cheaper, but I do know that the full retail price of other clubs for the same level teams in the same regions as GPS, are roughly about $1000 less. The difference is they do not include as many (GPS) tournaments or the summer camp (which many people cannot attend anyway, but are required to pay for anyway).

Comment

It is very simple. GPS is like the ladies at a straw market. To most newbies they throw out full retail price, which I have been told by those in the southcoast and other MA regions is $3200. It is up to the customer to then barter down to a more acceptable price. Depending on the level of player and/or financial need (and sometimes a combo of both), GPS will adjust its “scholarship” offer accordingly. I know two specific examples where one player only had to pay $500 for the season, and another where they got discounted down to $2100. The $500 tuition was for a much better player, but who also had a need base scholarship. However, in both circumstances they were originally told that the tuition was $3200. The full retail price might be a little lower in other GPS regions where field rentals are cheaper, but I do know that the full retail price of other clubs for the same level teams in the same regions as GPS, are roughly about $1000 less. The difference is they do not include as many (GPS) tournaments or the summer camp (which many people cannot attend anyway, but are required to pay for anyway).
                    So lets assume I accept your +$1k statement: what's your point?
                    Cheaper is better?

Comment

Glad you recognize that GPS is willing to work with families that need it. Not the money grubbers narrative. Well done GPS.

Comment

Glad you recognize that GPS is willing to work with families that need it. Not the money grubbers narrative. Well done GPS.
                        Maybevif superstar
                        Average player 4k plus uniform please

Comment

Maybevif superstar
                          Average player 4k plus uniform please
                          Wow, the inaccurate costs keep going up.

By the weekend it will be $6k and also a $1500 deposit...

Comment

Wow, the inaccurate costs keep going up.

By the weekend it will be $6k and also a $1500 deposit...
                            Ferrari prices
                            Yugo performance

It's the model, bro.

Comment

Ferrari prices
                              Yugo performance

It's the model, bro.
                              GPeniSnvy....

Comment

Sorry, are you saying a U13 player is expected to pay $3700 and THEN buy a uniform kit for additional $$$$? That's extreme if true.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X