Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    did the coach approach and recruit your daughter in the snack line during the winter indoor leagues at FSA. OW is known to do this!
    Inspector Columbo is on the case. I think the kid ordered a hotdog... Thats a big clue!
    This happens all the time and someone wanted to brag about their kid getting some attention. Stay or go BUT never post about it. Rookie parents!

Comment

My daughter was approach by a coach from another club, told her to leave her current team and to come and play for him. Is there a rule or some kind of law that says this is legal or illegal?

We don't want to leave the current club and think what he is doing is wrong
      Don’t get to excited. The coach probably sees you as a sucker soccer parent and is looking to get your check. He doesn’t care about your kid. He is not offering anything more than a team to play on. She isn’t special and neither are you.

Ps....go to a Yankee practice..if your kid is a baller, she will be offered free training and will get to play up and on multiple teams. Anything to get that one d1 kid that actually enrolls and plays for a good college program so the full paying parents think thier kid could actually get a scholarship and that Yankee helps them get the spot

Comment

afc is neither CJSA or a pop-up, but don't let lack of facts stop your narrative.
        AFC is Travel+. Like most low level clubs they have a few good players on most of the teams but surrounded by weaker players. They had a nice thing going for years when they were based in Cheshire and grabbed all of the kids. No longer based there and the handful of talented kids that moved onto college soccer recently bypassed AFC entirely.

They've been around for 10+ years so certainly not a pop up.

Comment

Don’t get to excited. The coach probably sees you as a sucker soccer parent and is looking to get your check. He doesn’t care about your kid. He is not offering anything more than a team to play on. She isn’t special and neither are you.

Ps....go to a Yankee practice..if your kid is a baller, she will be offered free training and will get to play up and on multiple teams. Anything to get that one d1 kid that actually enrolls and plays for a good college program so the full paying parents think thier kid could actually get a scholarship and that Yankee helps them get the spot
          YU doesn't even have that and they're tanking fast. They definitely are desperate enough to offer free tuition but any potential ballers should stay away, far away.

Comment

YU doesn't even have that and they're tanking fast. They definitely are desperate enough to offer free tuition but any potential ballers should stay away, far away.
            smells like the sh!thead parent from OW 06 girls who thinks he is a coach

Comment

best player in the state plays at YU- I looked at the All FCIAC team (their area of OP) YU seems well represented imagine they also pull from SWC and some SCC schools

Comment

best player in the state plays at YU- I looked at the All FCIAC team (their area of OP) YU seems well represented imagine they also pull from SWC and some SCC schools
                I've got a HS all stater and I can tell you that means little when it comes to a club's ability to train and develop players. YU college placement lists are weak to begin with, and someone showed that last year's "placements" were 40% smoke and mirrors (as in 40% weren't even on a college roster).

Comment

Best is questionable. Squeaky Joe that whines his way until he gets what he wants.... wa-wa-wa! YU sucks

Comment

I've got a HS all stater and I can tell you that means little when it comes to a club's ability to train and develop players. YU college placement lists are weak to begin with, and someone showed that last year's "placements" were 40% smoke and mirrors (as in 40% weren't even on a college roster).
                    the point of an all conf or all state list is not about college
                    those specific players ,playing head to head stood out as the best in league,region or state against other players from all the clubs.CFC being the biggest club in the state should have the most, but when its said that Club A sucks and has no players,and then they are well represented on these lists it makes me throw the BS flag

Comment

Best is questionable. Squeaky Joe that whines his way until he gets what he wants.... wa-wa-wa! YU sucks
                      no its not- she got the player of the year-that answered the question
                      you may think your kid deserved it ,but the people in charge of determining it made a decision

Comment

the point of an all conf or all state list is not about college
                        those specific players ,playing head to head stood out as the best in league,region or state against other players from all the clubs.CFC being the biggest club in the state should have the most, but when its said that Club A sucks and has no players,and then they are well represented on these lists it makes me throw the BS flag
                        Of course but that's why I had to point out to the YU supporter that YU having lots of HS accolades doesn't make it a good club.

Comment

Of course but that's why I had to point out to the YU supporter that YU having lots of HS accolades doesn't make it a good club.
                          sure it does, as 90% of soccer players wont play organized past HS

Comment

you may think your kid deserved it ,but the people in charge of determining it made a decision
                            High School acalades mean nothing. But if that is what your kid walks away with, good for her. How is college recruitment looking? That says and means a lot more.

Comment

Coach joes stomping and crying that led to him walking out of the meeting like a stubborn 2 year old led to the decision. She's a tremendous "little" player, just others have had a better year and brighter future. Politics play so much! Don't be blind

Comment

Coach joes stomping and crying that led to him walking out of the meeting like a stubborn 2 year old led to the decision. She's a tremendous "little" player, just others have had a better year and brighter future. Politics play so much! Don't be blind
                                So he bent the comittee over and had his way? Sure
                                Who had a better year and who decides that if not the people at CIAC
                                Give us an example

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X