X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Hey,
    We had the 04 and 05 girls from Oakwood play some friendlies over in the pnw.
    They were well trained and played out from the back. Coach was a bit joysticky but
    seemed ok. but overall, good teams and aggressive.
    Is this club considered the top club in Conn for girls (and boys)? Noticed the DA for both.
    Just curious. Hope you all had a good time.
    Oakwood is the club that requires the most parental involvement. If you are the type of parent who has a lot of time and is looking for a more social experience for yourself, Oakwood is the perfect club.

You have to work for free as Ball dad’s, direct visitors in the unpaved parking lot and work on the sidelines selling baked goods. There is a minimum Hours requirement. You also must attend various social fund raising events, like annual daddy daughter dances and hit up all your co workers to buy the minimum required raffle tickets.

If your daughter is a private high school student, she can get a waiver from the onerous gdap requirements such as no playing high school soccer and investing all your child’s free time in a singular pursuit of a low academic d3 roster spot.

Comment

The 2 Oakwood teams in Barcelona, 2 in Seattle, and 4 in Holland right now might disagree. Their faces on the loadds of recent Twitter and Facebook posts sure look pretty happy.
      Costly and unnecessary trips. DA is expensive enough as it is

Comment

Boys teams or girls? My bet is boys as the girls teams subsidize the boys teams so they can go on nice trips.

Oh...by the way, ecnl travel is expensive. Much better deals to Seattle, Barcelona and holland than Florida for a showcase. I can’t wait to see all those Oakwood scholarship offers at schools in Spain and holland. Not a lot of us college coaches on the sidelines out there. No wonder Oakwood only places kids and third tier d1 colleges, instate d2 colleges and lower academic d3 programs that never make an NCAA tournament.
        If you like arrogant coaches, elitist management, decrepit facilities and ridiculous parent commitments then this is the place for you. Total garbage if you asked me. Good news is you lose your high school experience, pay thru the nose, travel thousands of miles and you end up at Mount Holyoke College. Well done parents

Comment

If you like arrogant coaches, elitist management, decrepit facilities and ridiculous parent commitments then this is the place for you. Total garbage if you asked me. Good news is you lose your high school experience, pay thru the nose, travel thousands of miles and you end up at Mount Holyoke College. Well done parents
          Sounds great. Sign us up. My kid can't wait to sell raffle tickets. Looking forward to the hot dogs too

Comment

OW moms are cute and friendly. Worth a spin behind the veinless hot dog shack.
            cute and friendly and the biggest ***** kissers around to make sure there daughter is placed where the mom thinks she should be. play days with the coaches kid, whatever it takes!!!

Comment

Costly and unnecessary trips. DA is expensive enough as it is
              life time experiences for you son or daughter!

Comment

OW's fall from grace has begun. I expect RD to sell to KB in the next 5 years.

Comment

OW's fall from grace has begun. I expect RD to sell to KB in the next 5 years.
                  KB? You mean gruff and non smiley GK KB? He makes RD look like Don Rickles

Comment

life time experiences for you son or daughter!
                    Most would rather spend the money on a family trip doing some of the same things. As the op stated it's completely unnecessary and has little to do with player development.

Comment

You people are disgusting. Get a life, go Vale!

Comment

Hey, OP here.
                        Sorry, I forgot that this is TS. I should have thrown out couple insults first to show
                        my street creds. I apologize. Ok, so rich that all the girls wear the same shoes and cleats.
                        the token African American gk girl on one team from Connecticut. All is well.

Just don't understand why would you come to the seattle-area when you could have
                        gone to San Diego and theme parks route and played some great teams in socal.
                        Probably same amount of $$ and time. I hope you enjoyed our homeless tent cities,
                        legal marijuana, and our heroin epidemic. Duh, forgot you have Hartford and Bridgeport.
                        Ok one more zigger. But thanks for playing against our girls.

Comment

Hey, OP here.
                          Sorry, I forgot that this is TS. I should have thrown out couple insults first to show
                          my street creds. I apologize. Ok, so rich that all the girls wear the same shoes and cleats.
                          the token African American gk girl on one team from Connecticut. All is well.

Just don't understand why would you come to the seattle-area when you could have
                          gone to San Diego and theme parks route and played some great teams in socal.
                          Probably same amount of $$ and time. I hope you enjoyed our homeless tent cities,
                          legal marijuana, and our heroin epidemic. Duh, forgot you have Hartford and Bridgeport.
                          Ok one more zigger. But thanks for playing against our girls.
                          Take a good look at yourself in the mirror when you go to bed tonight. Your parents created you and would be ashamed of the POS you've become.

Comment

Take a good look at yourself in the mirror when you go to bed tonight. Your parents created you and would be ashamed of the POS you've become.
                            The pathetic daddy coach playing up at OW should show some class. What a weird organization that usually suffocates their product to death and has a bunch of rogue dads and moms in other colors playing in other facilities 'recruiting. Hey d1psh1t stop talking to othercteam players.

Comment

The pathetic daddy coach playing up at OW should show some class. What a weird organization that usually suffocates their product to death and has a bunch of rogue dads and moms in other colors playing in other facilities 'recruiting. Hey d1psh1t stop talking to othercteam players.
                              This is you at 6:00am? Watch out world!!!

Comment

OW DA teams, and CFC ECNL teams play against the NY clubs this weekend, let's see how they do against NYCFC and World Class FC, I say 1-3 Ow, and 2-1-1 for CFC....

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X