•  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shatuck st Mary’s is another choice

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      So, my kid wants to play DA next year in a academy type setup and just started doing some research. We took a tour of img which is super impressive but a bit overwhelming with so many sports involved. So now we are considering out of state options if any? Talking to shattuck private school and academy. About 55k with a great education but not the best of location for a Florida boy. Anyone have any experience with this school or img for that matter?Img was even higher but some scholarship money would be available. We were also just told about Casa Grande in Arizona and looking into that now.
      If your that flexible, the best option is to take him out the Country.

Comment

If your that flexible, the best option is to take him out the Country.
        Can’t just take your kid out of the country to play soccer. Nearly impossible.

Comment

I moved from Jersey a few years ago, and I was shocked that my son had a shot of making a DA team here in Florida. Where we lived, it was either, Cedar Stars, PDA, Red Bulls or Union (a bit far out) and we never even got an invite to any of these teams.

Here in Florida he tried out (which was new to us.... trying out of a DA team rather than being invited to train with them for 2-3 weeks) for both teams in Bay area - got the run around from 1 team and was told by the other he could play on their Pre DA team.

Point is - places like NY, MD, VA, CA and TX are way ahead of Florida....

I just went a whole different route, but had to get that off my chest.

Comment

I moved from Jersey a few years ago, and I was shocked that my son had a shot of making a DA team here in Florida. Where we lived, it was either, Cedar Stars, PDA, Red Bulls or Union (a bit far out) and we never even got an invite to any of these teams.

Here in Florida he tried out (which was new to us.... trying out of a DA team rather than being invited to train with them for 2-3 weeks) for both teams in Bay area - got the run around from 1 team and was told by the other he could play on their Pre DA team.

You went out to tryout in Arizona?

Comment

Ok, sure they are Joe Piscopo. Because the two DA's in the Bay Area, Clearwater and TBU (not a full DA and they have no Pre DA team), gave you trial and the teams up North didn't, makes them way ahead. What an asshat. A Pre DA team are the players that were on the u15 team that did not make the U17 team. They train with the DA but play NPL, RPL, FSPL, State Cup, etc... If your kid is younger and they said pre DA, then they meant just some regular club team and you don't train with the DA, which means your kid sucks, especially if he is younger. What year is your son? The people up north probably know your kid and the clubs in FL do not know your kid. Sounds like you got rejected and now you are trying to take a dig at the clubs here in FL.

Point is - go suck a big fat one.

Comment

You went out to tryout in Arizona?
                2 OC players are going to Arizona next year.

Comment

Ok, sure they are Joe Piscopo. Because the two DA's in the Bay Area, Clearwater and TBU (not a full DA and they have no Pre DA team), gave you trial and the teams up North didn't, makes them way ahead. What an asshat. A Pre DA team are the players that were on the u15 team that did not make the U17 team. They train with the DA but play NPL, RPL, FSPL, State Cup, etc... If your kid is younger and they said pre DA, then they meant just some regular club team and you don't train with the DA, which means your kid sucks, especially if he is younger. What year is your son? The people up north probably know your kid and the clubs in FL do not know your kid. Sounds like you got rejected and now you are trying to take a dig at the clubs here in FL.

i agree. if u16 or u18 and they say "pre DA" take it. it means your kid with good showing may make DA next year. if your kid was given "pre DA" at u12-u14, and its in the tampa bay area, your kid is really not DA material.

Comment

Your living in Fantasy world. DA = Politics, Pay to Play & of course having your head so far up the Clubs Arse you caunt see Daylight.What a Arsehole you are.All for nothing LOL.

Comment

Wow, Typical Chargers Daddy,Thinks his Son is better than evreone else's. Reality is your kid will be working Macdonald's in a few Yrs .

Comment

That's not a TBU parent, that's a Charger parent.Typical of them.

Comment

2 OC players are going to Arizona next year.
                          2002s? 2003s? or ... ?

Comment

Dogbertailumpsky ;-)

Comment

I am more Bruce than Joe....

For us we are in a position where we are able to have both my boys stay back in NJ to finish high school. My oldest is now in college and youngest will graduate this summer and play in college out west. For us, school and soccer wise this was the best choice - both play(ed) on top ranked non DA teams with proper exposure. Ironically, the college my son now plays at came through one of his guess playing stints here during a winter breaks.

But to your point, both boys were/are Bay area DA material based on what was already here and playing at both Bay area clubs.

Comment

I took my 01 son out to Casa Grande last weekend for a 3 day trial. Very organized and tryout was full. Coaches and organization seems top notch. Facilities are very good but it is definitely in the middle of the desert. Family stayed at a hotel on site and son was roomed with another trialist. They do have a decent prep school right on campus. Have 3da teams and pre academy as well. Son has now been offered a spot on da team next year and we should hear in 3-4 weeks what our financial obligation would be. Evidently without costs can climb quickly. Will be a big decision for our family. He also has a tryout at MV with oc but we have not been impressed so far from what little we have picked up from 2 phone calls. We shall see. Been playing club ball last 2 years but wants back in DA last 2 years of school. We watched 2 da games Saturday against one of top clubs in country and came away very impressed. Just to let others know who are not close enough to drive to a state da, explore options. Evidently we were told by coaches in Arizona that several Florida kids are already out there and doing quite well.
                                Hi!

Congratulations on making the DA team! It sounds very competitive..

I wonder if you have any follow-up on what happened with Barca?
                                Did you get a scholarship? How much?
                                Did you decide to take him there...?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X