Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    to clarify, real AMERICAN boys don't play soccer. Only Euroweenies and man-bun Latinos men play soccer. Any AMERICAN boy playing soccer just couldn't hack it in another sport, truth.
    True. Real American boys are to busy texting or playing video games. Then the rest of the time they’re trying to figure out if they’re male or female

Comment

Yes the alternative tournaments during Memorial Day weekend are just peachy. Nothing better than getting on the roads on a Friday afternoon during a holiday weekend to travel a few states away (right before the team is ready to disband for the summer and a bunch of the players are moving on to other organizations). Good times.
      And if you have 2 kids playing any sport, not just soccer, most likely your family will be divided those holiday weekends unless someone figures out how to clone parents.

Comment

True. Real American boys are to busy texting or playing video games. Then the rest of the time they’re trying to figure out if they’re male or female
        maybe in your house, to each his own.

Comment

Looks like everyone but CFC and FSA got locked out of PDA Memorial Day.

Comment

Looks like everyone but CFC and FSA got locked out of PDA Memorial Day.
            FSA and CFC get in because they play in league with PDA. But I thought OW had a couple of girls teams in?

Comment

Ow not in because they suck moose knuckle

Comment

Everyone has teams in with PDA. CFC got their NPL U14’s in and a 3rd 17’s. Pays off to have friends in high places. Just another way CFC flexes their leverage in the state.

Comment

Total bull**** CFC’s npl 14’s are in the 16 team invitational. And how is their 17’s 3rd team in

Comment

Total bull**** CFC’s npl 14’s are in the 16 team invitational. And how is their 17’s 3rd team in
                    Don't hate the player. Hate the game.

Perhaps the Oakwood Invitational?

Comment

Don't hate the player. Hate the game.

Perhaps the Oakwood Invitational?
                      Sounds like there will be better competition there.

Comment

And if you have 2 kids playing any sport, not just soccer, most likely your family will be divided those holiday weekends unless someone figures out how to clone parents.

Easy enough to fix.

Tell your club you don't want to go to these events. Get all your other parents to do the same and refuse to participate.

Just choose to not go. If enough in your club do so, then there will be no tournament participation. If enough clubs do that, then the tournaments will dry up for lack of money and profits.

I'd love to see the end of tournaments. The worst kind of soccer there is for youth players.

Comment

Easy enough to fix.

Tell your club you don't want to go to these events. Get all your other parents to do the same and refuse to participate.

Just choose to not go. If enough in your club do so, then there will be no tournament participation. If enough clubs do that, then the tournaments will dry up for lack of money and profits.

I'd love to see the end of tournaments. The worst kind of soccer there is for youth players.
                          It's a necessity for recruitment, as well as keeping a spot on a team. Good luck telling your club you arent' going when 95% of the parents will. It's a well known evil of youth soccer but not enough parents are willing to buck they system. Clubs won't change unless their bottom line is impacted, but top clubs will always have more families willing take your spot and write checks. Families know what they're signing up for and shouldn't complain.

Besides, my kids have fun going to tournaments and I enjoy spending time with them. I've got on in college and another on the way. It flies by in an instant. This is what my kids want so I support it. If they started complaining soccer would be ax'd out of the budget in a heartbeat for something else they're passionate about.

not the poster

Comment

I kinda' like the tournaments. I know the kids love them. Bonding for a few days and being kids in between games was a great memory for me growing up; and I know my kid feels the same.

As for parents and costs, while it's something to think about it's not the end of the world. We enjoy it as well; a day out of the office is always a good day, even if it's in Maryland, Virginia, Kansas, New Jersey, wherever. It's fun watching my kid have fun, and good to get out of the Region and play teams we don't normally.

What surprises me most is how this comes up every year, and why are parents caught off guard? How often does a club drop an e-mail at the end of February that says "OBTW, we are going to Virginia next week?"

Comment

Easy enough to fix.

Being in an appropriately placed division of a well run tournaments is a good experience, especially when you're playing against teams you never see. This time of year they are a great way to break the boredom of having to play and practice on tiny fields indoors and a good kickoff to the spring season. Now hold them on a holiday weekend hundreds of miles away and that's when it becomes a chore.

Comment

Easy enough to fix.

This is the problem with youth sports today; the parents do what they want. Guess what their children learn? Don't want to participate fully with a team or can't, then do not join the team. This is what rec and travel are for (although I do not agree with it even for travel soccer).

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X