Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does club soccer shy away from forming lasting teams?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I disagree with yous last statement. Individual decision making is not technical. Tbh. I dont like pigeon holing what is what becasue it makes the game sound modular. You go from one block tot he next. Its a whole. An individual makes decisions in the context of what others are doing in the game. You process the picture and then act. the picture constantly changes.

to me, technique allows you to make the right decision in the most efficient manner ie with the least number of touches.

Great technique allows a player more time to make decisions. Great tactics put players in positions to maximize what they have collectively. Great tactics tend to take some of the decision making burden away.
    We've all seen players who seem gifted with technical skill on the ball and dominate with the ball at their feet, but who never seem to make the right pass or be in the right place off the ball. Usually the player can't play a specific position and roams the field, watching the ball trying to get it at their feet.

I think we can all agree a player like this may be technically strong, but have a low soccer IQ. His/her tactical understanding of the game is very low. I've seen plenty of players like this even at U14-17, though it is very common at U9-12. This is what we want to avoid. We need to develop the technical skill along with the tactical understanding. Remember, in a 90 minute match, 87 minutes will be spent off the ball. Only 3 minutes will be spent on the ball where technique matters most.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      We've all seen players who seem gifted with technical skill on the ball and dominate with the ball at their feet, but who never seem to make the right pass or be in the right place off the ball. Usually the player can't play a specific position and roams the field, watching the ball trying to get it at their feet.

I think we can all agree a player like this may be technically strong, but have a low soccer IQ. His/her tactical understanding of the game is very low. I've seen plenty of players like this even at U14-17, though it is very common at U9-12. This is what we want to avoid. We need to develop the technical skill along with the tactical understanding. Remember, in a 90 minute match, 87 minutes will be spent off the ball. Only 3 minutes will be spent on the ball where technique matters most.
      Yes, but to me there are cleanly nuances that I consider to be decision making. To me, tactics are the coaches plan. A coach decides on what tactics to employ. he can outline them to his team but they have to execute.

Do you develop a kids tactical understanding by teaching a specific tactic? I dont think you do and thats all im trying to say. I could teach a u13 team to press effectively and they WILL be very successful relative to other teams of similar skill, because that tactic - the press, will create situations where they dont have to be that technically proficient to create easy scoring chances ( This was the UNC blueprint for 20 + titles aligned with liberal sub rules)

I dont think thats a good use of time UNLESS my ONLY aim is to win.

its all a trade off. Players become tactically more aware when they watch more soccer , immerse in the game more and also learn the consequences of better decision making and technique. remember the coach can outline a gameplan and his tactics but things change and player need to be able to adapt.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      x
      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
      x
      Working...
      X