X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    wrong again
    in the olympics only 3 medals she got the honor of representing her country and competing for medals
    what was the last team you made?
    Big deal...she as one of three in her sport that got a trip to South Korea. Came home with a free tee shirts and no medals. Just like one of my vacations.

Do you think that if she puts, winter Olympic team member that didn’t place in any events on her resume, that it will make a difference to a future employer? Maybe she has some nice cocktail hour stories to tell or bedtime stories to tell to her kids about how didn’t medal, but that’s it. I can do the same about high school football and my college d3 experiences.

Comment

Big deal...she as one of three in her sport that got a trip to South Korea. Came home with a free tee shirts and no medals. Just like one of my vacations.

Do you think that if she puts, winter Olympic team member that didn’t place in any events on her resume, that it will make a difference to a future employer? Maybe she has some nice cocktail hour stories to tell or bedtime stories to tell to her kids about how didn’t medal, but that’s it. I can do the same about high school football and my college d3 experiences.
      See NO ONE cares about your HS or college experiences, People are impressed with an athlete who had what it takes to make an Olympic team. Green isn't a good color on you.

Comment

the difference is they asked her to go and paid for her to go
        you pay for your vacations and the your family are hostages they wouldnt invite you if they had the choice
        yes it will
        and no you cant

Comment

See NO ONE cares about your HS or college experiences, People are impressed with an athlete who had what it takes to make an Olympic team. Green isn't a good color on you.
          I know no one cares about my hs and college athletics. The issue is you don’t understand that no one cares about a Winter Olympics athlete except for about a week every 4 years unless they have a medal. Even then, only the hard core winter sports enthusiasts cares.

For example, I watched the two us women win a xcountry gold medal. First time in history the us won a gold medal in any xcountry event. Unfortunately, without googling them, I don’t even remember thier names. It is a shame, because what they did in that race was truely amazing.

So you see, someone who hurls themself down a hill and does a couple twists and flips and can’t stick a landing really only impresses her friends and family.

Comment

Why would you think that being a member of the US Olympic team would not carry weight on an employment resume? Do you not understand what that credential tells an employer about the candidate's level of commitment, dedication, focus, persistence and many other positive personal characteristics prized in most companies? Have you ever actually met or interviewed a member of any US Olympic team, as I have?

Do you think that's all the lessons a child of an Olympian is likely to learn from such a parent? Have you watched the Olympics this year and listened to the back stories of so many of these athletes competing and some winning medals, who are the children of Olympic athletes or National Team athletes themselves?

Comment

I know no one cares about my hs and college athletics. The issue is you don’t understand that no one cares about a Winter Olympics athlete except for about a week every 4 years unless they have a medal. Even then, only the hard core winter sports enthusiasts cares.

For example, I watched the two us women win a xcountry gold medal. First time in history the us won a gold medal in any xcountry event. Unfortunately, without googling them, I don’t even remember thier names. It is a shame, because what they did in that race was truely amazing.

So you see, someone who hurls themself down a hill and does a couple twists and flips and can’t stick a landing really only impresses her friends and family.
              So what is your point?

Comment

Why would you think that being a member of the US Olympic team would not carry weight on an employment resume? Do you not understand what that credential tells an employer about the candidate's level of commitment, dedication, focus, persistence and many other positive personal characteristics prized in most companies? Have you ever actually met or interviewed a member of any US Olympic team, as I have?

Do you think that's all the lessons a child of an Olympian is likely to learn from such a parent? Have you watched the Olympics this year and listened to the back stories of so many of these athletes competing and some winning medals, who are the children of Olympic athletes or National Team athletes themselves?
                Well, I hire people. While it might be impressive, it doesn’t hold much weight in my hiring decision.

Comment

I have a relative who was a former Olympic athlete (summer Olympics). Spent his whole life committed to being the best he could be. Had to train all the time. Shaped his family vacations and social activities as long as I can remember.

He was a great club athlete, a great high school athlete. Went to college, a prestigious university, on a full ride. Stayed to get his masters, so he could continue training for the Olympics. Twice selected to the team Both times as an alternate and never swam in the games themselves.

Seems like a waste of time, eh? Well, let's see. He was offered some great jobs in his major right our of college and again right out of grad school. He will tell you his Olympic selection opened all kinds of employment doors for him. He then decided to coach within his sport instead, first as an assistant in college and guess what, helping to train Olympic prospects. Eventually became the head coach at his college and then from there vaulted into the Head Coaching positions at one of the nation's finest universities and is a nationally recognized Coach in his sport and considered quite a fellow from those who lived in the same town as him when he was a kid.

So, in the end, a lot more people than just his family and friends seem to care about his time as an Olympic athlete.

And if it matters, his sport is swimming.

Comment

I have a relative who was a former Olympic athlete (summer Olympics). Spent his whole life committed to being the best he could be. Had to train all the time. Shaped his family vacations and social activities as long as I can remember.

He was a great club athlete, a great high school athlete. Went to college, a prestigious university, on a full ride. Stayed to get his masters, so he could continue training for the Olympics. Twice selected to the team Both times as an alternate and never swam in the games themselves.

Seems like a waste of time, eh? Well, let's see. He was offered some great jobs in his major right our of college and again right out of grad school. He will tell you his Olympic selection opened all kinds of employment doors for him. He then decided to coach within his sport instead, first as an assistant in college and guess what, helping to train Olympic prospects. Eventually became the head coach at his college and then from there vaulted into the Head Coaching positions at one of the nation's finest universities and is a nationally recognized Coach in his sport and considered quite a fellow from those who lived in the same town as him when he was a kid.

So, in the end, a lot more people than just his family and friends seem to care about his time as an Olympic athlete.

And if it matters, his sport is swimming.
                    So a jock became a coach. Big deal. I know a lot of coaches who weren’t olympians.

Comment

So what is your point?
                      He has no point. He's a jealous idiot

Comment

So a jock became a coach. Big deal. I know a lot of coaches who weren’t olympians.

How many of them coach at D!, one of the best D1 schools in the nation?

How many of them make a six figure salary (all before the decimal point), to coach a sport that gave him nothing but joy his whole life?

How many of them get to travel around the nation, competing with the best schools and against the best athletes?

How many of them have a nice attire contract with one of the sports clothing companies?

How many of them get control over a very nice budget, recruit athletes across the nation and across the globe?

Isn't that what this other poster's kid is getting with that job? Isn't that what happens at most of the top D1 schools in their sport?

How do you compare the guys you know locally to a coach at this level and call it the same?

Comment

How many of them coach at D!, one of the best D1 schools in the nation?

How many of them make a six figure salary (all before the decimal point), to coach a sport that gave him nothing but joy his whole life?

How many of them get to travel around the nation, competing with the best schools and against the best athletes?

How many of them have a nice attire contract with one of the sports clothing companies?

How many of them get control over a very nice budget, recruit athletes across the nation and across the globe?

Isn't that what this other poster's kid is getting with that job? Isn't that what happens at most of the top D1 schools in their sport?

How do you compare the guys you know locally to a coach at this level and call it the same?
                          Swimming coaches make six figures. Damn I picked the wrong sport to coach. Maybe I will start swimming at the Y and see if I can get back to coaching
                          Signed, JOB

Comment

Swimming coaches make six figures. Damn I picked the wrong sport to coach. Maybe I will start swimming at the Y and see if I can get back to coaching
                            Signed, JOB
                            Here is one way you can try and be relevant as a 12th place winter olympic athlete. Must suck to spend all that time training and all you are known for is a kiss with your boy toy

https://nypost.com/2018/02/25/olympi...-ivanka-trump/

If this guy played soccer, he would play at yankee, no doubt

Comment

Here is one way you can try and be relevant as a 12th place winter olympic athlete. Must suck to spend all that time training and all you are known for is a kiss with your boy toy

https://nypost.com/2018/02/25/olympi...-ivanka-trump/

If this guy played soccer, he would play at yankee, no doubt
                              It is only a matter of time before the first tg girl plays club soccer. I too can see yankee being the club he/she plays for. Anything they can do to draw attention away from the dwindling numbers and fake college commitment lists.

Comment

The Yankee United Flash 01s and Blast 02s were undefeated this weekend, March 23-25, at the prestigious Jefferson Cup Tournament while performing in front of over 100 college coaches.The Flash 01s finished the tournament with a 2-0-1 record finishing first in their group earning finalist status in their bracket while the 02 Blast finished top in their group and earned a semi final berth going 1-0-2. Coaches from over 100 colleges were in attendance scouting the players.

The 01's tied Inter Atlanta FC Elite 1-1, with goal scored by Dori Grasso. They defeatd PDA South 3-2 with goals scored by Dori Grasso, Claire Middlebrook & Jess Mazo. They also defeated Westside Breakers Elite (CA), with goals scored by Jess Mazo, Claire Middlebrook and Breanna Gleissner.

The 02's defeated the NJ Wildcats NPL 4-1 (ranked 17th in the nation) with goals scored by Maddie Fried (2), Katie Ialeggio, Toni Domingos. They tied HMMS Impact Eagles (PA) (ranked 19th in the nation), 1-1 with goal scored by Katie Ialeggio and also tied ANBRY BOCA-SABR (ranked 4th in FL) 3-3 with goals by Toni Domingos, Maddie Fried & Madi Galley.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X