• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Nope
    Harvard-GK
    Umass - 2 forwards
    That’s the two games I watched so far. Read bio because I couldn’t believe my eyes
    I didn't mean to say that these foreign players might not be good, my point was that we should certainly be able to find equally competent players from the US also

Comment

I didn't mean to say that these foreign players might not be good, my point was that we should certainly be able to find equally competent players from the US also
      Foreign players on my daughter’ team are tactically more superior. First touch, field vision, tactical awareness and etc....

Comment

Foreign players on my daughter’ team are tactically more superior. First touch, field vision, tactical awareness and etc....
        That may be true, but simply means your daughter's college team has done a poor job of finding similar homegrown talent in the country with one of the strongest overall women's programs in the world

Comment

That may be true, but simply means your daughter's college team has done a poor job of finding similar homegrown talent in the country with one of the strongest overall women's programs in the world
          I work in this space. We are forecasting 40% growth of international US university placement in the next 7 years. Pipleines with the AD's are growing quickly.
          Along with the as mentioned football skill superiority, the foriegn player offers diversity which the US universities crave.

Comment

I work in this space. We are forecasting 40% growth of international US university placement in the next 7 years. Pipleines with the AD's are growing quickly.
            Along with the as mentioned football skill superiority, the foriegn player offers diversity which the US universities crave.
            True... but there are a couple of points to note... e.g. it is not unusual to have older 'freshmen' coming from overseas i.e. 19-20 year olds which naturally gives them a slight physical advantage....
            US girls soccer is organized on a scale that other countries cannot match.... elite players from other countries tend to go through academy systems .... not colleges...

Comment

US universities crave the illusion foreign students come with deeper pockets and less need for aid - they by definition can't get US federal aid. With soccer, women already make up 34% of women's team so not sure how much growth except the fact the US is hitting a demographic cliff - especially in the northeast - starting in 2025 (the slowdown in US fertility rates starting with the 07-09 recession) or so.

With higher education, you have your elite schools that can afford diversity; the remainder *want* it but can't necessarily afford it - and remember international students tend to require more services (not surprising Canada/UK is top for soccer as those students assimilate easier), tend to graduate at a lower rate, and have the issue - if they want to stay - of the greater difficulty in getting work visas by employers.

As the other poster noted, the rise of top euroleague teams' academies for females will draw more of the top players away from the US college pipeline, but the next tier who wash out will still use that college route. Just don't see the growth at least on the female side in soccer beyond the plateau it's at - but again, hard to tell if the recession baby cliff will hit athletes to the same degree as normal students. Expect some lean times for many lower tier private schools in the middle to end of next decade.

http://www.ncaa.org/sites/default/files/2018RES_International_SA_charts_Sept2018_final_201 80919.pdf

Comment

will PC make Big East tourny?

Comment

I will depend on what happens in Thursday's games in Big East

Comment

PC coach has zero respect with his team and coworkers! What is going on?? It’s a joke. Buyer be aware !!

Comment

when will PC mass exodus begin

Comment

Already started. One quit after last game

Comment

International student, speed of play too fast here

Comment

heard 2 more leaving

Comment

International student, speed of play too fast here

Yes, hard to catch up to that 50 yard pass!!
                              OMG...they really do just boot the ball here.

Comment

Can’t say I’m not surprised if that’s true.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X