Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

05 girls-upper vs lower premier?

Is there much of a difference in quality between upper and lower premier divisions for 05 girl teams? Lower premiere was pretty competitive for the most part. Wondering what upper premier might be like for any teams moving up for spring, should any of the teams end up moving up.

It's usually a big difference. Teams that finish at the bottom of upper premier & are relegated down to the lower premier often finish at the top of lower premier. Most likely, a previous lower premier team will end up at or near the bottom of upper premier. If a team blasted everyone in lower premier, they could end up higher.

Comment

In the top division the top 6 teams were fairly competitive week in and week out. The bottom 2 teams were in the wrong division.

If your looking forward to spring, FC Portland will be out of the league for ECNL, and I would replace the bottom 2 teams. Looking at whose at the top of the lower division I would think BSC, LOSC, and either SSC or WUSC would fit in okay. But even then they would probably finish at the bottom end in spring of the top division as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        In the top division the top 6 teams were fairly competitive week in and week out. The bottom 2 teams were in the wrong division.

If your looking forward to spring, FC Portland will be out of the league for ECNL, and I would replace the bottom 2 teams. Looking at whose at the top of the lower division I would think BSC, LOSC, and either SSC or WUSC would fit in okay. But even then they would probably finish at the bottom end in spring of the top division as well.
        Ecnl is a money grab and starting it at u13 is a total joke.

Comment

interesting goal differential in top 2 05G upper teams

#2 NEU had 31 goals, ten more than #1 FCP with 21. That’s a LOT of goals.

My kid is in one of those 05G teams a Reply above mentioned as maybe moving up to upper premier. If the move up is to result in weekly thrashings, I’d rather stay put in lower and enjoy competitive games with more closely matched teams. (I’m sure the kids would prefer that too) Even the teams toward the bottom of lower premier had some good results when they were full strength and clicking — GPS beat LO and Bend beat BSC.

Comment

Ecnl is a money grab and starting it at u13 is a total joke.
            Sorry your DD didn't make the cut. Maybe try some other sport where skill and intelligence doesn't matter so much???

Comment

Sorry your DD didn't make the cut. Maybe try some other sport where skill and intelligence doesn't matter so much???
              Pretty funny. You realize the two coaches from FC and Crossfire were fawning all over the same little girls.. and a number of them said “no thanks”. That’s just smart parenting. Most are holding out for GDA next year.

Comment

Pretty funny. You realize the two coaches from FC and Crossfire were fawning all over the same little girls.. and a number of them said “no thanks”. That’s just smart parenting. Most are holding out for GDA next year.
                Well that only goes to show how stupid those girls, and their parents, really are. GDA is a complete disaster and Thorns Academy is the worst of the lot.

Comment

What is up with Talking soccer parents?

Obviously the OP was asking for genuine input. The responses as initially helpful, but then devolved, as unfortunately is usual on this site, to something else. Helping each other as parents with soccer kids is what TS should be all about. It is shameful that so many TS posts are unhelpful overgeneralizations, insults (of club, country, coaches, or even kids!!), and ad hominem attacks on other posters. It’s a shame since we all love our kids and want to encourage them to be involved in physical activities, and to help them learn from team sports.TS could be such a powerful resource in advancing these interests among us parents. As a relatively new soccer parent to a kid who absolutely loves the game, it has been amazing to be present with my kid while that kid is learning about the value of hard work & practice, sportsmanship, humility in victory, fortitude in defeat, dealing with bullies, working with amazing coaches, and working with less-than-amazing coaches. It’s like we get to walk our kids through a crash course in life. We’re all in this together. Too bad we don’t behave with one another as if we are.

Comment

Obviously the OP was asking for genuine input. The responses as initially helpful, but then devolved, as unfortunately is usual on this site, to something else. Helping each other as parents with soccer kids is what TS should be all about. It is shameful that so many TS posts are unhelpful overgeneralizations, insults (of club, country, coaches, or even kids!!), and ad hominem attacks on other posters. It’s a shame since we all love our kids and want to encourage them to be involved in physical activities, and to help them learn from team sports.TS could be such a powerful resource in advancing these interests among us parents. As a relatively new soccer parent to a kid who absolutely loves the game, it has been amazing to be present with my kid while that kid is learning about the value of hard work & practice, sportsmanship, humility in victory, fortitude in defeat, dealing with bullies, working with amazing coaches, and working with less-than-amazing coaches. It’s like we get to walk our kids through a crash course in life. We’re all in this together. Too bad we don’t behave with one another as if we are.
                    It is unfortunate that the highly compensated coaches and DOC's monitor this site tirelessly in an effort to protect their income stream. I am sorry I cannot help the OP, but I sympathize. If you want real answers you must seek them elsewhere. This site is all about misinformation and misdirection. But if you watch closely, you can find truth by reading between the lines. Those under the most attack are probably the best options.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                    Auto-Saved
                    x
                    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                    x
                    Working...
                    X