Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I thought US Soccer DA rules prohibited try out fees? Have they ever answered why they charge $125 to try out?
    The money grab by the clubs/teams in the ECNL created the US DA for girls, according to this article.

College coaches liked the format and talent level of the old ECNL since the colllege coaches were the only real customers. Concierge service for the college coach and the parents pay for it. Brilliant.

Things have changed now the ‘focus’ is on player development not title iX entitlement services.

https://www.toacorn.com/articles/aca...-high-schools/

Peeling back the layers of a massive scam. Interesting.

Comment

The money grab by the clubs/teams in the ECNL created the US DA for girls, according to this article.

College coaches liked the format and talent level of the old ECNL since the colllege coaches were the only real customers. Concierge service for the college coach and the parents pay for it. Brilliant.

Things have changed now the ‘focus’ is on player development not title iX entitlement services.

https://www.toacorn.com/articles/aca...-high-schools/

Peeling back the layers of a massive scam. Interesting.
      Huh - did we read the same article.

“For me, it’s a money thing. That’s a lot of money (players) were paying into the ECNL. I think (U.S. Soccer) was trying to get in on the money that the ECNL was generating.”
      Another local coach also voiced his concerns about the academy program.
      “I think it’s a big business at the end of the day,” said Royal boys’ head coach Ignacio Saldain. “It’s not like they were searching for the women to get better: They’re the best in the world. Obviously (U.S. Soccer) is doing this to, I think in part, to make a little money.”

Comment

Huh - did we read the same article.

“For me, it’s a money thing. That’s a lot of money (players) were paying into the ECNL. I think (U.S. Soccer) was trying to get in on the money that the ECNL was generating.”
        Another local coach also voiced his concerns about the academy program.
        “I think it’s a big business at the end of the day,” said Royal boys’ head coach Ignacio Saldain. “It’s not like they were searching for the women to get better: They’re the best in the world. Obviously (U.S. Soccer) is doing this to, I think in part, to make a little money.”
        Reading the entire article their ate many points of view. Posting one little snip out of context doesn't begin to tell the story the narrative is there for everyone to read just follow the link. I did and thoroughly came with a different opinion than yours.

Comment

Reading the entire article their ate many points of view. Posting one little snip out of context doesn't begin to tell the story the narrative is there for everyone to read just follow the link. I did and thoroughly came with a different opinion than yours.
          That is the only part of the article talking about money.

By the way, I don't necessarily agree that money is the sole driver for GDA (there are other legitimate criticisms of top down drives like this); however the coaches talking about money in that article believe that GDA is a money-grab.

You really hate the ECNL so badly that you are willing to say 2=3? . . . must be from Westside (or Eastside, not much difference these days).

Comment

$35/day food allowance is the guideline on trips. Breakfast is inc with hotels.
            So if they are traveling 25-30 days per year that is probably another $1,000 on top of the $2,000 and $125 that thorns charge. That starts to add up pretty quick. Parents paying $3,125.

Comment

So if they are traveling 25-30 days per year that is probably another $1,000 on top of the $2,000 and $125 that thorns charge. That starts to add up pretty quick. Parents paying $3,125.
              3125 x 79 rostered players is almost a quarter million dollars?

Comment

Article got it right. A lot of multi sport athletes want to still play ECNL but the D1 Soccer coaches will now be pulling mostly from DA.

Comment

70 paying players x $2,000 = $140,000

Florida show case= $ 80,000 x 3 show cases per year = $ 240,000
                  $ 40,000 x 4 away trips to North Cal and Utah = $ 160,000
                  GDA gear= $30,000
                  Stadium lights= $50,000
                  GDA staff pay= $340,000
                  Video taping /posting of each game= $20,000

Comment

Article got it right. A lot of multi sport athletes want to still play ECNL but the D1 Soccer coaches will now be pulling mostly from DA.
                    Now when 90% of the top talent plays in the ECNL. DA has been a colossal bust across the nation and the college coaches have already written it off.

Comment

You can’t count the costs for tryouts or food on travel! That’s not fair.

Comment

That covers a lot of travel.

Comment

Still less than many local compeyative club teams. So whats the point!

Comment

That is the only part of the article talking about money.

By the way, I don't necessarily agree that money is the sole driver for GDA (there are other legitimate criticisms of top down drives like this); however the coaches talking about money in that article believe that GDA is a money-grab.

You really hate the ECNL so badly that you are willing to say 2=3? . . . must be from Westside (or Eastside, not much difference these days).
                            Which is hilarious since the only money grab iin these parts is local club soocer, not the NWSL girls DA that is subsidized.

Open your eyes, please.

Comment

70 paying players x $2,000 = $140,000

Florida show case= $ 80,000 x 3 show cases per year = $ 240,000
                              $ 40,000 x 4 away trips to North Cal and Utah = $ 160,000
                              GDA gear= $30,000
                              Stadium lights= $50,000
                              GDA staff pay= $340,000
                              Video taping /posting of each game= $20,000
                              A lot of money going into GDA!

Comment

Considering they don’t travel that much, that covers a lot of the travel costs.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X