Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    That could make for some awkward conversations with current DA/former ECNL players... GPS has it right. Focus on the business and offering a good product instead of trying to be the best and chase the latest BS league.
    Since when does GPS offer a good product?

Comment

As the TS rumor mill goes, this thread is an extraordinary steaming heap of ****. LOL

Comment

Depends on your definition and where you set the bat. It was certainly "good" for us for a few years. When we needed more, we moved on.

Comment

As the TS rumor mill goes, this thread is an extraordinary steaming heap of ****. LOL
          You could not be more wrong. Breakers are in the **** and people have lost jobs. They are on the edge of bankruptcy unless somebody puts up a lot of money quickly. Just wait and see.

Comment

You could not be more wrong. Breakers are in the **** and people have lost jobs. They are on the edge of bankruptcy unless somebody puts up a lot of money quickly. Just wait and see.
            Any sources or news articles on this?

Comment

Depends on your definition and where you set the bat. It was certainly "good" for us for a few years. When we needed more, we moved on.
              You move on when your kid is ECNL or DA caliber. The competition is just better and so is the exposure. If your kid is truly a D1 or national team caliber contender. The one exception is SSS. They play in the NPL but travel to the high level tournaments like CASL or the One in Virginia.

Comment

You move on when your kid is ECNL or DA caliber. The competition is just better and so is the exposure. If your kid is truly a D1 or national team caliber contender. The one exception is SSS. They play in the NPL but travel to the high level tournaments like CASL or the One in Virginia.
                Lots of clubs travel to high level tournaments...Maryland, Virginia, and New Jersey come to mind that draw some excellent teams. Not isolated to SSS.

As for why we moved, the team we were on coupled with the geographic location left us handcuffed. So, we moved but didn't burn a bridge in the process. GPS helped her, so it was good for us.

Comment

Okie dokie!

Comment

Facts are sometimes useful. Gps had their share of scoring leaders, all New England etc in HS this year and the proportion of awards boils down to club coaches in the HS system of which stars has the most and so it goes. More and more people I run into have negative stories about stars and NEFC is good but really nothing special as they are a behemoth like Gps. Face facts, Gps is a good business and continue to make good moves and underhanded internal practices and strife are not mainstays there, another big advantage. The biggest collateral advantage now is higher quality teams and a happier following. Post some facts of your own - we are listening.

Comment

Gps should grab up the Scorpions ecnl license and then take over Breakers just for fun - although maybe it's not all roses in professional women's soccer so maybe scratch that! But their having girls ecnl and da would sure cause indigestion for that other club.

Comment

Facts are sometimes useful. Gps had their share of scoring leaders, all New England etc in HS this year and the proportion of awards boils down to club coaches in the HS system of which stars has the most and so it goes. More and more people I run into have negative stories about stars and NEFC is good but really nothing special as they are a behemoth like Gps. Face facts, Gps is a good business and continue to make good moves and underhanded internal practices and strife are not mainstays there, another big advantage. The biggest collateral advantage now is higher quality teams and a happier following. Post some facts of your own - we are listening.
                        Just provide their college commits. My experience goes back to MPS and I have seen many players stagnate and never reach their potential. Fine HS players though.

Comment

Lots of clubs travel to high level tournaments...Maryland, Virginia, and New Jersey come to mind that draw some excellent teams. Not isolated to SSS.

As for why we moved, the team we were on coupled with the geographic location left us handcuffed. So, we moved but didn't burn a bridge in the process. GPS helped her, so it was good for us.
                          I meant play in the top brackets. The reality is that if you are not an ENCL/DA club you get relegated to a low bracket and play on an “alternative” out of the way pitch in this types of tournaments. You pay a fee, the organizers will certainly put you somewhere. Then is it really worth the travel, money and time away?
                          But I agree with you, it’s not easy picking a club. It’s difficult to move on and even more difficult to find the right fit. It’s not easy.

Comment

Any sources or news articles on this?
                            Sure I have my sources. I’m sure you would love for me to say names but you know I can’t say them, especially on a site like this one. I don’t think anybody is that stupid now.

I’m not the OP but I have been waiting for this to be public knowledge. Good people being treated poorly by ownership and management. Certain people there should be ashamed. For those that don’t believe what is being said, it’s true. It seems more and more people are hearing about it. Boston Breakers are nearing an end.

Comment

Sure I have my sources. I’m sure you would love for me to say names but you know I can’t say them, especially on a site like this one. I don’t think anybody is that stupid now.

I’m not the OP but I have been waiting for this to be public knowledge. Good people being treated poorly by ownership and management. Certain people there should be ashamed. For those that don’t believe what is being said, it’s true. It seems more and more people are hearing about it. Boston Breakers are nearing an end.
                              New to the discussion. I don't know anyone in the organization now, but had some contacts there in the past, and I'll just say that I've heard this sort of thing all the way along -- that 'good people being treated poorly by ownership and management' sort of rhetoric. I've also heard that sentiment translate into the 'nearing an end' rhetoric. Having worked in consulting with some small ventures, I've seen when the end comes, and I've seen when the talk was always there and way too premature. The plug could be pulled tomorrow because the business is just never going to be any sort of a cash cow for the owner (or because NWSL just doesn't see the market as a place where it needs to be going forward), but it could stay around forever because it's run on a shoestring. If it's the latter, you'll have "good people" coming and going feeling "treated poorly" looking like HR has a turnstile.

My own opinion, LB is the canary in the coal mine. If he leaves without replacement, then the "nearing an end" can be taken seriously. So long as he remains in place, the canary is okay.

Comment

New to the discussion. I don't know anyone in the organization now, but had some contacts there in the past, and I'll just say that I've heard this sort of thing all the way along -- that 'good people being treated poorly by ownership and management' sort of rhetoric. I've also heard that sentiment translate into the 'nearing an end' rhetoric. Having worked in consulting with some small ventures, I've seen when the end comes, and I've seen when the talk was always there and way too premature. The plug could be pulled tomorrow because the business is just never going to be any sort of a cash cow for the owner (or because NWSL just doesn't see the market as a place where it needs to be going forward), but it could stay around forever because it's run on a shoestring. If it's the latter, you'll have "good people" coming and going feeling "treated poorly" looking like HR has a turnstile.

My own opinion, LB is the canary in the coal mine. If he leaves without replacement, then the "nearing an end" can be taken seriously. So long as he remains in place, the canary is okay.
                                What you're forgetting is the Breakers are the worst team in the NWSL. The league will look to move the team if they can't fix their performance, never mind their lack of revenue.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X