X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Finally BTDT, got to the point!
    Do you have to have a kid on the team for there to be any interest in Wonen's College Soccer?

Comment

Game Day

Coverage on ESPNU for both games. Starts at 5PM.

Comment

Stanford

Record 22-1

Notable Wins
        UCLA
        USC
        Washington St
        Santa Clara

Key Loss
        Florida

Top Players
        3 Hermann Trophy Semifinalists (1Fr/1So)

Record Against Opponents

South Carolina 2-0
        Duke 8-1-1

Resume

Played in 7 of last 10 College Cups
        Champions in 2011
        20 consecutive NCAA invites

Notes: Clear favorite
        Great defense
        Balanced scoring
        Two goalies playing
        It comes down to McCaskill vs Sullivan. Two senior leaders surrounded by talented underclaasmen who want their college careers to end at the top.

Comment

Stanford 2 South Carolina 0 early in the second half. Cardinals dominating.

Comment

Stanford 2 South Carolina 0 early in the second half. Cardinals dominating.
            Stanford 2 South Carolina 0 Final

Cardinals coasted in the 2nd half, so should be rested for the final.

Comment

2 very different styles of play and recruited athletes between Duke and UCLA. interesting game.

Comment

Ucla clearly the better team, at least better to watch. Duke may get one on a counter but certainly not on possession

Comment

Ucla clearly the better team, at least better to watch. Duke may get one on a counter but certainly not on possession
                  Duke playing much better in second half

Comment

UCLA in PK's. All PAC12 final

Comment

UCLA in PK's. All PAC12 final
                      Girl from Bow, NH made her PK for Duke

Comment

Well at least now BTDT won't have to explain why he is bothering with TS and D3 soccer all day and night while his kid's team is in the D1 Final Four.

Comment

Not a fan of PK's. Though UCLA seemed to run out of gas, still deserved the win. I was struck by the difference in size between the two teams. UCLA's midfield and defense looked like Duke's younger sisters. Reminded me a bit of Japan, or South American women's teams I've seen play. Bodes well for US soccer that two skill-possession teams meeting in finals.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered
                            Not a fan of PK's. Though UCLA seemed to run out of gas, still deserved the win. I was struck by the difference in size between the two teams. UCLA's midfield and defense looked like Duke's younger sisters. Reminded me a bit of Japan, or South American women's teams I've seen play. Bodes well for US soccer that two skill-possession teams meeting in finals.
                            UCLA had size in the midfield and in the back. Look at the rosters. Much more skilled than Duke although I was very impressed with Duke’s counter and its goalie. We have heard about BH so much on this site, but EJP was good, too. Duke needs to learn how to take PKs.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered
                              Girl from Bow, NH made her PK for Duke
                              And first up. Good for her.

Comment

Well at least now BTDT won't have to explain why he is bothering with TS and D3 soccer all day and night while his kid's team is in the D1 Final Four.
                                Enough with the D3 love in this thread. Just saw a picture on Facebook that the Williams women made it through to the D3 finals (congratulations -awesome accomplishment ) but in the picture along with the post it looked like the game was played on a high school field with about 100 fans in the stands. That’s just light years s away from what the D1 College Cup has become.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X