X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Club DOCs make more than D1 coaches?
    Depends on a lot of factors. Head coach v. assistant at college level, some big differences. There is a pretty broad range of DOC salaries.

Many college coaches get the best of both worlds by having a club job and a college job. Clubs usually have lousy benefits but good salary for DOCs; colleges the opposite.

Comment

Depends on a lot of factors. Head coach v. assistant at college level, some big differences. There is a pretty broad range of DOC salaries.

Many college coaches get the best of both worlds by having a club job and a college job. Clubs usually have lousy benefits but good salary for DOCs; colleges the opposite.
      100-120k for a DOC and that’s not counting camps, ODP or any other aide stuff.
      You can see salaries on their tax returns. As a non profit these are public and can be found on guidestar.

Comment

...and club's / parents are happy to watch their 'famous coach' do absolutely nothing at the club they run! Just look at FC Portland! Boys DOC is never around. FACT!!

Comment

100-120k for a DOC and that’s not counting camps, ODP or any other aide stuff.
          You can see salaries on their tax returns. As a non profit these are public and can be found on guidestar.
          Last time we checked (guidestar and individual diligence) we found:

Below 100k:
          BSC, Eastside, FC, NEU, Washington Timbers, Westside

Above 100k:
          Crossfire, Lake O, PCU

Some clubs have anti-moonlighting provisions.

Comment

Below 100k:

Above 100k:
            Crossfire, Lake O, PCU

For that kind of money, I would expect my DOC to earn it by trolling this board all day while the kids are in school. They should put others down to make me feel better about the money I spend, even if my kid's development is occasionally less than I hope. I want to be reassured that others are worse. They should be extra aware of any compliments directed at kids from clubs that aren't mine. This will give me ammo when I stand at the water cooler and brag. They should also increase the club membership in order to justify their salary. This is best accomplished by making others feel bad about their club of choice. So far, so good. Mission accomplished.

Comment

For that kind of money, I would expect my DOC to earn it by trolling this board all day while the kids are in school. They should put others down to make me feel better about the money I spend, even if my kid's development is occasionally less than I hope. I want to be reassured that others are worse. They should be extra aware of any compliments directed at kids from clubs that aren't mine. This will give me ammo when I stand at the water cooler and brag. They should also increase the club membership in order to justify their salary. This is best accomplished by making others feel bad about their club of choice. So far, so good. Mission accomplished.
              Since you are so interested in how DOCs spend their time and how much money they make thought you could use some data.

Comment

After I finished chuckling to your post, I thought about it and how true it likely is. I've been to a few club offices for various reasons and either the DOC wasn't around or they had their feet up on their desk.

Comment

Below 100k:

Above 100k:
                  Crossfire, Lake O, PCU

BSC former DOC was over 100K
                  NEU & Eastside could never afford 100K given their demographics and size of club.

Wa timbers don’t even have a DOC.

Westside is close to the century mark for both a DOC and COO each.

THUSC was close to 100K with it’s former DOC

ADF & GPS financials are not public for some reason but they are both close to the century mark.

Comment

NEU & Eastside could never afford 100K given their demographics and size of club.

ADF & GPS financials are not public for some reason but they are both close to the century mark.
                    So you haven’t seen nor have any data regarding ADF, Westside or GPS financials but just figured you would assume and post online “century mark” in your split second of moronic wisdom? How do you know what NEU and Eastside are affording?
                    BSC.. show link to your data on what the DOC of this “non-profit” is making.

Comment

What about the other alliance clubs: Bend, Eugene, Rogue Valley?

Comment

Below 100k:

Above 100k:
                        Crossfire, Lake O, PCU

Washington Timbers can't even afford a DoC or Academy Director anymore. They're essentially bankrupt.

Comment

GPS is a for profit company - that's why they have to piggy back on other non-profit clubs to gain entry to OYSA.

Comment

So you haven’t seen nor have any data regarding ADF, Westside or GPS financials but just figured you would assume and post online “century mark” in your split second of moronic wisdom? How do you know what NEU and Eastside are affording?
                            BSC.. show link to your data on what the DOC of this “non-profit” is making.
                            GuideStar backs up WST figures & BSC online. You can do your own search on Guidestar-- you only need a password and email to get this general info.

GPS & ADF have nothing online in the 990's in the Guidestar platform.

Angry much?

Comment

GuideStar backs up WST figures & BSC online. You can do your own search on Guidestar-- you only need a password and email to get this general info.

GPS & ADF have nothing online in the 990's in the Guidestar platform.

Angry much?
                              GPS is a for-profit company, as someone pointed out; as such they are not required to disclose their financials publicly.

ADF is a non-profit, but much of the actual action is at the related for-profit training organization, Futeboltraining. I suspect Jo derives much of his income from the training business, and that ADF exists as a separate entity to meet OYSA requirements. I don't really have a problem with this, but we don't necessarily know his compensation.

Of course, that applies to many other coaches, many of whom have side gigs besides their club paycheck: working for high schools or other organizations, scouting, private training, etc.

Comment

Who really cares about the salaries at these clubs?
                                NEU, Washington Timbers,

Near 100k:
                                Eastside, FC 1 boys& 1 girls DOC (combined over 100K), Westside

Above 100k:
                                Crossfire, Lake O, PCU, BSC,

Some clubs have their double dibbing DOC's at Crossfire Oregon more payola.
                                BSC DOC $129K in 2016

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X