Odp?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Totally normal to be curious about the rosters.
    That curiosity naturally spans hierarchy of needs from self-interest "is my kid's safe", improvement "is team getting better", and community building "who's new and where are they from"

Comment

Not a fan of this ODP thing. I see some girls that made region 1 that are on the 04 club team but there are a handful of 04's playing with the 03 team that are much better. How does that happen? Are they really the best 04's? Just like any town team, but not as much, politics has something to do with it. PDP, for example had 50% of the 04 girls from one club at the first workout. Doesn't seem right.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        Not a fan of this ODP thing. I see some girls that made region 1 that are on the 04 club team but there are a handful of 04's playing with the 03 team that are much better. How does that happen? Are they really the best 04's? Just like any town team, but not as much, politics has something to do with it. PDP, for example had 50% of the 04 girls from one club at the first workout. Doesn't seem right.
        Can only pick from what shows up. Bigger issue is clubs actively attacking their players for participating and then making it next to impossible to do it by intentionally scheduling practices on the same days. Parents should look up and ask their clubs, if not ODP then what do they have that will take its place?

Comment

Totally normal to be curious about the rosters.
          That curiosity naturally spans hierarchy of needs from self-interest "is my kid's safe", improvement "is team getting better", and community building "who's new and where are they from"
          Yes, agree and that curiosity also includes does my daughter know people on the team, is there anyone from our town to carpool with, are any friends from her club team playing? Honestly, why do some people try to change something so innocent into something sinister? I'm sure their child has NEVER asked who is on the team.

Comment

Have 2006 boys been selected? We didn't get an email, yes or no. My understanding was that we should know by Dec 1...

Comment

Can only pick from what shows up. Bigger issue is clubs actively attacking their players for participating and then making it next to impossible to do it by intentionally scheduling practices on the same days. Parents should look up and ask their clubs, if not ODP then what do they have that will take its place?
              Yup. Clubs don't like ODP. It takes $ and control away from them.
              The reality is that there are multiple pyramids. Each is diluted, each has its' pros/cons, and each is only effective if you make it to the top.

Politics exists everywhere, but ODP tries very hard to eliminate external influences. As stated above, all share the fact that value increases as player climbs the ladder. Biggest difference between club and odp is that ODP wields sharpest sword. Clubs still want to keep you around as a payer/player.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
              Auto-Saved
              x
              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
              x
              Working...
              X