Talking-Soccer.com  

Go Back   Talking-Soccer.com > Soccer By Region / State > Region 4 > Oregon

Notices

Oregon Discussions about Oregon soccer.

Old 10-06-2017
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I don't see any of the Oregon schools going for any coach with a sub 500 record. I don't think any would go after a D2 coach unless they have proven themselves over a long time and can clearly make the jump to WCC or Pac 12. Portland is such an attractive city to live in and with UP being in the WCC and having the history it has, I think a good coach should be able to be obtained. Washington State didn't have trouble landing a good coach a couple of years ago and they are in Pullman. Portland should appeal to a broad number of coaches. Any chance they fire Smith before the end of the season?
NA....Smith is a lame duck coach.

I don't see a top level "winning" D1 coach wanting the Portland job. It's gonna have to be a top asst. at a top level program OR Hansen or a coach that has turned things around at a lower conference.

Oregon will have many suitors. They made a huge mistake in taking a retread average coach in Mertz. Oregon could steal a top D1 coach from another conference. How about Western Washington or Eastern Washington's coaches?
Old 10-06-2017
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
NA....Smith is a lame duck coach.

I don't see a top level "winning" D1 coach wanting the Portland job. It's gonna have to be a top asst. at a top level program OR Hansen or a coach that has turned things around at a lower conference.

Oregon will have many suitors. They made a huge mistake in taking a retread average coach in Mertz. Oregon could steal a top D1 coach from another conference. How about Western Washington or Eastern Washington's coaches?
Travis Connell
14 Seasons at D2
Record:
202-64-26 (.736)

He's a good candidate