Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Yes. You can play other sports, assuming 1) you have the time 2) you have the energy. Just about any HS sport is pretty time intensive and it's inevitable there will be conflicts when you also have 4 DA practices and a game each week, often with a lot of travel. DA expects you to make soccer your first priority. Chances are your HS coach expects you to make their sport your first priority (in fact many states and schools have that as a rule). So while it "can" be done it doesn't happen often. USSF could give a crap about multisport athletes
    When are DA players supposed to report back after the winter break for training practices? The Florida state highschool regional playoffs go through February 18 and the Final is February 29 for girls. Boys are a week behind and end in March.

Comment

When did Florida change from the Sunshine State to The Whiney State?

Wah Wah, my kid didnt make the ODP State team, Wah Wah my kid didnt get the National Call Up. Wah Wah, a DA kid took my kid's odp spot.

Wah, let's complain on an anonymous forum so I can feel better about myself and scold a Club that I know nothing about.

Bunch of babies down South. Rise up and remember this is just a sport we play for fun.

Comment

No kidding! We suck cause a
        kid on our DA left to play high school.
        Boo freaking hoo.... poor us...
        Cry babies.

Comment

That died fairly quickly for this board

Comment

No kidding! We suck cause a
            kid on our DA left to play high school.
            Boo freaking hoo.... poor us...
            Cry babies.
            One reason girls left to go play high school and will not return to their DA team is because the DA team sucks.

Comment

One reason girls left to go play high school and will not return to their DA team is because the DA team sucks.
              And imagine being upset that your kid lost a spot on high school team to a DA player who plays on a sucky DA team.

You hate to see it.

Comment

And imagine being upset that your kid lost a spot on high school team to a DA player who plays on a sucky DA team.

You hate to see it.
                If the player is better than your kid then too freaking bad. She's better, that's why the coach took her. What club she plays for doesn't matter. It's her issue if she decides to break the rules of her club/league but she's not breaking HS rules.

That said, plenty of DA players aren't that good. A patch on the sleeve doesn't guarantee anything

Comment

Your kid must not be very good so no one cares. Top players don't do ODP, it's a waste of time for them.
                  F wad - sorry to tell you but “top” players do not play in America. If your kid is good he plays in south America mexico or Europe. If he plays college soccer he is garbage. Tell your kid to hit the books and hope for lunch along the way.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                  Auto-Saved
                  x
                  Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                  x
                  Working...
                  X