Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Love our club. Yoga pants everywhere at the fields!
    I agree! Yoga pants are the best. The lululemon shorts look good when it's too hot for the yoga pants, however yoga pants are the best! SoCal and FLA have the best soccer moms!

Comment

It’s a shame that not one family is happy with their club....club owners be warned..
      I am happy with our club. We have quality coaches and the club cares about the teams. Teams are the right size and have good practices. We play a ton of games and fees are reasonable.

Comment

I'm happy with my club, even if it's not perfect and never will be. Older son's team has gotten better each year relative to the competition in the area and the broader state and it has not been from recruiting outside players. Rather, the roster has been 75% the same for 4 years with the 25% being kids from lower teams within the club who have improved and won spots. There is too much travel in Florida for soccer since we live in too large a state and with diluted leagues, but I can't blame the club on that.

Younger son's experience hasn't been as good, but I'm still hoping that in the coming years we see the same develop from within the club rather than outside recruiting. A player here and there is fine, but I like the focus to be on the existing members with organic growth from the younger academy ages on up.
        Could you please name your club. I'd really like to know cause this sounds like a good place to train and play.

Comment

Could you please name your club. I'd really like to know cause this sounds like a good place to train and play.
          GALL fc

Comment

I agree! Yoga pants are the best. The lululemon shorts look good when it's too hot for the yoga pants, however yoga pants are the best! SoCal and FLA have the best soccer moms!
            lol, I am in my late 30's, an older Dad I guess, and there are a lot of the mothers in their mid 20's- to early 30's rocking some yoga pants and hot sports bras to practice. Also, when we went to the Disney tournament, it was interesting to see almost all the hot mothers, which are most of them, wearing cheeky bikinis around the pool, my wife included. Suns out buns out. Only 5 or so years ago I don't think we have seen this, but I think we all have yoga pants to thank!

So yeah, my daughter is happy playing, the cost seems a little high, we cancel practice too much and the travel to games is a pain, but there are some good aspects.

Comment

You may want to get with your accountant about this. It should not be tax deductible. If it's a 501c3 non-profit, donations made to it (that do not benefit a specific individual, like your child, but rather benefit the collective) will be tax deductible, But payment for services do not become tax deductible because said services were done by a non-for-profit corporation.
              Is it the same circumstance when Ruah club dues are listed as donations on their tax form?

Comment

lol, I am in my late 30's, an older Dad I guess, and there are a lot of the mothers in their mid 20's- to early 30's rocking some yoga pants and hot sports bras to practice. Also, when we went to the Disney tournament, it was interesting to see almost all the hot mothers, which are most of them, wearing cheeky bikinis around the pool, my wife included. Suns out buns out. Only 5 or so years ago I don't think we have seen this, but I think we all have yoga pants to thank!

So yeah, my daughter is happy playing, the cost seems a little high, we cancel practice too much and the travel to games is a pain, but there are some good aspects.
                Most clubs in FL cancel too much. We moved from a much tougher climate, and we played in the heat, cold, rain and snow. The fees are about the same, however a good portion of our prior fee went towards the club turf rental, which we don't have here in FL. I am guess the FL clubs make more money since they are not paying as much in field costs.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                Auto-Saved
                x
                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                x
                Working...
                X