Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    The thing that you need to look at is that the SHU team must all be happy or they would be transferring and/or quitting which they aren’t. The team did very well making the conference tournament finishing 4th in the league. They have a very good 2020 class coming in and I’m sure a bunch came from those ID clinics. Smaller schools need to find players from their clinics.
    Funny you say that. I was just about to ask if any of their players are on the transfer portal. That Big Soccer website has an entire thread about the transfer portal and talks about a number of bigger schools that have upwards of 8 kids on the portal.

Comment

Very different team than the one you saw last spring. Incoming freshman class played the majority of minutes in the fall and they finished third in conference. Program is definitely on the upswing.
      OP here (I made the sniff comment) and I'm none of the above but my kid does know/has played with some on the roster and I stand by my statement that they couldn't even sniff another D1 program.
      That being said, I was referring to some of the former coaches recruits. Several of the incoming Freshman are and played outstanding! I noticed A bunch made All-Conference & All-Rookie, kudos!!! And yes I agree the program is on an upswing, once they filter out former coaches bad choices.

Comment

Do you think that maybe they came to her games after seeing her in one of their clinics? They rarely randomly show up at games.
        Nope. Nada. No way. Unless you go by your stupid parent theory.

Comment

There was clear indication some kids made an impact on the field and coaches noticed those players. Obviously those are the impact players they will go after. If you get a fist bump and a quick hey we have an iD next month that you should come to ..don’t let the door hit you on the way out.

Not rocket science folks

Comment

College ID clinics are the best bang for the buck.

Comment

Do you think that maybe they came to her games after seeing her in one of their clinics? They rarely randomly show up at games.
              Well no, because the schools she got offers from weren't schools she did clinics with.... The clinics are mostly a way for the coaches to supplement their salaries.

Comment

College ID clinics are the best bang for the buck.
                18 on the roster in Florida showcase. Play 40 minutes a game. Play 3 games. 120 minutes. $1500 for 3 flight, hotel, rental car, food and entertainment. Lots of coaches on sideline. A couple who had actually been contacted prior.

4 hour college specific ID camp. Seen by entire college team staff in multiple scrimmages and small-sided games over the course of hours. 40 field players. $150 plus gas to travel and food, $200 total.

We can do seven college ID camps for the cost of one showcase. Already told the coach we’re not bothering with Phoenix... better return with the ID camps.

Comment

18 on the roster in Florida showcase. Play 40 minutes a game. Play 3 games. 120 minutes. $1500 for 3 flight, hotel, rental car, food and entertainment. Lots of coaches on sideline. A couple who had actually been contacted prior.

4 hour college specific ID camp. Seen by entire college team staff in multiple scrimmages and small-sided games over the course of hours. 40 field players. $150 plus gas to travel and food, $200 total.

We can do seven college ID camps for the cost of one showcase. Already told the coach we’re not bothering with Phoenix... better return with the ID camps.
                  Haha... What dream world is this from? You have a zero chance... 0%

Stupid stupid stupid parents.

Comment

Good luck with that. Great message you are sending the coach - yeah we can't be bothered with team events. Target wrong- and I guarantee you will be off on some of those - and it's an utter waste of time. You're also basing your financial analysis on events you can drive to. Plenty of players are interested in programs requiring flights, which instantly crushes your break even numbers.

Comment

I'll take close to 100 coaches seeing my kid play over a measly 7 ID camps.

What you''re not considering is that at the showcases you are playing against high level talent from around the country. ID camps are open to ANYONE between 8th and 12th grade. So if you stand out at an ID camp filled with players who will never sniff a D1 school, is it really beneficial?

Comment

Well no, because the schools she got offers from weren't schools she did clinics with.... The clinics are mostly a way for the coaches to supplement their salaries.
                        exactly. cattle call at $ 75 bucks times 80 kids equals pay for underlings

Comment

I'll take close to 100 coaches seeing my kid play over a measly 7 ID camps.

What you''re not considering is that at the showcases you are playing against high level talent from around the country. ID camps are open to ANYONE between 8th and 12th grade. So if you stand out at an ID camp filled with players who will never sniff a D1 school, is it really beneficial?
                          100 coaches LOL. Yeah sure bubski. Maybe 6 at a game watching the stud on your field. Not your kid. This is the problem around these parts. Stupid parents

Comment

100 coaches LOL. Yeah sure bubski. Maybe 6 at a game watching the stud on your field. Not your kid. This is the problem around these parts. Stupid parents
                            One of the best things about showcases is you see who shows up to watch your kid play and if it generates any interest. If your kid contacts 20 coaches and only 2 show up or all you get is a few generic ID invites? Time to re-set the targets. If she contacts 20, 12 show up, 6 express interest? You know you're aiming right. Yes you will probably still have to go to ID events at those schools BUT you go in on their top recruit list, will be put with other top recruits and the coaches will be watching you more closely than the other group(s).

Unless you're a true stud, the process requires time and $ to get to the final goal. You've already spent thousands each year so why cheap out now over a showcase?

Comment

You are only looking at cost. You have to weigh the ROI.

Comment

Lots of parents agreeing with Angry Dad. Where you at stupid parent? I guess all these parents have daughters that hate them also. HaHa!

BTW: Did you send me that check yet?

Love
                                AD

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X