Talking-Soccer.com  

Go Back   Talking-Soccer.com > Soccer By Region / State > Region 1 > Connecticut

Notices

Connecticut Discussions about Connecticut soccer.

Old 04-23-2018
Unregistered

we pay 2K at a boutique club and I think that's even highway robbery. 3K, good God.
Old 04-23-2018
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
we pay 2K at a boutique club and I think that's even highway robbery. 3K, good God.
3k plus more if you're A or B team.
Old 04-23-2018
Unregistered

Let's face it, FSA does not square up well with CFC or OW. In fact, FSA loses to more local competition (Sporting). They do have nice facilities, but that's all they have.
Old 04-23-2018
Unregistered

Its not worth the 3k at u11 or u12, especially not with the coaches FSA has... find a small club with a good coach who cares about developing all players, small roster size... Trust me, you will be better off. The FSA philosophy is all about increasing profits, having 4 teams per age group, win at all costs, they don't care about development, center their focus on the top half of the roster, I could go on and on... Save yourself the money and the headache
Old 04-23-2018
Unregistered

Quote:
Its not worth the 3k at u11 or u12, especially not with the coaches FSA has... find a small club with a good coach who cares about developing all players, small roster size... Trust me, you will be better off. The FSA philosophy is all about increasing profits, having 4 teams per age group, win at all costs, they don't care about development, center their focus on the top half of the roster, I could go on and on... Save yourself the money and the headache
True for that age at any mega club. Find local good coaching and see where your player is a year+ from now. Your best training options may not have a big name
Old 04-23-2018
Unregistered

Quote:
Will be closer to $3500 for next year plus for the older team you may have to book non-refundable flights for tournaments that they opt out of the day before.
If that is true then basically they are running another side business on the side. By booking all those flights in advance they can rack up serious points. They are essentially a travel agency. Smart business people they are! Customers have a choice to walk but very few do.
Old 04-23-2018
Unregistered

Quote:
If that is true then basically they are running another side business on the side. By booking all those flights in advance they can rack up serious points. They are essentially a travel agency. Smart business people they are! Customers have a choice to walk but very few do.
CFCU is too far. OW is too d'bagy.
Old 04-23-2018
Unregistered

Quote:
you are actually on your own for flights, but many people mistakenly took the cheapest flights (this is a very expensive week to fly to FL) and got non-refundable flights assuming that we would actually play in one of the biggest showcases that they said we would be in.
Old 04-23-2018
Unregistered

Quote:
Very few do indeed. Pack mentality and keeping up with the Joneses factor in.
Old 04-23-2018
Unregistered

Quote:
You obviously don't have a clue, FSA has the best coach in the state for the u12 girls. Worth every penny.