Talking-Soccer.com  

Go Back   Talking-Soccer.com > Soccer By Region / State > Region 4 > Oregon

Notices

Oregon Discussions about Oregon soccer.

Old 04-21-2018
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
The 00ís were terrible back when they were a good team. Maybe a different coach? Or did the families with attitude end up on the 01 team? Either way the question is why would you stay with a club that only cares about one team?
Same coach! Iím thinking maybe all the losses this past year has caught their egos. They wonít be as strong moving forward either I hear their losing three of the best players. Might be best to throw in the towel but obviously the club needs money so who knows.
Old 04-22-2018
Unregistered

Quote:
Must have thought they were playing WA State Cup where they count up to 10 GD per game.
They wouldnít get out of bracket this year in WSYSA State Cup. Itís why they are doing OYSA
Old 04-22-2018
Unregistered

Quote:
This isn't U9. These are big girls. If they can't handle getting taken to the woodshed maybe they should try some other sport - like crochet.
This is not a surprise. Outdated 1980ís DOC with no class. His expectations are that everyone bend for him but he doesnít have to bend for anyone.
Old 04-22-2018
Unregistered

Quote:
Same coach! Iím thinking maybe all the losses this past year has caught their egos. They wonít be as strong moving forward either I hear their losing three of the best players. Might be best to throw in the towel but obviously the club needs money so who knows.
No one leaves because thereís really nowhere else to go in the Salem area.
Old 04-22-2018
Unregistered

Quote:
They do too! And they are and that's all I will say
Old 04-22-2018
Unregistered

Quote:
Yes they do. They just quit playing soccer. Not like they were ever any good at it anyway.
Old 04-22-2018
Unregistered

Quote:
Some clubs put their top teams (or their B teams, if their top team is in DA, ECNL, or some other such platform) in OYSA Premier and State Cup, ready or not.

If you're consistently being beaten 3-0 or 4-1, playing up against rougher competition can be a learning experience--you can see the path from where you are to where the other team is.

If you lose a soccer game by 2 touchdowns, the only think you learn from that is that you're in the wrong league.

Portland-area teams that do that tend to have problems recruiting. CFC has far less competition locally--there's 4H, but that's pretty much it, and the kids with MAGA hats (or parents with MAGA hats) won't want to play for that team for obvious reasons--so they can get away with a "don't let the door hit ya" policy when it comes to league placement.
In soccer you score goals not touchdowns.
Old 04-22-2018
Unregistered

Quote:
Are you saying CFC 00 ďWonít be as strong moving forward...Ē? I donít understand. They arenít strong now. Didnít they just get beat 14-0?
Old 04-22-2018
Unregistered

Quote:
Are you saying CFC 00 ďWonít be as strong moving forward...Ē? I donít understand. They arenít strong now. Didnít they just get beat 14-0?
What I meant to say was they are going from a 14-0 team to a 30-0 team. A few on that team are talented and will find their way the right way, by leaving. That is all
Old 04-22-2018
Unregistered

Quote:
What I meant to say was they are going from a 14-0 team to a 30-0 team. A few on that team are talented and will find their way the right way, by leaving. That is all
Makes sense. There are many players in Bend, Medford & Eugene in the same boat.