Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LM Scooped Again: US YOUTH SOCCER ANNOUNCES NEW LEAGUES STRUCTURE - THE US YOUTH SOCC

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wonder if it will follow the current single season winter/spring format that ERL uses or if it will go to separate fall/spring seasons.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Maybe that's why they made the article long and confusing - to hide the point :)
      NYCSL - Npl has teams from NJ, CT and NY.

Nycsl metro and lower has NY and CT teams

Comment

In short USYSA realized that it's Regions weren't cost effective or competitive so they outsourced the job to EDP.

And it has the bonus of snaking a whole bunch of registrations and tournaments from US Club.

Comment

I hope that EDP fixes it's ref assignments as part of this deal. That's the one part of EDP that has always been clunky.

Comment

Does that mean playing in EDP will use USYSA passes instead of US Club?

Comment

Does that mean playing in EDP will use USYSA passes instead of US Club?
              Yes they will use USYSA passes

Comment

More quality clubs going to EDP National Conference - Kk Atletico, Surf, Lake Grove......etc...

https://www.edpsoccer.com/usyouthsoc...committedclubs

Comment

LM Scooped Again: US YOUTH SOCCER ANNOUNCES NEW LEAGUES STRUCTURE - THE US YOUTH SOC

Funny- posted that KK is no longer relevant and are in complete free fall yet Larry Miller would not post it. Maybe he should just take a look at the standings the club is a messs and with Susa getting ecnl they will have no choice but to either merge or just fold

Comment

Funny- posted that KK is no longer relevant and are in complete free fall yet Larry Miller would not post it. Maybe he should just take a look at the standings the club is a messs and with Susa getting ecnl they will have no choice but to either merge or just fold

KK can compete on boys side still....girls will be an uphill battle

Comment

LM Scooped Again: US YOUTH SOCCER ANNOUNCES NEW LEAGUES STRUCTURE - THE US YOUTH SOC

barely holding on for the boys also- just check standings- if they don't partner up with someone they are done

Comment

I disagree. We don’t play for Athletico but I don’t see them going anywhere. They’ve been around forever and have produced some good players

Comment

I disagree. We don’t play for Athletico but I don’t see them going anywhere. They’ve been around forever and have produced some good players
                          Sadly, I disagree. The girls program has only been around 5-6 years, the boys a little longer and the Suffolk landscape has changed dramatically in the last few years. A couple years ago, it was basically a ton of town clubs and a few small boutique clubs...corralling talent was like shooting fish in a barrel! Now you have Susa gobbling up all the little guys (and now has an ECNL carrot to dangle) and Barca who has come out of the gate very strong (and offers some cool affiliated experiences).

I think Kurt's an outstanding trainer, but an absolutely horrendous businessman. He didn't "get screwed" in the last couple years, he makes terrible decisions. It also doesn't help that he has a reputation for dumping his teams (at least on the girls side) once they hit a certain age (13/14) and has a non existent college placement record. I have nothing against the guy, I'm just speaking candidly.

Comment

Another clueless parent. Let’s see girls ECNL is like 5 age groups .... 18 per team.
                            How many girls playing youth soccer on the Island. Yeah Everyone should shut operations.
                            All SUSA is gonna do is mostly promote the NPL teams to ECNL. Then the NPL gets weaker
                            Same cycle which Alby and EM do.
                            It’s a good thing for the Suffolk parents who were commuting to Nassau for ECNL.

Comment

Another clueless parent. Let’s see girls ECNL is like 5 age groups .... 18 per team.
                              How many girls playing youth soccer on the Island. Yeah Everyone should shut operations.
                              All SUSA is gonna do is mostly promote the NPL teams to ECNL. Then the NPL gets weaker
                              It’s a good thing for the Suffolk parents who were commuting to Nassau for ECNL.
                              ECNL is U13-U18 (6 age groups) with "Pre-ECNL" starting at U12, so really more like 7. With all due respect, as a club the Susa NPL teams are significantly stronger than the Alby or EM teams are or ever were. Most (not all) Susa NPL teams are playing in top flights in top tournaments that EM NPL teams aren't even getting accepted to, winning their conference and doing well in the NPL National tournament. And the Alby NPL teams were very weak last year, I can only imagine how much worse they have gotten since the introduction of GDA.

Bottom line is GDA has indeed shifted things on the girls side. Does that mean every team that isn't GDA or ECNL should close up shop? Of course not. It just means that it now becomes that much harder for kids who don't play in those leagues, to get in front of college coaches. It used to be if you were a good player on a mid-level or above Region 1, NPL or EDP team, you had a decent shot at getting recruited. Now it's going to take a little more...have to be on a top team in one of those leagues, attend more college ID camps and hopefully have something else that identifies you as a "better" player I.E.-NTC participation, Regional ODP, ID2 or even high level HS accolades like All State or League/conference MVP or something.

Comment

It's no secret that the top players from KK's (former) top team left for ECNL. Having an ECNL club 15 minutes away as opposed to 55 minutes, makes it a heck of a lot more appealing. Let's not forget the St. Anthony's coaches also work for Susa. I think it's gonna be a little more than just promoting NPL teams.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X