X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    This is a real problem.
    Why? Look around and honest. Do we honestly think ANY of the local DOC's have any particular interest in helping the NT develop players? I wouldn't trust JD or FM (the two ECNL guys) with your kid, never mind one that I actually cared about.

Comment

Why? Look around and honest. Do we honestly think ANY of the local DOC's have any particular interest in helping the NT develop players? I wouldn't trust JD or FM (the two ECNL guys) with your kid, never mind one that I actually cared about.
      So what is the solution? Eliminate clubs from the process?

Comment

You trust the USSF?

Comment

people talk trust. trust to do what? Im not asking them to tell my kid what schools to go to. I know the game. Im not trusting them to train without me asking questions. Im not trusting them to tell me anything about how my kid is developing, I can see that for myself.

All i want form any coach is a good training environment then its on the kids to make the most of it.

I would not trust them to be honest about much.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered
            Then don't have your kid join their club, and stick with BBA. I wouldn't put those two coaches in the same category either, but it is up to the parents and kids to decide what works for them. Even FM trained the Mewis sisters, and JD has a pretty good record of developing players. You have drunk someone's Kool-aide, and I can tell you that not all families have even in your own club.

Comment

So what is the solution? Eliminate clubs from the process?
              I agree with the other poster that I'm not sure I trust USSF to get it right, but clubs also have too heavy a hand in the process. Some can't provide the level of training necessary, some have their own agendas to push certain players.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered
                I agree with the other poster that I'm not sure I trust USSF to get it right, but clubs also have too heavy a hand in the process. Some can't provide the level of training necessary, some have their own agendas to push certain players.
                I have seen strong players at every club, and they get noticed.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                Auto-Saved
                x
                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                x
                Working...
                X