Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Congratulations to the Final 4

Coral Estates v. Key Biscayne
    Doral v. Real Miami

You mean...

Coral Estates vs. Key Biscayne
    Doral vs. Ives Estates

Comment

You are absolutely correct. That will teach me to try and post something positive on here.

Comment

Predictions Time

Miramar vs Chargers
        Coral Estates vs Real Miami

Weston Black vs Plant City
        Doral vs Boynton Beach

Ives vs Braden River
        GPS Ft Myers vs. TBU ECNL

Armada vs Team Boca
        Rush vs Key Biscayne

Chargers / Real Miami
        Plant City / Doral
        Ives / GPS
        Boca / Rush

Chargers / Doral
        Ives/ Rush

Chargers
        Ives

Chargers win it all

Crickets...

Comment

Crickets...
          Crickets, what crickets? It's not always the most talented team the wins these type of tournaments, just ask Barcelona. They dominated the game for the most part and could not find the back of the net. Just one of those soccer days, is all.

Comment

Crickets, what crickets? It's not always the most talented team the wins these type of tournaments, just ask Barcelona. They dominated the game for the most part and could not find the back of the net. Just one of those soccer days, is all.
            ahahahahahahahahahahaha

Excuse machine in full force

Comment

That is been the story of this team’s life all year

Comment

I give you that last part of your post. However, for you to say CC is the most talented team, is quite absurb. I guess we will never know.

Comment

What you saying ? Surley your not putting yourself in the same class as Professional Soccer ? You lost to your 2nd CDL team for heavens sake.LOL

Comment

Anyone know if the kid taken to the hospital on field 4 is okay

Comment

That is been the story of this team’s life all year
                      Chargers are a microcosm of the overall problem with the US Soccer mindset.

Teaching a possession based game is great in concept. Yes, certainly it's smarter and easier to move the ball quickly before you are under pressure. This is the right way to play at the higher levels, but if you think it through, it actually builds less overall skill at the younger levels. Our kids don't really learn to be strong on the ball. They don't really learn creativity. They learn to get rid of the ball before they are under pressure.

Yay, we had possession 85% of the time. Yay, we let the ball do the work. Yay, we are playing like Barcelona. But eventually you gotta have someone with a spark of creativity to consistently put the ball in the net. Unfortunately, we are crushing those creative souls early and often with our robotic soccer style of training.

Comment

Teaching a possession based game is great in concept. Yes, certainly it's smarter and easier to move the ball quickly before you are under pressure. This is the right way to play at the higher levels, but if you think it through, it actually builds less overall skill at the younger levels. Our kids don't really learn to be strong on the ball. They don't really learn creativity. They learn to get rid of the ball before they are under pressure.

Yay, we had possession 85% of the time. Yay, we let the ball do the work. Yay, we are playing like Barcelona. But eventually you gotta have someone with a spark of creativity to consistently put the ball in the net. Unfortunately, we are crushing those creative souls early and often with our robotic soccer style of training.

^^^well said

Comment

Spot on..

Comment

Thank you for these comments. Very interesting to me and a perspective I had not thought of. My son plays on an 2003 team that lost in final8. His team is taught possession, creating space, and getting rid of the ball quickly. I love watching it (when they can do it) and have always appreciated it as the best way to play soccer. I didn't play soccer myself and it did not occur to me that style could actually build less skill in a young player. I have realized it stifles creativity and have certainly appreciated you need players up top strong on the ball who can finish. So what is the compromise that teaches ball movement and team speed of play at same time as encouraging strong on the ball skills & creativity? It would be great if the post above could be the norm on this forum. Sincere opinions & that is, from people who are knowledgeable. Does not mean everyone agrees. Thought provoking is good.

Comment

Thank you for these comments. Very interesting to me and a perspective I had not thought of. My son plays on an 2003 team that lost in final8. His team is taught possession, creating space, and getting rid of the ball quickly. I love watching it (when they can do it) and have always appreciated it as the best way to play soccer. I didn't play soccer myself and it did not occur to me that style could actually build less skill in a young player. I have realized it stifles creativity and have certainly appreciated you need players up top strong on the ball who can finish. So what is the compromise that teaches ball movement and team speed of play at same time as encouraging strong on the ball skills & creativity? It would be great if the post above could be the norm on this forum. Sincere opinions & that is, from people who are knowledgeable. Does not mean everyone agrees. Thought provoking is good.
                              Meant to write "Sincere opinions that is,"

Comment

Well the difference is Barcelona can change their stye of play a hundred times over.DA are Robots, hence at the very very Best they might make MLS but wouldn't be even looked at by other Countries.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X