Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Assuming the mass of talent that knows no nt service is in their cards decided that the ecnl is a preferable situation, what is best for a top talent. Gda with roster fillers to train and compete with or ecnl with the vast middle to train and compete with?
    Every player in DA wants to be in the NT? what a distort way of seeing things. Perhaps but just perhaps, some players like that environment and it suits them better. We like the coach, team, environment, league, and we will stay in DA. Very hard to tell what is the best for top talent as it is very diluted now.

Comment

Every player in DA wants to be in the NT? what a distort way of seeing things. Perhaps but just perhaps, some players like that environment and it suits them better. We like the coach, team, environment, league, and we will stay in DA. Very hard to tell what is the best for top talent as it is very diluted now.
      100 pct. in reality i dont know anyone who made the decision based on NT prospects. People acct like we all have this blank canvas and can choose any option. Most do not. its proximity

Comment

But the DA doesn't want you really if you aren't a NT prospect. They want you because they realize it doesn't work without someone to pay the bills.

In the end, it does boil down to what specific options exist for your age group and geography. If you are happy with your local GDA environment, then great. Just don't expect much from it outside of that when you play other teams or travel. Some GDA coaches may be good, some are not good at all (and were former ECNL coaches just doing the same thing over). In other words, nothing is different.

Comment

Only the teams that had DA and ECNL this year. Here is the "coincidence": the same clubs that belong to ECNL board directors who made all other clubs choose either DA or ECNL last year.
          Shame on other ECNL clubs and parents to allow this.
          I heard that a lot ecnl clubs are eager to replace the ones leaving DA as they are tired of the top ecnl execs calling all the shots. USSF can replace them wisely and ECNL will suffer. No one in perfect mind wants the "super clubs" with 2 teams in each group.

Comment

But the DA doesn't want you really if you aren't a NT prospect. They want you because they realize it doesn't work without someone to pay the bills.

In the end, it does boil down to what specific options exist for your age group and geography. If you are happy with your local GDA environment, then great. Just don't expect much from it outside of that when you play other teams or travel. Some GDA coaches may be good, some are not good at all (and were former ECNL coaches just doing the same thing over). In other words, nothing is different.
            when you make this statement, what is your basis ?has your kid played in both? Have you experienced both at other Clubs? I can tell you that ECNL last year vs GDA this year is subtle but very meaningful differences. the number of practices, structure of those practices, coaching set up and focus of the players is different. I can attest to it, but I beleive that continuity and no HS will allow coaches to build on every year without the usual HS reconditioning required.

Not for everyone because I dont know how its done else where and can only assume from reading here its not the same everywhere.

Comment

when you make this statement, what is your basis ?has your kid played in both? Have you experienced both at other Clubs? I can tell you that ECNL last year vs GDA this year is subtle but very meaningful differences. the number of practices, structure of those practices, coaching set up and focus of the players is different. I can attest to it, but I beleive that continuity and no HS will allow coaches to build on every year without the usual HS reconditioning required.

Not for everyone because I dont know how its done else where and can only assume from reading here its not the same everywhere.
              Your experience may be different than others at other GDA clubs...that also is a problem. With USSF structuring this, there should be more consistency in the experience.

Comment

Yes, in a club that added GDA to already being in the ECNL. Nothing much changed. GDA has not been anything different experience-wise. I understand others may have another perspective if they have a great environment that was better than what they had before.

Comment

Your experience may be different than others at other GDA clubs...that also is a problem. With USSF structuring this, there should be more consistency in the experience.
                  Absolutely - it's individually based as well as team and club based. Some teams were just terrible this year. Yes ECNL has terrible teams also, but ECNL wasn't promising soccer paradise either. There's a great deal of time and money and other sacrifices - to some the league and-or their clubs didn't meet expectations.

Comment

'
                    And look a thee uproar about trying to standardize qualifications. Coaches will always add their flavor to coaching. cannot make it the same. The consistency has to come from common goals and thats where it falls down.

Slightly off topic, but htta goals should be to create better players form better environments.

last year once the clubs going to the GDA started to surface, one of the ECNL board members was very vociferous about banning certain coaches from coaching kids on gameday in the ECNL. he ranted on in meetings about how it was unfair. Eventually said coaches were banned and no allowed to travel to ECNL events to be on the sidelines with kids they had coached for the year. The ECNL went as far as making said clubs put statements on their websites about the role said coaches no longer played. Remember , GDA had not even started

Now I ask you was this a guy who actually thought about the impact on kids who may be in the middle of recruiting? did he care what was best for the kids? no. all he wanted to do was put a rival at a disadvantage. Not even a direct rival.

Its sad the lengths that youth soccer fol;ks will go without any thought for how it impacts those it supposed to help, the kids. In reality its set up to help the business owners and thats about it.

Comment

Yes, in a club that added GDA to already being in the ECNL. Nothing much changed. GDA has not been anything different experience-wise. I understand others may have another perspective if they have a great environment that was better than what they had before.
                      not really perspective though. just experience. you are making blanket statements with nothing to really back it up but your own experience. the league has/had almost 70 clubs.

Comment

'
                        And look a thee uproar about trying to standardize qualifications. Coaches will always add their flavor to coaching. cannot make it the same. The consistency has to come from common goals and thats where it falls down.

Slightly off topic, but htta goals should be to create better players form better environments.

last year once the clubs going to the GDA started to surface, one of the ECNL board members was very vociferous about banning certain coaches from coaching kids on gameday in the ECNL. he ranted on in meetings about how it was unfair. Eventually said coaches were banned and no allowed to travel to ECNL events to be on the sidelines with kids they had coached for the year. The ECNL went as far as making said clubs put statements on their websites about the role said coaches no longer played. Remember , GDA had not even started

Now I ask you was this a guy who actually thought about the impact on kids who may be in the middle of recruiting? did he care what was best for the kids? no. all he wanted to do was put a rival at a disadvantage. Not even a direct rival.

Its sad the lengths that youth soccer fol;ks will go without any thought for how it impacts those it supposed to help, the kids. In reality its set up to help the business owners and thats about it.
                        We are not all a bunch of stupid rubes. It's not like we love or care about the ecnl or the gda. They bicker and squabble and bicker and squabble and there is nothing we can do about it. We just look around, join a team and play.

Comment

Absolutely - it's individually based as well as team and club based. Some teams were just terrible this year. Yes ECNL has terrible teams also, but ECNL wasn't promising soccer paradise either. There's a great deal of time and money and other sacrifices - to some the league and-or their clubs didn't meet expectations.
                          actually the ECNL is promising that. every bit as much as the GDA, if not more so.

Comment

We are not all a bunch of stupid rubes. It's not like we love or care about the ecnl or the gda. They bicker and squabble and bicker and squabble and there is nothing we can do about it. We just look around, join a team and play.
                            I read the posts here, i think there are clearly people who do. they talk ECNL or GDA and leave the Club or coach aside. they act like the leagues influence the whole thing.

Comment

I read the posts here, i think there are clearly people who do. they talk ECNL or GDA and leave the Club or coach aside. they act like the leagues influence the whole thing.
                              The ones posting that aggressively probably derive income from a club in one league or the other.

Comment

I heard that a lot ecnl clubs are eager to replace the ones leaving DA as they are tired of the top ecnl execs calling all the shots. USSF can replace them wisely and ECNL will suffer. No one in perfect mind wants the "super clubs" with 2 teams in each group.
                                DA is now free to cherry-pick the ECNL clubs it chooses.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X