X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2242405]
    Originally posted by Unregistered View Post

Yes, but the USSF is the one who is making standings important by publishing them and having playoffs. It the GDA were offered as USSF franchises, then who cares. But, as private enterprises, no club wants to be in the bottom half of the standings and have that associated with the rest of the club. It reflects poorly on their ability to "develop" players.

You guys want clubs to just be altruistic -- the only way to do that is to establish a pay model that isn't tied to performance.
    It also wont' come if clubs don't make a satisfactory profit. They're businesses, even the so called non profits. Even some MLS clubs don't want to be in DA because it costs them a great deal of money and they get very little from it, save the occasional home grown who may or may not have a successful pro career 4 years from now.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2242405]

Yes, but the USSF is the one who is making standings important by publishing them and having playoffs. It the GDA were offered as USSF franchises, then who cares. But, as private enterprises, no club wants to be in the bottom half of the standings and have that associated with the rest of the club. It reflects poorly on their ability to "develop" players.

You guys want clubs to just be altruistic -- the only way to do that is to establish a pay model that isn't tied to performance.
      I dont agree but thats ok. i all comes down to HOW you want to build a reputation for success. Is it from winning games or is it from developing better players who then have the tools to win games?

I have watched both my kids go thru this and in my opinion NONE of these Clubs change character. The tone is set by the DoC and the coaches. The ECNL or the GDA dont change that.

Comment

Your nose is growing, and I disagree with everything you wrote. It's almost like reading a scripted response. All of your statements can be proven inaccurate.

maybe , may not be, but please tell me how that impacts you? it has zero relevance in my kids soccer development. Playing 80 mins vs some random team at a showcase is not development. Busting your tail in practice 4x per week is more likely to yield improvements than doing the same 3x per week. Thats where it begins and ends for me.

The USSF have no impact at all on the effort my kid can put in or the focus she can bring to a practice. The USSF are not influencing the sessions or the coaches doing them at our Club. Sub rules, no HS etc are not impacting her ability to train hard either.

Everyones goals are different

Comment

Your nose is growing, and I disagree with everything you wrote. It's almost like reading a scripted response. All of your statements can be proven inaccurate.
          Seriously? You question the validity of hard work and having talent in all of this? You seem to be exclusively about being in some mythical right place instead of paying the price. If anyone is scripted it would seem to be you. Which club are you hawking?

Comment

Seriously? You question the validity of hard work and having talent in all of this? You seem to be exclusively about being in some mythical right place instead of paying the price. If anyone is scripted it would seem to be you. Which club are you hawking?
            Please, that post has nefc/bba coach/admin/doc written all over it.

Comment

I question you. You are totally league driven. You do not know other people's situations. There are many hard working players across all leagues. You're unoriginal and throwing back my words to me is rather lame. You sound like a little baby playing in a sandbox. I don't put down any league. That's the difference.

I don't think DA added any value to the girls' game.

Comment

I question you. You are totally league driven. You do not know other people's situations. There are many hard working players across all leagues. You're unoriginal and throwing back my words to me is rather lame. You sound like a little baby playing in a sandbox. I don't put down any league. That's the difference.

and for the record, this it 2 people. I wrote the original that the other guy to exception to. I have nothing to do with nefc/bba coach/admin/doc .

my kid played in the ECNL and the GDA. neither league had and significance when compared to what she put in daily. Played on serial winners and teams that struggled to be .500 . Same applied. Played and practiced with NT players and U10s. Same thing.

If you dont agree, thats fine, but I dot see how that has anything to do with nefc or bba or stars

Comment

League does matter. You had a choice on where to play. If BBA, the club chose a DA path over ECNL. If you moved to DA because the club did, that's fine, but you had a choice of NPL. You chose DA why?

and for the record, this it 2 people. I wrote the original that the other guy to exception to. I have nothing to do with nefc/bba coach/admin/doc .

my kid played in the ECNL and the GDA. neither league had and significance when compared to what she put in daily. Played on serial winners and teams that struggled to be .500 . Same applied. Played and practiced with NT players and U10s. Same thing.

If you dont agree, thats fine, but I dot see how that has anything to do with nefc or bba or stars

Comment

Just for the record. I wrote that post that you are responding to. My daughter is playing in college now and was not in either the GDA or ECNL. When she was in youth soccer she was on an NPL team. The league she was in made no actual difference where she ended up nor quite frankly did the quality of the team she played for. She barely trained with it to tell you the truth because she was generally off training with other groups in other environments. What did matter was the amount of talent that she has and the amount of work that she was willing to put in in order to maximize that talent.

Comment

Just for the record. I wrote that post that you are responding to. My daughter is playing in college now and was not in either the GDA or ECNL. When she was in youth soccer she was on an NPL team. The league she was in made no actual difference where she ended up nor quite frankly did the quality of the team she played for. She barely trained with it to tell you the truth because she was generally off training with other groups in other environments. What did matter was the amount of talent that she has and the amount of work that she was willing to put in in order to maximize that talent.
                      You and I agree. My daughter was already committed to a great school. the point at which I knew she wanted to devote time to getting better at the game was when she decided to quit HS and use that time to work on fitness and individual stuff she could not do in HS. Much better payer now. GDA was a no brainer given that she does not play HS and the club coach is supporter and really good at what he does.

Comment

I completely misunderstood your original posts. I have no other response other than I am wrong.

Comment

Bravo !! exactly.Well said.

Comment

That is the truth.Delusion,promises and keeping up with the joneses is what drives pay for play clubs.

Comment

This is great post. Too many parents don't have this perspective. Too many clubs exploit them. Too many players pay the price.

Comment

Is Stars running a 10 month HS program? Is that true?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X