Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Red Bulls RDS Regional teams for 2007/2008s

Anyone have an opinion on the new Red Bulls RDS Regional teams. These are not the old RDS classes but a new full year team's playing in EDP. 3 Regions - NJ, Westchester (North) and LI/NYC (South). Idea is you have 2 local practices and 1 in NJ, whereas older red Bulls teams have all practices in NJ. Seems like these are drawing away some real players from the academy clubs younger ages (beachside, FCW, MO etc). Any thoughts?

They have a team in Westchester? Based where?

Comment

new next year. trains twice a week at Mt Vernon Underdome and one optional at Whippany. Games in NJ. They have already had tryouts for next year but worth watching for future.

Comment

My son went through the tryout process and made the team. I would guess that many of the kids were coming from other higher level pre-academy type teams, as the individual talent level of these kids was off the charts and the competition for a roster spot was extremely tough. If the RedBulls can get these kids to gel as a team, they are going to be a force to be reckoned with. We are eagerly anticipating the start of the season.

Comment

No doubt they'll get good training. Might not be true "DA level", but a big step above what many other local clubs have to offer.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
            My son went through the tryout process and made the team. I would guess that many of the kids were coming from other higher level pre-academy type teams, as the individual talent level of these kids was off the charts and the competition for a roster spot was extremely tough. If the RedBulls can get these kids to gel as a team, they are going to be a force to be reckoned with. We are eagerly anticipating the start of the season.
            I was going to say that this was an awesome humble brag until I realized that there was nothing humble about it at all.

Comment

I was going to say that this was an awesome humble brag until I realized that there was nothing humble about it at all.
              Not meant to brag at all, sorry if you took it that way. The OP asked for opinions, I gave mine as someone who witnessed all three stages of the tryout process.

Comment

The RB's did a test run with the 2005's last year. If initial results are any indication, I would say that they know what they're doing. The RB's state that these teams will serve as a feeder for the RB DA, but that still remains to be seen, although I would see no reason to think otherwise.

Comment

The RB's did a test run with the 2005's last year. If initial results are any indication, I would say that they know what they're doing. The RB's state that these teams will serve as a feeder for the RB DA, but that still remains to be seen, although I would see no reason to think otherwise.
                  Yes 4 or 5 fed into their academy team. Others were told to hit the road after they cashed your checks. Talent will be even more diluted with 3 teams.

Comment

Yes 4 or 5 fed into their academy team. Others were told to hit the road after they cashed your checks. Talent will be even more diluted with 3 teams.
                    8 of the 16 were offered spots in the RB DA and the remaining 8 were placed in other MLS or USSF DA's. So 100% moved on to play DA soccer....I guess that's what you mean by "hitting the road " ?

https://spark.adobe.com/page/etQQm5TgxwBoB/

Comment

8 of the 16 were offered spots in the RB DA and the remaining 8 were placed in other MLS or USSF DA's. So 100% moved on to play DA soccer....I guess that's what you mean by "hitting the road " ?

That's a real impressive group of kids they collected. Congrats to them, and Red Bulls on a successful pilot program.

Comment

Even if they don't make DA clubs (which it seems most are) they still will be better trained than what most other clubs are producing. Most likely you'll still be a stud on a top non DA team. Luckily in this area there are many other good clubs out there not in the DA system. So called rejects will be just fine.

Comment

Realistically they also have to start competing for talent at the younger ages vs NYCFC and now possibly Barca. Smart move on their part.

Comment

RDS Regional Teams

My son plays for 2007 team and so far extremely happy with the program. The tryouts were very competitive, actually 4 stages. They made 3 teams NY South, NY North and NJ. Only 11-12 players per each team.
                            Before the season started the kids went to “Golden Goal” for 5 days of sleepover camp. Great idea, the kids were totally a”Team” when the camp was over. They all knew each other and spent great time together. Contrary to some other programs where a lot of smaller groupings within the team exist, these teams do not have that.
                            Red Bulls are ahead of other clubs/academies, they had a lot evaluations including speed, stamina, jumping etc...to measure development throughout the year.
                            Kids are really talented but more than that really focused and into soccer. As an example my son was always the best in the teams he played now he works really hard to keep up with the others, and I am sure it is the same for most of them
                            Every training there are minimum 2 coaches, most of the games we have 3-4 coaches watching. All home games are recorded, and shared with highlights. There are video sessions to go through the game tompoint our positives as well as negatives.
                            Every game they have different aspect of the game they work on, so it is basically game speed training and the kids are enforced to work the plan. Every game they keep recording passes...The first game I think it was two hundred something passes total (35 minutes halves) and last weekend they had five hundred. It is amazing
                            I am very experienced with your Soccer because I have another son playing at an academy team (not Red Bull’s) and you can clearly see the difference.

Comment

My son plays for 2007 team and so far extremely happy with the program. The tryouts were very competitive, actually 4 stages. They made 3 teams NY South, NY North and NJ. Only 11-12 players per each team.
                              Before the season started the kids went to “Golden Goal” for 5 days of sleepover camp. Great idea, the kids were totally a”Team” when the camp was over. They all knew each other and spent great time together. Contrary to some other programs where a lot of smaller groupings within the team exist, these teams do not have that.
                              Red Bulls are ahead of other clubs/academies, they had a lot evaluations including speed, stamina, jumping etc...to measure development throughout the year.
                              Kids are really talented but more than that really focused and into soccer. As an example my son was always the best in the teams he played now he works really hard to keep up with the others, and I am sure it is the same for most of them
                              Every training there are minimum 2 coaches, most of the games we have 3-4 coaches watching. All home games are recorded, and shared with highlights. There are video sessions to go through the game tompoint our positives as well as negatives.
                              Every game they have different aspect of the game they work on, so it is basically game speed training and the kids are enforced to work the plan. Every game they keep recording passes...The first game I think it was two hundred something passes total (35 minutes halves) and last weekend they had five hundred. It is amazing
                              I am very experienced with your Soccer because I have another son playing at an academy team (not Red Bull’s) and you can clearly see the difference.
                              So how creative are the kids allowed to be when they play? Are they Allowed to dribble? They are, after all, only ten years old. Just wondering... sounds too regimented for kids at age 10. Is it fun for ten year olds to play and train that way? What is the purpose of all of this testing and passing? Is there passion and excitement about the game? Do all players get at least 50% PT? Idk if I’d want to do this rds experiment on my kid. Rather keep him in local programs that allow him to play, be creative and have fun. Too serious and restrictive for age ten imo. But thanks for the info.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X