Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    It just fills a geographic hole left by Stars, that is all. It shows how desperate USSF is getting. It will do little for Seacoast or its female players.
    Strange that Seacoast would want to join... considering how a lot of clubs are getting out! What is up with that?

Comment

Strange that Seacoast would want to join... considering how a lot of clubs are getting out! What is up with that?

Despite the perception, this was rumored to be coming for a year now. Possibly they were in line and waiting for someone to drop out. Not sure, but I will say it didn't come completely out of the blue.

That being said...after what happened over the last couple of months I figured they dropped the pursuit.

Comment

Or, maybe the idea is that this is the only way that they could get in (with other clubs leaving...), so jump on it while you actually can. Doesn't seem that promising.

Comment

Pretty much, those who they are counting on have had conversations and expectations for the coming year.

And, no, I personally haven't been talked to re: DA. Would expect so if anyone was, but one never knows.

They won't uproot our entire team and make them DA. 3/4 wouldn't cut it, a few more probably aren't interested (including us, most likely). Only a few IMO from our NPL team would be a fit.

I expect they are thinking of minimal impact directly on an NPL team and will market this to any club player north of Boston who wants to play DA, and doesn't have any other options.
          Really hope that's true. Also hope they continue to form new NPL teams at younger ages and not try to get them into DA. D's good friend has a little sister hoping to be on the U12 team next year (pre NPL team that plays in premiership at U12 that pulls from multiple locations) and don't think they've heard anything yet. I know they definitely aren't interested in anything to do with GDA for either kid.

Comment

They won't uproot our entire team and make them DA. 3/4 wouldn't cut it, a few more probably aren't interested (including us, most likely). Only a few IMO from our NPL team would be a fit.

I expect they are thinking of minimal impact directly on an NPL team and will market this to any club player north of Boston who wants to play DA, and doesn't have any other options.
            Who are they going to get to go to Epping NH that isn't already playing for Seacoast?

The GDA is spiraling into mediocrity. This arguably weakens the league more than losing Stars & PDA.

Comment

Who are they going to get to go to Epping NH that isn't already playing for Seacoast?

The GDA is spiraling into mediocrity. This arguably weakens the league more than losing Stars & PDA.
              Just my guess, but they could base it out of Amesbury which would be more convenient.

Comment

Just my guess, but they could base it out of Amesbury which would be more convenient.
                Location is the least of their issues.

Comment

Well that sounds promising.

No, not really

Comment

Most teams in New England NPL would beat local Northeast NPL teams. The league also includes kids who turned down ECNL and DA. Not sure why Seacoast getting DA would affect the quality of the league.
                    Lol!! Only good club left in NENPL is SSS. Rest is mediocre at best. You live in a fantasy world.

Comment

Lol!! Only good club left in NENPL is SSS. Rest is mediocre at best. You live in a fantasy world.
                      Take a look at NEFC's NPL teams. They are still commuting kids to mixes of d1, d2, and d3 teams. Not just a few kids. More like a roster full. They also have kids playing who could play ECNL and DA. You should fact check your information.

Comment

Take a look at NEFC's NPL teams. They are still commuting kids to mixes of d1, d2, and d3 teams. Not just a few kids. More like a roster full. They also have kids playing who could play ECNL and DA. You should fact check your information.
                        Not the OP but ok then that's two clubs. What about the rest?

Comment

Not the OP but ok then that's two clubs. What about the rest?
                          It varies depending upon age group. Besides SSS & NEFC, there are some strong age groups for GPS, Bayside as well as Yankee. Not across the board but certainly in some age groups.
                          But what I think you’ll start seeing next year and moving forward, is a migration of some top players back to the New England NPL from DA and ECNL teams. The days of chasing a patch are numbered, mainly because many families are realizing the only thing different besides the patch is that cost and travel. The envelope has been pushed too far, and the pushback is real. It has happened already with DA/ECNL players turning down their offers, and choosing to go to NEFC NPL & SSS AP teams for next year. I know of one that was already signed on to go to Seacoast NPL as well, although that poor girl might find herself in the DA league now without having expected it.

Comment

It varies depending upon age group. Besides SSS & NEFC, there are some strong age groups for GPS, Bayside as well as Yankee. Not across the board but certainly in some age groups.
                            But what I think you’ll start seeing next year and moving forward, is a migration of some top players back to the New England NPL from DA and ECNL teams. The days of chasing a patch are numbered, mainly because many families are realizing the only thing different besides the patch is that cost and travel. The envelope has been pushed too far, and the pushback is real. It has happened already with DA/ECNL players turning down their offers, and choosing to go to NEFC NPL & SSS AP teams for next year. I know of one that was already signed on to go to Seacoast NPL as well, although that poor girl might find herself in the DA league now without having expected it.
                            They can't force anyone to do GDA. Unfortunately those who don't want it won't have many other options at this point if they don't field NPL. This late in the game who are they going to recruit in? Players that don't currently have teams to play on basically. I think we can all agree on the prediction for this one.

Comment

They can't force anyone to do GDA. Unfortunately those who don't want it won't have many other options at this point if they don't field NPL. This late in the game who are they going to recruit in? Players that don't currently have teams to play on basically. I think we can all agree on the prediction for this one.
                              How about the 15 team that left with coach to Stars GDA for starters ? Why travel to Lancaster...Young age won't be an issue and U17 should have little trouble recruiting 17 -19 girls in their PRIME recruiting years. I swear the crying that goes on here is unreal. Anyone of you would run if your 17 down kid could make that seacoast 17 team. Look at the coaches at the last showcase, 90% div 1.

Stars leaving was a blessing. This makes sense to me completely. In 3 years you all will be talking seacoast as a destination club. Mark my word

Comment

How about the 15 team that left with coach to Stars GDA for starters ? Why travel to Lancaster...Young age won't be an issue and U17 should have little trouble recruiting 17 -19 girls in their PRIME recruiting years. I swear the crying that goes on here is unreal. Anyone of you would run if your 17 down kid could make that seacoast 17 team. Look at the coaches at the last showcase, 90% div 1.

Stars leaving was a blessing. This makes sense to me completely. In 3 years you all will be talking seacoast as a destination club. Mark my word
                                You no speak clearly

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X