Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Yeah, somebody has to serve the fries and clean the restrooms.
    Kind of a d1k comment. I have no ties to SHU, but it isn’t Gateway.

Comment

Top ECNL teams meaning real ECNL teams and not the watered down pseudo-political check machines that are CT ECNL clubs?
      Or the teams that finished among the top ECNL teams last year and doing quite well again this year.

Comment

But, shu might be a gateway to serving fries and cleaning restrooms.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2274291]Kind of a d1k comment. I have no ties to SHU, but it isn’t Gateway.[/QUOTE

Best to ignore the snark - likely coming from someone whose kid doesn't have/won't have a good college soccer situation lined-up. All of the parents I've met whose kids are headed off to play college ball -- including the ones off to the elite schools -- are gracious and complimentary of other kids' accomplishments, uniquely understanding how hard it is to get to that level.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2274305]
            Best to ignore the snark - likely coming from someone whose kid doesn't have/won't have a good college soccer situation lined-up. All of the parents I've met whose kids are headed off to play college ball -- including the ones off to the elite schools -- are gracious and complimentary of other kids' accomplishments, uniquely understanding how hard it is to get to that level.
            Well, that's mostly true. But, this is shu we're talking about.

Comment

And if you think the players are just going to make decisions on schools based on their success in soccer you are completely misguided
              twisting again. I never said that. If you come to a soccer forum touting the quality of commits, they need to be solid is a SOCCER context. if not, then as you say, the soccer component is not that relevant and as such of limited interest to a soccer audience.

Why is that so hard to accept.

happy for all of them, but please respect the audience you are typing to.

Comment

This is something people often forget. For most kids and their families it's about the school, not the quality of the soccer. Whatever that school goal is that is what they are focused on (and there are all kinds of levels of academics). If money is an issue then sometimes you have to aim lower in order to get the best packages. Stretching academically or athletically usually means much less. If you can play decent soccer for a few years on top of all of you've won the lottery.
                and this is something people like you dont get. If you are a top soccer player using soccer. You better go to a school that maximizes/offers the most for that talent becasue guess what, its a JOB at all of the D1 programs.

if you are a top player, you have a wide range of options to choose from. Soccer WILL be the deciding factor. it has to be.

If you are not in that category, that s fine. you compromise in the soccer part.

Top players dont have to and wont.

Comment

twisting again. I never said that. If you come to a soccer forum touting the quality of commits, they need to be solid is a SOCCER context. if not, then as you say, the soccer component is not that relevant and as such of limited interest to a soccer audience.

Why is that so hard to accept.

happy for all of them, but please respect the audience you are typing to.
                  Not the OP, but I somewhat agree with what you’re saying. Playing D1 is tough however, anyway you slice it. It’s still a worthy topic I think, since we’re in CT and it’s pretty rare that we get true blue chip commits coming out of our state. If we were on a CA board and touting our commit lists, that would be a different story. Just my opinion.

Comment

This is something people often forget. For most kids and their families it's about the school, not the quality of the soccer. Whatever that school goal is that is what they are focused on (and there are all kinds of levels of academics). If money is an issue then sometimes you have to aim lower in order to get the best packages. Stretching academically or athletically usually means much less. If you can play decent soccer for a few years on top of all of you've won the lottery.
                    This should be pasted anytime someone breaks out the college lists between all the clubs. Every family has a different and unique reason for what their decision is about.

FSA parent

Comment

This should be pasted anytime someone breaks out the college lists between all the clubs. Every family has a different and unique reason for what their decision is about.

FSA parent
                      Agree completely.

CFC parent

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2274305]
                        Kind of a d1k comment. I have no ties to SHU, but it isn’t Gateway.[/QUOTE

this is BS. its the needy who try everything they can to use the phrase D1 to paint all programs as similar. Frankly its not that hard to make the team at least 50pct of the schools in D1. its just not. these discussions would be so much more interesting if every player had to disclose the $$ amount of the athletic offer. You would get a much better picture.

I am very complimentary of achievements. If this is a general shout out to all the kids who re going to college with or without soccer, then bravo.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2274348]

this is BS. its the needy who try everything they can to use the phrase D1 to paint all programs as similar. Frankly its not that hard to make the team at least 50pct of the schools in D1. its just not. these discussions would be so much more interesting if every player had to disclose the $$ amount of the athletic offer. You would get a much better picture.

I am very complimentary of achievements. If this is a general shout out to all the kids who re going to college with or without soccer, then bravo.
                          “Frankly its not that hard to make the team at least 50pct of the schools in D1. its just not.”

You are completely out of touch with reality. Even if you’re talking about women’s soccer. Get a clue.

Comment

Not the OP, but I somewhat agree with what you’re saying. Playing D1 is tough however, anyway you slice it. It’s still a worthy topic I think, since we’re in CT and it’s pretty rare that we get true blue chip commits coming out of our state. If we were on a CA board and touting our commit lists, that would be a different story. Just my opinion.
                            And a very fair one it is. Maybe its implied that the preface was

For us in CT, these are impressive commits .....

the only caveat I would throw out is that the CFC folk are often trying to hold the "quality" of those commits over other CT Clubs. In that context, I dont see them as particularity impressive.

Comment

And a very fair one it is. Maybe its implied that the preface was

For us in CT, these are impressive commits .....

the only caveat I would throw out is that the CFC folk are often trying to hold the "quality" of those commits over other CT Clubs. In that context, I dont see them as particularity impressive.
                              Oh, from a CT FSA perspective, Gateway CC is impressive.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2274351]

“Frankly its not that hard to make the team at least 50pct of the schools in D1. its just not.”

You are completely out of touch with reality. Even if you’re talking about women’s soccer. Get a clue.

I dont think i am. do you think that soccer ability is the determinant for some of these kids? its ability to pay, academics and interest . I think its you who overrates the level.

My kids play vs current College players all the time. most ate not significantly better than u17 club players. the one difference is fitness, but often not much else.

half the battle in college soccer once you move outside the real top programs is "want to" not quality. Its a huge commitment, but its not that "hard" abilty wise.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X