Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    This is plain false. Our daughter missed 10 days of school for ODP Germany trip. She is in the IB program at her H.S. She brought in the ODP Letter and each teach worked with her to re-schedule. She did some school work accelerated before the trip and some school work make-up after the trip. No consequences. Granted, she was a student in good standing. If your kid is barely hanging on in school, the teachers may not be so understanding.
    The high school has no authority over the Dual Enrollment college attendance and grading policies.

Comment

Players won’t be able to participate in the long ODP trips abroad because the Dual Enrollment college classes won’t allow them to be absent that many days and complete tests late. Students who miss over a certain number of days have detention, aren’t approved to make up work, can’t attend prom, and other consequences.
      Waaaaaa. Sniff, sniff. I want it all and you have to accommodate me to make it happen for my baby.

What a load of bullsh!t. No wonder kids act so entitled.

Comment

Waaaaaa. Sniff, sniff. I want it all and you have to accommodate me to make it happen for my baby.

What a load of bullsh!t. No wonder kids act so entitled.
        Organizations that do not adapt to the needs of its clients become less relevant. Longer European trips will have to be dropped by some players. The Boca Thanksgiving ODP schedule should adjust or players and college recruiters may drop the event.

Comment

Organizations that do not adapt to the needs of its clients become less relevant. Longer European trips will have to be dropped by some players. The Boca Thanksgiving ODP schedule should adjust or players and college recruiters may drop the event.
          There were not that many coaches at the Boca event. There were 3x’s as many at a Disney and most left Boca early to go to the Disney event

Comment

This year may be the last year for ODP

Comment

Such a joke sitting here at ODP looking at the selections and talent.. Does Strickland make the final rosters for this group? Did he have his glasses on ?

Comment

Such a joke sitting here at ODP looking at the selections and talent.. Does Strickland make the final rosters for this group? Did he have his glasses on ?
                So much talent and future potential. Wish they could train more often. Wish they could take more players to train on the state teams going to Alabama.

Comment

There were not that many coaches at the Boca event. There were 3x’s as many at a Disney and most left Boca early to go to the Disney event
                  Move the Thanksgiving ODP Games to top bracket of Disney Jr & Sr Thanksgiving Showcase and play top other ODP Region teams or DA / ecnl teams.

Comment

This x100.

It's a fun experience for a 13 yo. Don't make it more than that. After 13, there are better options for serious players.

Both of these comments! This is perfect for 13 year old girls to play with girls they normally play against. It’s about having fun and making memories.

Comment

Both of these comments! This is perfect for 13 year old girls to play with girls they normally play against. It’s about having fun and making memories.
                      Yes. Let's all sing and play Tag next

Comment

Move the Thanksgiving ODP Games to top bracket of Disney Jr & Sr Thanksgiving Showcase and play top other ODP Region teams or DA / ecnl teams.
                        You already play all the other Region teams at the Interegional event. I am taking it you ha ent been

Comment

Most of the girls that committed to GDA next year pulled out after receiving imvites

Comment

You already play all the other Region teams at the Interegional event. I am taking it you ha ent been
                            Move the Interregional event to Orlando/Auburndale and Work with Disney. It could benefit Disney and ODP. ODP regional teams play one another in the top bracket at Disney. This would help the college coaches.

Comment

ODP players would get more college coaches exposure because most of the coaches come to scout at Disney and they would come watch the ODP region teams play. Orlando is a great destination for coaches and families. Both Disney and ODP should work together to make it happen.

Comment

ODP Is Important up to and including U16 - 1/2 kids are out of DA

I feel ODP is important up to and including U16 because half of the players are forced out of the DA teams because U16 and U17 are combined in Development Academies. I feel this is a big grass roots issue with US Soccer not having a separate DA team for U16 and getting rid of half of the boys which are only 14 years old. It really frustrates me why they get rid of half the players before they are developed. I know Brazil does not do this. I don't know if Germany does it. But we should be doing everything to succeed and a simple grassroots thing of adding DA team for U16 would help keep many of the players in the program and bring up a greater number of plays to College and Professional ranks.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X