Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weston Doesn't Care about Own Players and why go to Disney???

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The grass is not always greener on the other side.
    I seen my kids decreased intensidy and motivation.
    And yes May is all about tryouts, and how many and who came to tryouts.

Comment

God help us at Disney! No team training thanks to raining and tryouts.

Comment

Originally posted by WastingMoneyandKids View Post
        Weston the past couple of years has been so intent on replacing their own players with new players, as is supported by the obscene number of tryouts in May - and ID camps starting in January - that the premier teams generally announce no practices during the weeks of May leading up to Disney and that the PA teams hold practices only if there is no conflict with the premier tryouts.

And - the PA practices, when they actually happen, are essentially glorified tryouts by virtue of inviting players from the black and white teams to participate in scrimmages spanning the entire scheduled time of these "practices."

It is time that Weston just end the season the end of April - not participate in Disney or any game or tournament after the end of April so they can focus on replacing their players with new players. Or, do not abandon practices in favor of finding replacement players.

Another good idea I've read on these boards and heard from others: focus on caring about developing your own players and train them better and harder and really get engaged in their progress. Some of your coaches do -- others don't (like many clubs). The difference is Weston's reputation is that it sells a better system than other clubs. However, that isn't supported by the facts - as Weston clearly abandon's its players and teams staring May 1 in each of the past 2 years. If Weston were to live up to its reputation of having a reputation and actually begin caring about their own, they might not be so intent every year on replacing in their players!

Maybe FYSA should reclarify their rules to prohibit tryouts or offers prior to the end of the academic year based season.
        Thanks god tryouts are over!

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
          Thanks god tryouts are over!
          Weston next week will do additional tryouts as they didn't like the quality of players coming in.

After last week of April should conclude the season, as coaches really don't care what players are doing and about anything else, they are more focused for the next season.

Comment

New season worst coaching staff

Comment

Disney results were the clear example that our club and the coach abandoned our team.
              If you kids was not playing Danone last weekend you were worthless.

Comment

Disney results were the clear example that our club and the coach abandoned our team.
                Sucks, but true. Weston needs to do better.

Comment

Why do you guys want children to do specialized training 12 months out of the year? You people are crazy. Today's parents are driving kids out of soccer either by mental burnout of physical overuse injuries. Sheesh!!!

Comment

Everyone on this board seems to hate every club.

My son’s team played the u10 and U9 boys’ Black and white teams this year. All4 teams appeared to be skilled and well coached. The kids’ first touch was excellent, they were organized very well, passed, finished their chances, etc. I’m not sure what you folks are seeing, but these teams look great. What am I missing?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                    Auto-Saved
                    x
                    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                    x
                    Working...
                    X