Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I agree, I always see people posting about Sporting, but I'd rather take my daughter over to Ajax than the other guys. Wrona knows his stuff from what I've seen when they play at FSA.
    A quiet little club that doesn't toot it's own horn on TS and has produced some quality players. May be a better option for players just wanting to play HS or low level college vs FSA or CFC branch teams.

Comment

Death spin. Good night FSA.

Comment

A quiet little club that doesn't toot it's own horn on TS and has produced some quality players. May be a better option for players just wanting to play HS or low level college vs FSA or CFC branch teams.
        Can’t toot your horn when you’ve been around for 20 plus years and still only have 8 teams

Comment

Can’t toot your horn when you’ve been around for 20 plus years and still only have 8 teams
          Why do they need more? They do fine with what they have. The Ajax teams consistently smoke FSA state teams outdoors and likewise clean up during indoor season.

Comment

Some clubs don’t claim or aspire to be more. Many players aren’t chasing the college or pro dream and just want to play soccer. I know absolutely nothing about Ajax, don’t know they’re even based, but if they’ve been around that long, they must provide a decent product/experience for the average player. Good for them.

Comment

Bigger isn't always better. Just ask FSA parents.

Niche brands do very well in all kinds of consumer markets. Soccer is no exception.

Comment

The fact that they have been around that long and have survived speaks volumes. I've been involved for about ten and can't even count how many clubs have come and gone. Usually it's because of management ineptitude, crap coaching, and/or trying to grow too big too fast.

Comment

Some clubs don’t claim or aspire to be more. Many players aren’t chasing the college or pro dream and just want to play soccer. I know absolutely nothing about Ajax, don’t know they’re even based, but if they’ve been around that long, they must provide a decent product/experience for the average player. Good for them.
                  Or for the player that doesn't want to do all the traveling that the bigger clubs do, and get good training. Based out of Bristol, CT, they have their own indoor facility as well, 1 field.

Comment

Or for the player that doesn't want to do all the traveling that the bigger clubs do, and get good training. Based out of Bristol, CT, they have their own indoor facility as well, 1 field.
                    Good training to be on the JV team.

Give it up man, you've given an honest effort today.

Comment

This thread is everything that is wrong with modern parents.

If you don't like what's happening with a specific team, take it up with the club management and the Coach of the team.

The problem with that group is lack of talent. There isn't enough talent in CT to be super competitive regionally. CFC took the top few kids from that group and you are now playing with what is left over. Did you really expect a different result? A coaching change wouldn't make much of a difference. That group doesn't have the horses. 0-10 is rough but that's exactly what SoccerPlus did for years. Different uniforms, nicer fields but identical product on the field.

In the end, college coaches recruit from all levels of club soccer. While exposure might come easier on a top team, most kids aren't that fortunate. Take advantage of the big stage at PDA and have your kid play her butt off down there. ECNL typically matches teams up with comparable opponents so this may be a chance to get a good result and finish off the season on a positive note.

If you want to complain about something, I'd complain about not having the opportunity to attend the FL showcase when every other ECNL club in the country did.

Comment

Good training to be on the JV team.

Give it up man, you've given an honest effort today.
                        Not the person from before, but we are in a forum that started out talking about an FSA team that is 0-10, and you're talking about a small club that doesn't say a word or promise anything like FSA.

If my kid is on an 0-for team..I'd second guess it as well, and look at other options. For the price that is paid at FSA, I'd expect more as well. The few people that posted above about Ajax, didn't post anything negative about FSA.

Why can't people play nice, each club has their own place.

Comment

Bigger isn't always better. Just ask FSA parents.
                          That makes no sense. Have you seen the hip-checkers on FSA ECNL?

Let's put this in perspective,

Would you rather have small with no technical skills or big with no technical skills?
                          Would you rather have small with technical skills or big with technical skills?

Big wins every time.

Comment

Would you rather have small with no technical skills or big with no technical skills?

Big wins every time.
                            I meant from a club/#of team perspective, not players size ;)

Comment

Big wins every time.
                              Exactly what your wife told me when I was pounding her last night needle dik

Comment

Big wins every time.
                                You don't watch much soccer do you? The best players in the world are small with technical skills.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X