Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Nice job troll. You have your son at GPS, yet you claim to know the inner details of the complaint and punishment??!?!??!?

You must be the Cape or Strikers board member that is reaching really hard. I'm guessing Cape since you mentioned you "have a kid at LCS". Why don't you just strengthen your club with better coaches, better programs, better long-term opportunities, and maybe players will not want to leave.

Also, if players want to leave for what they think is a better opportunity, is it in the kids best interest for you to stop them? Or is it in YOUR best interest to increase numbers at your club?
    Look at previous post. I was going upon what a friend of mines club did on east coast. I don’t know inner workings of this team. I do have a son that plays for GPS and their team is headed to Final Four. I have a daughter that plays for LCS as I don’t see the point in traveling for my 9-year old girl.

Don’t ignore the point of the post by trying to bash me or call me a troll. It sounds like Club won’t occur any penalty, only that team, but I’m not taking any chances.

Comment

IT's the USA, it's all REC! I saw one of the Weston DA teams play, my god what a mess.
      So should the next thread be who has the worse rec. program with the most clueless coaches?

Comment

Age Group?

What age group is this for? I’m guessing it’s girls by some else’s post?

Comment

What age group is this for? I’m guessing it’s girls by some else’s post?
          2004 Girls

GPS poached 8-9 girls from Cape Coral, who are now in Final Four. It sounded like a few from Lee County and Fire as well. Looks like Lee County won President’s Cup and Fire made it to Round of 8 in State Cup.

Not sure why those 3 teams would go play for GPS who couldn’t make it past Round of 16 in President’s Cup? Parents must have been blinded by something. I would have had Fire/Lee girls go to Cape or Cape/Lee girls go to Fire. Not sure why they chose GPS other than the great motivator himself DF who is probably still yelling from this past weekend of soccer games.

What happened to current GPS girls? Ouch. Hope they at least jumped ship to somewhere else. Rough for those girls to get suspended for 3-years as previous poster had on their. Interesting to see if FYSA does put down the hammer.

Comment

2004 Girls

GPS poached 8-9 girls from Cape Coral, who are now in Final Four. It sounded like a few from Lee County and Fire as well. Looks like Lee County won President’s Cup and Fire made it to Round of 8 in State Cup.

Not sure why those 3 teams would go play for GPS who couldn’t make it past Round of 16 in President’s Cup? Parents must have been blinded by something. I would have had Fire/Lee girls go to Cape or Cape/Lee girls go to Fire. Not sure why they chose GPS other than the great motivator himself DF who is probably still yelling from this past weekend of soccer games.

What happened to current GPS girls? Ouch. Hope they at least jumped ship to somewhere else. Rough for those girls to get suspended for 3-years as previous poster had on their. Interesting to see if FYSA does put down the hammer.
            Signed: Cape board member

Comment

Curious who actually took the time to go spy on a practice and take photos...of 14 year old girls? Sounds creepy!

Comment

Curious who actually took the time to go spy on a practice and take photos...of 14 year old girls? Sounds creepy!
                Don't believe the trolls. This is the norm for this season. Look at a dozen of the other threads. FC Prime vs. Weston; FC Prime vs. Sunrise; Sunrise vs. Weston, TBU vs. WFF, etc. etc. etc.

This is Cape Coral drowning after having lost probably 1 hundred players in the past couple of years.

Comment

Way to answer your own question. Troll.

Comment

True...I don't get "club wars" my kid was at a great local club for rec, move to a different club for the training, at U14, move to the big club that's a respectable distance for practices and be able to play in large showcases and have club staff with college connections. I would never bash another club that can offer the same, and I wish people would recognize that and focus on their own kid and stop worrying about what everyone else is doing.

Comment

True...I don't get "club wars" my kid was at a great local club for rec, move to a different club for the training, at U14, move to the big club that's a respectable distance for practices and be able to play in large showcases and have club staff with college connections. I would never bash another club that can offer the same, and I wish people would recognize that and focus on their own kid and stop worrying about what everyone else is doing.
                      Let me guess. Gateway to GPS. The only way to go. It is such a shame how many horrible clubs rip off parents who believe their BS and end up getting burned.

Comment

Way to answer your own question. Troll.
                        Um no. I did not answer my own post. That was someone else. Just showing some thought process. GPS parents would be fools to self report. Incoming parents would be fools to self report. Why report potential violations that would harm your own kid? Therefore, I feel that someone had to spy and take photos, which again, I do find creepy and way over the top. That is my rationale.

Comment

So should the next thread be who has the worse rec. program with the most clueless coaches?
                          GPS is ok. Only club in sad to have won state title.

Comment

Um no. I did not answer my own post. That was someone else. Just showing some thought process. GPS parents would be fools to self report. Incoming parents would be fools to self report. Why report potential violations that would harm your own kid? Therefore, I feel that someone had to spy and take photos, which again, I do find creepy and way over the top. That is my rationale.
                            Or whatever club they were from reported it. My money is on that.

Comment

It’s not a lie? Posters on here already admitted to it and are saying it’s not a violation, or some are even saying it is but FYSA won’t come down on it.

It seems like the OP of this thread knows something is about to happen to that team.
                              Nothing is happening. This thread was started because FYSA tryouts started this week, sign up numbers are down for those clubs and they are desperate to get their top players back.

Comment

GPS West was caught poaching and is now under investigation with FYSA. Possible 1-year van from all FYSA events. Training with 2004 Girls from other clubs 2-months before tryouts. DF on photo evidence as well and receiving possible 2-year suspension.

Once evidence was brought to light, other clubs had more evidence of other teams as well. They are now investigating tryout process as well. Next year, they’ll only have US Club and could possibly lose USYS affiliation, as well as U12
                                DA.

Be careful registering with this club!
                                It might be hard to comprehend but NPL clubs can recruit anytime as long as it is for the NPL team and they are not recruiting a current NPL registered player from another NPL club.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X