Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    To a youth soccer Director of Coaching? No. No, I have not.
    hmmm, what club are you with? I bet I can tell you a story about your DOC too. If this guy got a card for protecting an 11 or 12 year old girl, I'm o.k. with that. What I'm not o.k. with is a DOC who comes on soccer forum's bad mouthing other clubs because he is losing all his players.

Comment

Chris Kelly can be a hot-head, but overall he is measured in his responses and actions, if he got tossed it was for a reason, good for him, the refs that I have seen lately suck, no clue about protecting the players, pray to God it wasn’t your kid getting hacked by a goon....

Comment

Why are you trying to cause trouble? Yes coach was carded because one of his players was being repeatedly hacked from behind and the ref ( a PDA ref, at a PDA tournament, reffing a PDA vs WC game) was blind the rough housing. We were at the game and witnessed the whole thing. Coach rightly tried to bring the attention of the ref to the fouls and was thrown out. Our coach was sitting on the sidelines so there was never a chance of the team having to forfeit. We applauded the coach for watching out for players that weren't even his.
        Nice Try though
        I was at that game too (my daughter's game was after that one). Ref as an a-hole. After tossing the DoC, he started carding WC players for no reason (eg. WC player shielding defender from the ball with her body resulted in yellow card). Most ridiculous vindictive behavior by a ref I've ever seen.

Comment

World Class DoC

Anybody who has a clue about Chris Kelly knows he is an AWESOME guy. I would trust him to do the right thing and act the right way in any situation with respect to soccer. I have a younger daughter at the club and he has coached her multiple times. Intense guy yes... but incredibly fair and great family man. Anybody saying “wow” has no clue what they are talking about. Btw if you did some research he was actually taking a dagger for some rowdy WC parents who were rightly upset.

Comment

Anybody who has a clue about Chris Kelly knows he is an AWESOME guy. I would trust him to do the right thing and act the right way in any situation with respect to soccer. I have a younger daughter at the club and he has coached her multiple times. Intense guy yes... but incredibly fair and great family man. Anybody saying “wow” has no clue what they are talking about. Btw if you did some research he was actually taking a dagger for some rowdy WC parents who were rightly upset.
            He’s also very loud.

Comment

Umm....wow.

Comment

Umm....wow.
                You can only wish that your soccer resume was anything close to Mr. Kelly's. I played with the guy at Penn State. He might be loud, but damn he could play.

Comment

You can only wish that your soccer resume was anything close to Mr. Kelly's. I played with the guy at Penn State. He might be loud, but damn he could play.
                  I'm sure. I only tapped out at D2, so kudos. Sounds like a great player.

Relevance to him as a DoC getting kicked out of a U12 girls soccer game?

You sound like the type of guy who defends a road-rager because he was an expert marksman....

Comment

I'm sure. I only tapped out at D2, so kudos. Sounds like a great player.

Relevance to him as a DoC getting kicked out of a U12 girls soccer game?

You sound like the type of guy who defends a road-rager because he was an expert marksman....
                    I know Chris, nice guy, but the defense of him is laughable. The way some parents rush to defend the indefensible simply because they PAY a club $$ is indicative of the the cult like hold Youth sports get on parents.

His soccer resume, character etc have nothing to do with the fact that there is no excuse for a DoC getting red carded at a kids soccer game. There are right ways to handle things and wrong ones. We all make mistakes. Sometimes you just say I was wrong and try and learn form it.

Comment

I know Chris, nice guy, but the defense of him is laughable. The way some parents rush to defend the indefensible simply because they PAY a club $$ is indicative of the the cult like hold Youth sports get on parents.

His soccer resume, character etc have nothing to do with the fact that there is no excuse for a DoC getting red carded at a kids soccer game. There are right ways to handle things and wrong ones. We all make mistakes. Sometimes you just say I was wrong and try and learn form it.
                      Disagree
                      My kids play for a club in competition with WC/NYCFC
                      I wish we lived closer to Orangeburg.
                      I have no problem with a coach defending his kids and getting tossed. I actually would respect him for it. The refs are sometimes terrible and if they are supporting dangerous behavior I expect the coach to do everything to prevent an unnecessary injury. If he saved your kid from an ACL you would thank him. KT is one of the best youth coaches in the country. He does much with little sometimes.

Comment

Disagree
                        I have no problem with a coach defending his kids and getting tossed. I actually would respect him for it. The refs are sometimes terrible and if they are supporting dangerous behavior I expect the coach to do everything to prevent an unnecessary injury. If he saved your kid from an ACL you would thank him. KT is one of the best youth coaches in the country. He does much with little sometimes.
                        Same here on all accounts. My kid is in a competitive club vs WC and between the fields and what I hear about the club experience I wish we lived closer.

If a coach gets tossed for protecting his players he is doing something right. The stuff I see being allowed by refs sometimes is insane.

Comment

The Orangeburg lucky ducks. Any clubs that could replicate what they have in orangeburg would get lots of players.

Comment

Same here on all accounts. My kid is in a competitive club vs WC and between the fields and what I hear about the club experience I wish we lived closer.

If a coach gets tossed for protecting his players he is doing something right. The stuff I see being allowed by refs sometimes is insane.
                            well, my kid actually plays there and I stand by my comment. there are ways to deal with poor refs. Getting tossed is not one of them. this is not pro sports. Protecting a player. where do you draw the line.

Comment

Disagree
                              My kid is at WC, has never been on a CK team but has been coached by him and has scrimmaged against his teams. He is loud for sure. But I agree that he is a good guy, his bark is louder than his bite, and that it would be very out of character if he did anything other than defend his player to the ref. If you told me he was doing anything other than complaining about a call (eg. if he was personally insulting the ref, throwing something, etc), I would not believe it.

Comment

Disagree
                                your hypothetical is rather dramatic. Fouls are part of the game. You have no idea what the result will be. Kids damage ACLs in non contact fashion. If a ref is that bad and putting players at risk, why get tossed? surely it would be better to take your team off the field if that bad?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X