Is Albertson out of ECNL?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Usually by the end of middle school, as top players peel away to the higher leagues, parents understand where their kids fit in the landscape. Many kids who were studs at U11 aren't studs any longer and some aren't even playing the game any longer. Moving to 11v11 and puberty are great levelers. Kids also find they're more passionate about other things.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Usually by the end of middle school, as top players peel away to the higher leagues, parents understand where their kids fit in the landscape. Many kids who were studs at U11 aren't studs any longer and some aren't even playing the game any longer. Moving to 11v11 and puberty are great levelers. Kids also find they're more passionate about other things.
      yes hopefully NOT Fornite.

Comment

Not sure about that. Some kids are on there 3rd, 4th, maybe 5th team by the time they hit 13. These kids get around and the number willing and able to join these uber-expensive, uber-travel teams is limited. Dont look to see any dramatic change in LI soccer just because a club joins a new league. It is what it is. The deck just get a bit reshuffled every year.
        If you have a kid on her 5th team by the time she's 13, me thinks the problem isn't LI soccer!

Comment

If you have a kid on her 5th team by the time she's 13, me thinks the problem isn't LI soccer!
          Nothing to do with LI soccer. Just youth soccer in general. In fact, many youth sports in general.

Comment

Any update on Alby for next year? Are trainers sticking with business as usual? Or are they quietly telling people the situation?

Comment

Any update on Alby for next year? Are trainers sticking with business as usual? Or are they quietly telling people the situation?
              I would imagine people (especially older players) would stay away from their tryouts given the uncertainty.

Comment

I would imagine people (especially older players) would stay away from their tryouts given the uncertainty.
                Same thing is happening that happened to boys DA a few years ago. Secrecy, deceit and no answers. Screwed a lot of kids.

Comment

Rumor is, they are very interested in the newly configured USYS EDP National league to be the top platform for the non DA teams and trying to persuade other NE DA clubs to do the same in an attempt to mirror how ECNL has A & B teams all contained within the 2 leagues. If they made that happen, it would be quite the coup for USYS and EDP. Looking to throw "development" or "academy" into each team's name like -Albertson Fury Academy 05 or some crap like that so kids who used to play ECNL don't feel demoted.
                  USYS EDP National League Conferences just announced their newest conference for U16 GDA "gap" players, aka "players who filled the roster at U15 but then got cut from the U16/17 team but the club wants to hang onto in case they want to put them back on the team when they're U17 players".

Albertson and Oakwood are both on board.

Comment

What a relief to have another soccer league to handle the pent up demand that cant find a place to play.

Comment

USYS EDP National League Conferences just announced their newest conference for U16 GDA "gap" players, aka "players who filled the roster at U15 but then got cut from the U16/17 team but the club wants to hang onto in case they want to put them back on the team when they're U17 players".

Albertson or Fury DA? Someone who got cut from the combined Fury DA would then play for Albertson EDP? And if this is the case, then wouldn't that confirm that Albertson is exiting ECNL? Surely they wouldn't have both an U16 ECNL team, a U16 EDP team and a U16/U17 Fury DA team (combined).

Comment

I think you meant... What a relief to the kids and parents that don't have to find a new club for potentially one year, adding unnecessary stress to their lives.

Comment

Albertson or Fury DA? Someone who got cut from the combined Fury DA would then play for Albertson EDP? And if this is the case, then wouldn't that confirm that Albertson is exiting ECNL? Surely they wouldn't have both an U16 ECNL team, a U16 EDP team and a U16/U17 Fury DA team (combined).
                          My bad!!! I should've said Fury is on board. It's Fury DA looking to house cut players in a separate league conference, not Albertson. Old habits are hard to break.

It would be smart of the east coast DA clubs to follow the SoCal DA clubs who have already formed a conference/league called the DPL-Development Premiere League, that houses all the GDA B teams. That way it feels a little more in line with the GDA clubs' methodology and practices and feels like it's still part of the overall program and philosophy.

How does a kid who plays in NE DA (the weakest DA conference by far) feel confident telling a college coach-well I played on DA last year, but this year I'm playing EDP but in the special conference for 16 year old kids who were cut from DA. This is where ECNL will always have it over USSF, their marketing and spin machine would have this nailed down.

Comment

My bad!!! I should've said Fury is on board. It's Fury DA looking to house cut players in a separate league conference, not Albertson. Old habits are hard to break.

It would be smart of the east coast DA clubs to follow the SoCal DA clubs who have already formed a conference/league called the DPL-Development Premiere League, that houses all the GDA B teams. That way it feels a little more in line with the GDA clubs' methodology and practices and feels like it's still part of the overall program and philosophy.

How does a kid who plays in NE DA (the weakest DA conference by far) feel confident telling a college coach-well I played on DA last year, but this year I'm playing EDP but in the special conference for 16 year old kids who were cut from DA. This is where ECNL will always have it over USSF, their marketing and spin machine would have this nailed down.
                            I get it for the DA-only clubs, but for PR it's a mess. Where are the additional kids that are required to round out this U16 going to come from? If Alby doesn't have ECNL, then I can understand it more. If they somehow do still have it, it's even more dilution of the players he has.

And look at the 8 clubs in this league -- 4 are in Virginia! That means a ton of travel 5+ hours away.

Comment

Will these pre Academy girls need to give up high school. They made the boys participating into the BDA preAcademy league give up high school.

So congratulations you made the B team and now you have to give up high school ... um no thank you

Comment

Will these pre Academy girls need to give up high school. They made the boys participating into the BDA preAcademy league give up high school.

So congratulations you made the B team and now you have to give up high school ... um no thank you
                                No, they don’t, this is what ECNL and GDA should of hammered-out, someone, or both, said ****-off....

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X