Originally posted by I put my name on it View Post
    A good start, but I would tweak it.
    Brilliant!

Comment

They should start with 40 teams in Round 1

8 groups of 5

Two weekends of play, means all teams within the group play each other. No more of this two games one weekend and travel for one the next. Two games each weekend, nobody has fresher legs, etc.

Top 2 teams in each group advance to the Round of 16.

One weekend to get down to the semifinals.

One weekend for semifinals and finals.

4 weekends of play, start the first weekend in March to beat rainy season.

How f'n difficult is that?

Have less than 40 teams? Cut it off at either 35 or 30 teams and use wild cards to build the Round of 16.

What the hell, how dare you offer a perfectly reasonable option for FYSA to mull over, the only bad thing about this is of course FYSA.

Comment

They should start with 40 teams in Round 1

8 groups of 5

Two weekends of play, means all teams within the group play each other. No more of this two games one weekend and travel for one the next. Two games each weekend, nobody has fresher legs, etc.

Top 2 teams in each group advance to the Round of 16.

One weekend to get down to the semifinals.

One weekend for semifinals and finals.

4 weekends of play, start the first weekend in March to beat rainy season.

How f'n difficult is that?

Have less than 40 teams? Cut it off at either 35 or 30 teams and use wild cards to build the Round of 16.

Less teams = less fees, less hotel kickbacks and the fear of clubs losing even more interest in a league that is already struggling. Gone are the days when winning a state championship meant something outside of the teams participating. BTW, not trying to be rude or disrespectful.

Comment

S. Reg's & Nat Champ.

The 2 teams moving on to S Reg's I'm sure have more then a few players that have graduated and will be moving on to University. I was wondering if this will prevent them from playing in this tournament, especially if they are continuing to play soccer for their school. I would certainly think that would be the case if either make it to the National Champ. tournament. Will these team be able to open up the rosters to add additional players if needed, or are they still locked?

Comment

So they’ve posted a 1-0 score in favor of TBU Ecnl for a game that’s scheduled to be played tomorrow. Did the game actually already happen or did FYSA flip a coin?

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
              So they’ve posted a 1-0 score in favor of TBU Ecnl for a game that’s scheduled to be played tomorrow. Did the game actually already happen or did FYSA flip a coin?
              Weston forfeited. Not sure why the score was posted as 1-0 instead of typical 4-0 but it doesn't matter. TBU wanted to play the game mostly to allow their only remaining keeper and one of their field players to sit out the red cards they got in the semi-final. TBU had beaten Weston handily at Disney and in State Cup but to be fair the State Cup game was against a 10 and then 9 player Weston team so doesnt really count. Regardless TBU deserve the overall win given that they didn't lose any games in state cup and beat last year's champion in the semis. FYSA is jacked though. They gave Weston the championship trophy and medals after they won their semi and before the TBU semi was even finished based on their early decision that there would be co-champions. Apparentely US soccer had a different take and said the final had to be played to determine a champion. Now Weston forfeited but has championship trophy and medals... typical FYSA - SNAFU

Comment

Weston forfeited. Not sure why the score was posted as 1-0 instead of typical 4-0 but it doesn't matter. TBU wanted to play the game mostly to allow their only remaining keeper and one of their field players to sit out the red cards they got in the semi-final. TBU had beaten Weston handily at Disney and in State Cup but to be fair the State Cup game was against a 10 and then 9 player Weston team so doesnt really count. Regardless TBU deserve the overall win given that they didn't lose any games in state cup and beat last year's champion in the semis. FYSA is jacked though. They gave Weston the championship trophy and medals after they won their semi and before the TBU semi was even finished based on their early decision that there would be co-champions. Apparentely US soccer had a different take and said the final had to be played to determine a champion. Now Weston forfeited but has championship trophy and medals... typical FYSA - SNAFU
                Oh wow. Thanks for the update.

Comment

I can only assume this is FYSA's official response. Much as expected: thoughtful, logical, clear and concise.

Comment

Club

That's great news for TBU! Congrats to the team and the parents. TBU had a great showing this year at State Cup, they beat some decent teams and came back to win a few games when everyone thought they were done.

Way to go

Comment

That's great news for TBU! Congrats to the team and the parents. TBU had a great showing this year at State Cup, they beat some decent teams and came back to win a few games when everyone thought they were done.

Way to go
                      Such an impressive tournament they were awarded 1653 GotSoccer points. Even GotSoccer is unimpressed.

Comment

Is tbu keeper former charger da keeper?

Comment

Such an impressive tournament they were awarded 1653 GotSoccer points. Even GotSoccer is unimpressed.
                          So I see your a point chaser. That's great, but others don't care for points instead they play the game and take on who ever comes.
                          Congrats TBU, give praise where praise is due. This team came out won every game and deserve the victory. Congrats to the coach and players

Comment

So I see your a point chaser. That's great, but others don't care for points instead they play the game and take on who ever comes.
                            Congrats TBU, give praise where praise is due. This team came out won every game and deserve the victory. Congrats to the coach and players
                            Not a points chaser, just pointing out that winning State Cup at U19 does not signify much. The GotSoccer points show that. They couldn't get to the FINALS in the CDL Showcase in February, but win State Cup after graduation when teams are falling apart and that is your validation that they are a top team?

Child, please.

Yes, they won every game. Just don't over sell it as a grand achievement.

Comment

grand achievement!

Not a points chaser, just pointing out that winning State Cup at U19 does not signify much. The GotSoccer points show that. They couldn't get to the FINALS in the CDL Showcase in February, but win State Cup after graduation when teams are falling apart and that is your validation that they are a top team?

Child, please.

Yes, they won every game. Just don't over sell it as a grand achievement.
                              Not just a Top Team Skippy, They are the TOP TEAM! TBU accomplished this by going undefeated which in my book is the Grandest of Grand Achievements!

Comment

Not just a Top Team Skippy, They are the TOP TEAM! TBU accomplished this by going undefeated which in my book is the Grandest of Grand Achievements!
                                College commitments besides division two and three please?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X