Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LM Scooped Again: US YOUTH SOCCER ANNOUNCES NEW LEAGUES STRUCTURE - THE US YOUTH SOCC

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    My guess it's a one or two year window. It's really just a way not to penalize girls who were on GDA squads and kept revenues in house
    I think you've hit the nail on the head!

Comment

I get all that, it's the big announcement of clubs "joining" EDP. All of these clubs already have teams in EDP, so now they'll just be carded through USYS. Big whoop!

If anything, usys just shot themselves in the foot. The current USYS "National League" is very prestigious, with only the top teams in USYS competing in it. It was a great league for top individual teams in clubs that didn't have GDA or ECNL badges to compete. Now it's for clubs' C teams.
      You missed my point.....the real issue is a National platform vs.NPL regional.
      You cannot just get into National lLeague you need to apply.
      Npl was a club based league not team based so not all teams at all age groups are A or even B teams.

Npl teams (or C teams as you refer to them) end up in same spot as ECNL teams on the boys side at regional playoffs so not the elite level you think it is.

I agree DA is still the top level for the top 1% - 2%.

Comment

To review what is being offered here.

USYSA National League - Nationwide League with one bracket per age per gender. Teams only get here through promotion from the the National League Conferences. Top teams will be eligible to play in the National League Championships.

USYSA National League Conferences - The current Eastern Regional League will be broken up into four separate National League Conferences (other regions are also restructuring in a similar manner). The four eastern conferences will be managed by EDP. Teams must apply and be accepted by the conferences based on their individual merits. There may also be an additional league in each conference offered that is club based, similar to the NPL model. It is not clear which, if any of the EDP conferences are seriously considering that option. I hope none as I dislike the club based model. Top teams will be eligible to play in the National League Championships.

USYSA EDP Leagues - Basically the existing EDP Leagues. They will continue to accept all teams that enter and will create as many divisions as necessary to handle them all. The only real practical difference here is that they will be sanctioned by USYSA instead of US Club. In addition, the various EDP tournaments will also be switching to be sanctioned by USYSA of US Club.

This will put a real hurt on NYCSL as a number of top Northeastern clubs have announced their support for the new National League Structure. My guess is that NYCSL is going to have to move all of their Metro clubs up to it's NPL league to replacing the leaving NPL clubs but we'll have to wait and see about that. It's possible that larger clubs like SUSA attempts to put teams in both the National League Conferences and in NPL, but clubs like Massapequa, Atletico and so on aren't big enough to do that and will be leaving NPL.

Comment

To review what is being offered here.

USYSA National League - Nationwide League with one bracket per age per gender. Teams only get here through promotion from the the National League Conferences. Top teams will be eligible to play in the National League Championships.

USYSA National League Conferences - The current Eastern Regional League will be broken up into four separate National League Conferences (other regions are also restructuring in a similar manner). The four eastern conferences will be managed by EDP. Teams must apply and be accepted by the conferences based on their individual merits. There may also be an additional league in each conference offered that is club based, similar to the NPL model. It is not clear which, if any of the EDP conferences are seriously considering that option. I hope none as I dislike the club based model. Top teams will be eligible to play in the National League Championships.

USYSA EDP Leagues - Basically the existing EDP Leagues. They will continue to accept all teams that enter and will create as many divisions as necessary to handle them all. The only real practical difference here is that they will be sanctioned by USYSA instead of US Club. In addition, the various EDP tournaments will also be switching to be sanctioned by USYSA of US Club.

This will put a real hurt on NYCSL as a number of top Northeastern clubs have announced their support for the new National League Structure. My guess is that NYCSL is going to have to move all of their Metro clubs up to it's NPL league to replacing the leaving NPL clubs but we'll have to wait and see about that. It's possible that larger clubs like SUSA attempts to put teams in both the National League Conferences and in NPL, but clubs like Massapequa, Atletico and so on aren't big enough to do that and will be leaving NPL.
          Very good synopsis ☝️

Cedar Stars announced today ALL of their clubs are coming over.

Word is NYCSL will become NYNJSL will not matter as most of the EDP NPL teams are signed up for EDP National Conferences....at least one metro team came over already to EDP NL.
          The only good club yet to come over is Quickstrike all other good NPL teams are leaving npl

Comment

Cedar Stars announcement

https://www.edpsoccer.com/news_artic...eid=29d8b3c91b

Comment

https://www.backofthenet.com/62rd/ub...tus#Post706026

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
              Auto-Saved
              x
              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
              x
              Working...
              X