Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    You seem a little butt hurt. Is your kid on this team? There was only one comment directed toward a ten year old and unless you are Matt's daughter's mother you should probably calm down. TS is not the friendliest place, in case you didn't know.
    You know what, it doesn't take a genius to figure know that a single comment about a ten year old is one too many even for this cesspool. And no I'm not the op, mg or his wife.

Comment

You know what, it doesn't take a genius to figure know that a single comment about a ten year old is one too many even for this cesspool. And no I'm not the op, mg or his wife.
      Who cares? Why would you take any of this crap personally regardless of your affiliation?

Comment

You seem to be an expert on the division. Did you watch all the games. Talking krap about 10 year olds make you feel good?

Playing in a top division will lead to less goals. Using NEFC as a benchmark for all other teams makes no sense.
        Revisit this in a few years. I'll give you a preview: you'll cringe at how wrapped up you are in it, and how little ulittle results matter.

Comment

Revisit this in a few years. I'll give you a preview: you'll cringe at how wrapped up you are in it, and how little ulittle results matter.
          So true. I can’t even remember most games. Heck I can’t even remember half her teammates from this journey

Comment

The Girls 2007 Thread

Couldn't agree more

Comment

So true. I can’t even remember most games. Heck I can’t even remember half her teammates from this journey

You do the same. Revisit this in 10 years and let us know how much your D's U16 soccer results mattered or what badge she wore on her jersey.

NONE of it "matters". Not sure why you think your unicorn is the exception.

Comment

You do the same. Revisit this in 10 years and let us know how much your D's U16 soccer results mattered or what badge she wore on her jersey.

In US soccer the goal is most often a college scholarship not the pros. And that is most definitely attainable. It does matter where they play and what badge is on their chest in those circumstances. Not so much a unicorn when speaking of scholarship money. Some of it actually does matter. Go back to SOL and ask them how many players they have put into a college soccer program. How many of those signed NLIs?

Comment

Let’s focus on what’s important: power ranking the teams!

Comment

This is my favorite thread ever. Even using first names, Breaking all ts protocol. Keep it going please

Comment

In US soccer the goal is most often a college scholarship not the pros. And that is most definitely attainable. It does matter where they play and what badge is on their chest in those circumstances. Not so much a unicorn when speaking of scholarship money. Some of it actually does matter. Go back to SOL and ask them how many players they have put into a college soccer program. How many of those signed NLIs?
                      The goal is a scholarship. Sad. The 07 parents take a beating for having kids who still play for the love of the game and parents who love it too, and by who? People who are only in it for a scholarship. If in 10 years you can look back and feel proud of knocking 11 year olds who loved a sport and feel proud that you put everyone down who wasn't in it for a scholarship, good for you. We are definitely not on the same page in life. Your poor D. Is she even happy playing or do you just force her to do it for a scholarship?

Comment

The goal is a scholarship. Sad. The 07 parents take a beating for having kids who still play for the love of the game and parents who love it too, and by who? People who are only in it for a scholarship. If in 10 years you can look back and feel proud of knocking 11 year olds who loved a sport and feel proud that you put everyone down who wasn't in it for a scholarship, good for you. We are definitely not on the same page in life. Your poor D. Is she even happy playing or do you just force her to do it for a scholarship?

Nobody is knocking anyone for playing for the love of the game. Why can't you do both? If you have a kid who shows a modicum of talent and you haven't had a thought of possibilities down the road you're a fool. And if you say you haven't had the thought, you're a liar.

Comment

The Girls 2007 Thread

fantastic maybe this parents d flattened out as most do but let the u11 people enjoy the ride for as long as it last.poster is a dark cloud

Comment

fantastic maybe this parents d flattened out as most do but let the u11 people enjoy the ride for as long as it last.poster is a dark cloud
                            And we still haven't gotten a number on SOL college players....wonder why.

Comment

The players that play simply for "fun" are the reason club soccer is so diluted. The true elite players play for fun and for other advanced goals. Down the road, winning IS the fun. But this group of parents that children have to do everything because it'll be fun are the problem. They started this, the clubs saw a need and filled it and now we are burdened with too many clubs with too many mediocre players.

Comment

I see they have you drinking the koolaid. If that is your ultimate you can get scholarship $ playing at SPOL. My oldest has since aged out but more that half her team went on to play in college. More could have but it just wasn't the hat they wanted. I will say this, no D1 but I don't think that would have changed if put some other initials on the teams jersey.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X