• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Being black(in America) is tough- LJ

It's also a problem in world soccer as some have found out

https://www.si.com/planet-futbol/vid...-chants-soccer

Hey Lebron,

What's a bigger problem in black society: Racism or no fathers at home?

When's the press conference to discuss the answer?

Comment

Did LeBron talk about the 'knockout game' and how the main stream media has been silent about it?

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        Did LeBron talk about the 'knockout game' and how the main stream media has been silent about it?
        http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local...424816214.html

most recent case.

The wonderful media replaced the photo of the murdered white man with a pair of handcuffs. Did Lebron have any opinion on this?

Comment

Unless you are one of them, i doubt if anyone knows what the Blacks, Hispanic, Asian, Native American or recently arrived immigrant populations go through in the USA? My guess would be probably not. Why? Because they are not you. You don't have any incentive to keep up with the issues that their respective communities face on a day-to-day basis in the United States of America. That's not to shame you or put you down. That's just the truth. Most people that don't belong to a group tend to be blind, not see or even understand the realities of being part of that group.

Today's problems are prejudice. It's short-sighted and wrong, but it happens. Where I live there are not many black people, but when I make eye contact at the supermarket and smile, they are almost always surprised and then smile back. Those little interactions need to happen all the time everywhere so that people don't walk down the aisle feeling like their presence is unwelcome.

Comment

Unless you are one of them, i doubt if anyone knows what the Blacks, Hispanic, Asian, Native American or recently arrived immigrant populations go through in the USA? My guess would be probably not. Why? Because they are not you. You don't have any incentive to keep up with the issues that their respective communities face on a day-to-day basis in the United States of America. That's not to shame you or put you down. That's just the truth. Most people that don't belong to a group tend to be blind, not see or even understand the realities of being part of that group.

Today's problems are prejudice. It's short-sighted and wrong, but it happens. Where I live there are not many black people, but when I make eye contact at the supermarket and smile, they are almost always surprised and then smile back. Those little interactions need to happen all the time everywhere so that people don't walk down the aisle feeling like their presence is unwelcome.
            No laws are going to change things, entirely. Teach your children to be open to differences and inclusive, it just takes time. That goes for the children of all ethnicity's.

At one time or another, every race, religion, nationality, class, etc... has faced discrimination.

Comment

Inside of just a few posts we see the insidious white, supra-arrogant idiocy that has now been formally institutionalized via the new Presidency, Bannon, et al.....the same type of utter brilliance that has us on the verge of joining two 5th world countries as the only ones to defy the Paris accord.

Comment

Inside of just a few posts we see the insidious white, supra-arrogant idiocy that has now been formally institutionalized via the new Presidency, Bannon, et al.....the same type of utter brilliance that has us on the verge of joining two 5th world countries as the only ones to defy the Paris accord.
                It's already too late because your god Al Gore claimed that the world would effectively end in 2016 without drastic change.

Al must be related to comedian Henny Youngman:
                I went to the doctor. He told me I had 2 weeks to live.
                I told him I couldn't pay the bill.so he gave me another 2 weeks.

Here's another good one:
                ...why would scientist Al but an ocean front home when oceans are rising so rapidly?

Comment

Any comment? Been waiting for awhile.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ru4SVUlNfMY

Comment

It's already too late because your god Al Gore claimed that the world would effectively end in 2016 without drastic change.

Al must be related to comedian Henny Youngman:
                    I went to the doctor. He told me I had 2 weeks to live.
                    I told him I couldn't pay the bill.so he gave me another 2 weeks.

Here's another good one:
                    ...why would scientist Al but an ocean front home when oceans are rising so rapidly?
                    Thank goodness we are finally in line with those geniuses from Syria and Nicaragua.

When will finally stop paying for Obama being black? Scary times. At each moment when anyone thinks the Trump base will finally see a glimmer of light they just double down. They won't win in the end but the Bannon and that little dweeb Miller and crowd sure are doing to cause a ton of damage along the way.

Comment

Hey Lebron,

What's a bigger problem in black society: Racism or no fathers at home?

When's the press conference to discuss the answer?
                      Both are problems. Are the related?

Comment

really?

Timing of this incident seems too coincidental for me to believe its an accident. Remember al those bogus Muslim attacks occurring after Trump took office?.. And suddenly someone attacks the world's most famous African-American's house gate on the eve of the Finals?

Comment

Timing of this incident seems too coincidental for me to believe its an accident. Remember al those bogus Muslim attacks occurring after Trump took office?.. And suddenly someone attacks the world's most famous African-American's house gate on the eve of the Finals?
                          I'm no Lebron fan, and I'm a white male so take it for what it's worth...but I can see some toolbag doing something specifically because it's the eve of the Finals.

Comment

Both are problems. Are the related?
                            You're house is burning down is you're concerned with a noise coming from the fridge.

If you have a magic wand and stop all racism tomorrow yet 75% of black children are still in homes without a dad then you have done zip to help those children avoid the problems that have led so many to very bleak lives. (and yes I am fully aware of the growing numbers in all of society in the same situation.)

Comment

You're house is burning down is you're concerned with a noise coming from the fridge.

If you have a magic wand and stop all racism tomorrow yet 75% of black children are still in homes without a dad then you have done zip to help those children avoid the problems that have led so many to very bleak lives. (and yes I am fully aware of the growing numbers in all of society in the same situation.)
                              Not just "growing numbers." You do know that all reliable census data shows that there are far more fatherless white non-hispanic families than fatherless black families in the USA, right? The reality is that the percentage of single-parent or fatherless families increases if you ignore race entirely and control for income and education level (specifically--the likelihood of being in a single-parent/fatherless family is far more likely to be tied to those other factors than race). So let's stop with the not-so-subtle racist attitude suggesting that this problem is somehow rooted or connected to someone's racial background. It's not. It's about economics and educational opportunity. But who wants to discuss that when there is a subgroup to blame?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X