Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NM. I see it.

World Class can't do GDA on their own so they bring in help??????

Must be a huge blow to WC's ego to have NYCFC announce this.

Hopefully they get new coaches for the GDA b/c some of the current WC ones are terrible.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      NM. I see it.

World Class can't do GDA on their own so they bring in help??????

Must be a huge blow to WC's ego to have NYCFC announce this.

Hopefully they get new coaches for the GDA b/c some of the current WC ones are terrible.
      Completely disagree. I think this helps the credibility to be associated with NYCFC. Can only help WC gain younger players. Kudos to them.

Comment

Completely disagree. I think this helps the credibility to be associated with NYCFC. Can only help WC gain younger players. Kudos to them.
        Completely agree - it will become a big draw for WC. It will also take financial pressure off WC.

Comment

WC essentially become a incubator for NYCFCs young talent and B team for older talent

Comment

This allows WC to have both ECNL and GDA. There have been many sources that indicated that ECNL pressured clubs that had both to choose either ECNL or GDA. WC is partnering to separate the 2 leagues - ECNL is WC's A team and GDA is NYCFC's A team. They are both training out of WC's fields and essentially using WC's coaches, so it is really a way for them to have both revenue streams and for GDA to focus only on GDA without it impacting the rest of WC.

Comment

Posted this on the BTOTN thread but will here as well. LM really has no clue.

Poster: What does this do for Surfs chances for GDA?

LM: It has no effect on Surf getting the GDA if Surf wants it.

Poster: Surf Certainly can't get it in Westchester. Perhaps on the Island, if Slick doesn't block them

LM: Whoever you are you are way off base. I guess you're not in the loop. Anyway, I stand by my statement. If you feel I am wrong put your name to your comment and then maybe I'll hip you to what you don't know or even have a clue.

Then there was this exchange as well.

LM: It has no effect on Surf getting the GDA if Surf wants it, or the ECNL.

Poster: It sounds like surf will be getting ecnl in westchester. Nycfc with academy in Rockland and possibly NYSC with academy in westchester. That's why your reply to someone's question the other day was that everyone will be happy. Am I right?

LM: You are not about NY NY Surf FC. As far as NYCFC goes I have no idea why a Pro Men's club wants to get involved with girls youth soccer UNLESS NYFC is going to attempt to enter a team in the NWSL and bring a women's pro team into the 5 Boros.

Comment

Completely agree - it will become a big draw for WC. It will also take financial pressure off WC.
                I was just doing some trash talking from one ECNL club to another :)

Comment

Posted this on the BTOTN thread but will here as well. LM really has no clue.

LM: It has no effect on Surf getting the GDA if Surf wants it.

Poster: Surf Certainly can't get it in Westchester. Perhaps on the Island, if Slick doesn't block them

LM: Whoever you are you are way off base. I guess you're not in the loop. Anyway, I stand by my statement. If you feel I am wrong put your name to your comment and then maybe I'll hip you to what you don't know or even have a clue.

Then there was this exchange as well.

LM: It has no effect on Surf getting the GDA if Surf wants it, or the ECNL.

Poster: It sounds like surf will be getting ecnl in westchester. Nycfc with academy in Rockland and possibly NYSC with academy in westchester. That's why your reply to someone's question the other day was that everyone will be happy. Am I right?

LM: You are not about NY NY Surf FC. As far as NYCFC goes I have no idea why a Pro Men's club wants to get involved with girls youth soccer UNLESS NYFC is going to attempt to enter a team in the NWSL and bring a women's pro team into the 5 Boros.
                  It's all about the money. And RB most likely will not expand to the female side beyond what they have now.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                  Auto-Saved
                  x
                  Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                  x
                  Working...
                  X