Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Look, just because they are giving up 8-13 goals per game means nothing. They are still trying to get things right. Who are you to judge? How about you keep it to yourself?
    The -700 GD is across two clubs and four age groups and 20 games. With that perspective it’s not that bad. The focus should not be on winning. The pursuit of wins will lead to bad habits.

Comment

Look, I am getting really tired of the judgment and nastiness about OUR choice to do Thorns Academy. Our player was on a dead end TA team - she knew it, the other parents knew it, the coaches knew it. She was head and shoulders above her teammates, and there was no way they were going to catch up to her.

Thorns Academy offers her a chance to play with girls of her own level. Is it a tiny bit of fun to go back and blow out the old TA teams? I would be lying if I said it wasn't. But she is having fun and we aren't blowing our budget and putting her on an airplane every weekend like we would be doing if she played ECNL.

And as far as ECNL goes, I very much doubt it's ECNL parents posting here. She has friends with both ECNL clubs. They are nice families and seem happy where they are and more or less disinterested in Thorns Academy. Which is fine with us too. We don't all have to like the same flavor of ice cream to get along, and we don't have to all choose the same soccer path to get along.

I think the nastiness on this thread and board overall is coming from those who were left behind. And I offer zero apologies to them. Your kid isn't as talented as mine. She didn't work as hard as mine. She didn't want to win as much as mine. So enjoy the beatdowns you have earned when you play Thorns Academy, ECNL, or any out of state team. You are second tier and that's what happens to second tier teams.
      This has to be the most narcissistic post I've seen on this board ever. Gotta wonder if Salem superstar mom still thinks this about her kid you know... Being that they keep getting whooped. Recent 7-2 was woah but hey her kid isn't talented like hers doesn't work as hard and your doesn't want to win like hers so her kids the best! What a bunch of BS! News flash your kid isn't the best, there is plenty of better players who actually value the sport and play it the right way and don't constantly cheat pound each time they score!

Comment

This has to be the most narcissistic post I've seen on this board ever. Gotta wonder if Salem superstar mom still thinks this about her kid you know... Being that they keep getting whooped. Recent 7-2 was woah but hey her kid isn't talented like hers doesn't work as hard and your doesn't want to win like hers so her kids the best! What a bunch of BS! News flash your kid isn't the best, there is plenty of better players who actually value the sport and play it the right way and don't constantly cheat pound each time they score!
        The first clue to who this is, the Statement about being on a dead end team. Salem is not a dead end team. Therefore you might want to look up north.

Comment

The first clue to who this is, the Statement about being on a dead end team. Salem is not a dead end team. Therefore you might want to look up north.
          Agreed. The Gresham kid’s dad wrote that post. Or one of the Eugene kids’ parents.

Comment

The -700 GD is across two clubs and four age groups and 20 games. With that perspective it’s not that bad. The focus should not be on winning. The pursuit of wins will lead to bad habits.
            They’ve given up over a thousand goals in a season. It’s good for teams to have cream puff teams you can beat silly and run up stats on. Not much fun overall so you gotta be thankful for little victories.

Comment

What is that smell? Do you smell it? Wait a second...

Comment

This thread is funny. Prepare to see a mass exodus to DA in the 04/05 age groups this year.

Comment

Kids are realizing that giving up high school sucks. GDA also won’t let you compete to win anything so that takes even more fun out of it.

Comment

They’ve given up over a thousand goals in a season. It’s good for teams to have cream puff teams you can beat silly and run up stats on. Not much fun overall so you gotta be thankful for little victories.
                    You need to have really bad teams so teams can get wins and pad stats.

Comment

Your right about the clue, and mentioning head to shoulder! Was for sure crazy Gresham mom! Unfortunately that mindset has already rubbed off on the kid too

Comment

I applaud the effort to launch the GDA but I’m sorry how it turned out.

Comment

Kids are realizing that giving up high school sucks. GDA also won’t let you compete to win anything so that takes even more fun out of it.
                          If you want the high school experience there’s a real easy way to get that. LEAVE. Quit complaining about it. It’s that simple. I’m tired of hearing about it.

Yes high school is more fun and you get to compete to win. Yes you get hundreds of fans and your peers and your community. But honestly if you care about that then you aren’t serious about being a focused soccer player. The emphasis must be on being a focused soccer player above all else. You have to make sacrifices if you want Jill to notice you.

Comment

Yes you get hundreds of fans and your peers and your community.
                            This made me spit in my coffee. Fans at a girls HS varsity soccer game on average are about 50 MAX and include:

-JV Team who is on the same bus but are mostly ignoring the game and looking at their phones
                            -about ten parents from each team
                            -about five passers by

Comment

This made me spit in my coffee. Fans at a girls HS varsity soccer game on average are about 50 MAX and include:

-JV Team who is on the same bus but are mostly ignoring the game and looking at their phones
                              -about ten parents from each team
                              -about five passers by
                              I'm sorry you can't afford to live in a better school district. Life really must suck for the kids at that school. This hasn't been our experience at all as we will routinely have 50+ in attendance from home and away visitors. Perhaps you should try to give your DD a better life.

Comment

If you want the high school experience there’s a real easy way to get that. LEAVE. Quit complaining about it. It’s that simple. I’m tired of hearing about it.

Yes high school is more fun and you get to compete to win. Yes you get hundreds of fans and your peers and your community. But honestly if you care about that then you aren’t serious about being a focused soccer player. The emphasis must be on being a focused soccer player above all else. You have to make sacrifices if you want Jill to notice you.
                                Let me get this straight. If you care about representing your school, playing a GAME with your friends and enjoy the stress free experience for a few months of playing high school soccer rather than competing in front of prospective colleges every weekend for the other 8 or 9 months then you are not a "focused soccer player"? That's funny. My DD has accomplished more in soccer than your daughter will dream about and you think your daughter is more focused because she plays Thorns DA. That's rich.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X