Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Today's gem is complements of CJ:

"I find the whole gotsoccer topic [about SUSA] to be totally over the top ridiculous." The same thread she started and continues to post.

I guess she doesn't see her role in creating and perpetuating drama.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Today's gem is complements of CJ:

"I find the whole gotsoccer topic [about SUSA] to be totally over the top ridiculous." The same thread she started and continues to post.

I guess she doesn't see her role in creating and perpetuating drama.
      I wonder how many posts didn't make it though on that thread. She did start it to try to help with SUSA's issues and probably made it worse. I bet there were posts ripping that whole situation that didn't make the cut. I am putting the percentage at over 50%. Seems they were not prepared at all. I know age changes don't help, but it looks like a nightmare, especially for what SUSA is charging.

Comment

Larry just earned a-hole status with his response to the parent who is pissed about paying $2600 for his kid only to find out he's gotta shell out another $250 for a kit. All expenses should be stated before the consumer buys. Soccer corps have all these rules set out in handbooks; financial obligations should be the same.

Parents will either walk away or stick out the year and then leave. Word of mouth rep is everything. SUSA just executed another major miscue.

Where is the professionalism?? How long has Moussa been involved in soccer?? He should know how to run a well-oiled shop by now.

Comment

Larry just earned a-hole status with his response to the parent who is pissed about paying $2600 for his kid only to find out he's gotta shell out another $250 for a kit. All expenses should be stated before the consumer buys. Soccer corps have all these rules set out in handbooks; financial obligations should be the same.

Parents will either walk away or stick out the year and then leave. Word of mouth rep is everything. SUSA just executed another major miscue.

Where is the professionalism?? How long has Moussa been involved in soccer?? He should know how to run a well-oiled shop by now.
          Hate to defend them but that's pretty standard that the kit is additional. It's a money maker for the club. Yes it should be spelled out

Comment

Hate to defend them but that's pretty standard that the kit is additional. It's a money maker for the club. Yes it should be spelled out
            It is not standard at a town club. A family moving to SUSA from a small club would not know about the money making kit purchase operation and they would be surprised by it.

It is completely unnecessary to replace kits every year or two so why would anyone assume that insanity unless they were coming from a club where it is done?

Comment

It is not standard at a town club. A family moving to SUSA from a small club would not know about the money making kit purchase operation and they would be surprised by it.

It is completely unnecessary to replace kits every year or two so why would anyone assume that insanity unless they were coming from a club where it is done?

Definitely was standard every two years at our town team. Actually "town" uniform was more expensive. Many town teams with paid DOCs and trainers are no different money wise. They really just break it down differently and don't spell it out up front. They just keep asking for more in form of team funds as year progresses. Guess it depends on "town"

Comment

Going from town team price tag to corporation price tag is shock enough. Agree kits are usually extra but as previous poster said, parents moving from town to corporation may mit know.

I'd like to know what the $2600 is for. Usually clubs charge $2400-$2500 + kit. We're paying $2150 + $250 kit. Higher turf rental fees?

Comment

Our semi-town team last year paid $1200 + $150 kit. But coaches weren't paid. This year, after gentrification, we're paying $2400 and paying coaches.

Comment

Going from town team price tag to corporation price tag is shock enough. Agree kits are usually extra but as previous poster said, parents moving from town to corporation may mit know.

I'd like to know what the $2600 is for. Usually clubs charge $2400-$2500 + kit. We're paying $2150 + $250 kit. Higher turf rental fees?
                    I don't know except to say: pay coaches and subsidize 'scholarships' You might have 20 kids on a team but only 15 are paying the $2600. 5 are paying zero.

The other thing is how much would you expect a coach who is dedicate to a team for 4 days a week to earn? Assume 3 practices (2.5 hours including travel) and 1 game (3.5 hours including travel). A coach can't really take on more than 3 teams with the above time requirement. Remember kids can only practice in the 3-7 window.

How much can an established trainer/coach expect to earn per year? If you think $50k then you need these kinds of dues. If $10k then much less.

Easy enough to do the math where you can plug in your own estimates.

Comment

Definitely was standard every two years at our town team. Actually "town" uniform was more expensive. Many town teams with paid DOCs and trainers are no different money wise. They really just break it down differently and don't spell it out up front. They just keep asking for more in form of team funds as year progresses. Guess it depends on "town"

Yes. The town club I am familiar with gave every player a kit. They replaced it as needed for size. Worked fine. Kit was not going to win any awards but the no one cared and it was included. Seems like one easy way to try to control increasingly exclusionary costs.

Comment

We play for a high end Nassau town and pay about $1600 plus kits (can use last years). We are u12, so maybe it's more for older kids. This includes three trainings a week, leagues, turf field. Another high end club I know charges about $2000 plus kits for u12.

I cannot believe SUSA charges that much. Are the older groups that much more? If so, why?

Comment

Older age groups - in theory - should pay less because of high school season. These teams shouldn't start until November. Our clubs fees drop from $2500 to $1950 for these teams.

As for the sticker shock Surf poster over on BOTN, I wonder if winter training, futsal, is dinner select has a separate fee. I can only imagine that poster's ire if so.

And what about the WSC teams that moved over lock, stock and barrel to Surf. Same players and coaches. Surf name .... and a higher price tag?

Comment

Summer select .... summer select .... stupid &$?!#% autocorrect!!!

Comment

Yes. The town club I am familiar with gave every player a kit. They replaced it as needed for size. Worked fine. Kit was not going to win any awards but the no one cared and it was included. Seems like one easy way to try to control increasingly exclusionary costs.
                              All the towns around us do not provide kits, including ours. Almost as expensive as the club kits and change every two years like clubs do. Honestly kids easily outgrow them that quickly, but you get hosed if you came in after year one of the two year cycle and have to repurchase after just one year.

It gets tougher to compare overall club fees because of how many tourneys they do, # practices, where they practice, etc. But the $2500+ mark is pretty standard, many approaching $3000. My one high schooler has lower fees but it isn't as low as you'd think because they start practicing as soon as HS is over, practice all winter (indoors so more expensive), and still do 3 tourneys.

Comment

Clubs charge what they charge and may provide a great product for the money. But many cannot drive a BMW even if it is a great car.

If families look around they may be able to find an affordable alternative rather than dropping the sport altogether. There are some organizations that try very hard to control costs to serve lower income players. I am not talking about high level expensive soccer. Just keeping kids playing this great game in some capacity.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X