Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    This is our first year and we don’t know what Alabama will be like. What I do know is that it is cheap, it appeared to not be political. How could it be when players from different corners convene in hopes of making the pool and the the state team. So far the experience has been incredible. Playing with kids from all over the state, and new coaches has in essence created a completely different outlook for my son and really improved his quality of play. I’ll update after Alabama but I can’t imagine anything negative when the program is so affordable offering opportunities for kids that might not have access to a local DA or afford the expense of DA.
    What a Putz you sound like. You never been to Alabama but say the experience has been incredible “playing with kids from all over the state ? The training has not even begun yet!! Alls they had was a few BS trials for which some kids who are rostered for “ The state Team” never attended! Keep pumping it up dummy , your post speaks volumes for your lack of experience and knowledge of the organization

Comment

No FL ECNL kids worthy of ID2? Are the FL ECNL clubs identifying and sending their players to ID2 or how do they get scouted?
      ID2 players are selected by their club DOC. Often the DOC doesn't do the paperwork. All the DOC needs to do is turn in the list on time if they feel they have players worthy of ID2.

Comment

Odp? Not one player on 2005 juventus plays odp. What’s the point?

Comment

To the OP: when you say fraud what are you referring to? Will being part of ODP automatically get your child a roster spot an any college team they want? No it will not and neither will being part of DA/GDA/ECNL, etc. What are you wanting to get out of it? My daughter did this for a number of years until recently. She's about to go off to college and she's dialing things back a bit. Here's what you get from ODP: it's a great college-like experience, especially for the younger kids. There is no parent involvement and the kids are on their own when they make it to the state team. The coaching was great and many of the coaches are college coaches, so there is exposure. When the kids get older there are typically colleges scouting at the AL campus too. Even though it's not quite what it used to be, being in ODP and on a state team still gets the attention of college coaches. We have been told this by many coaches. We're at the tail end of all this with a child going off to play soccer in college. There's also something to be said about the kids player with other good players that they may not know all that well. Our daughter loved the ODP experience. One thing I've noticed is that when you see college rosters they are filled with players from all leagues, not just the tops ones. In the end, the kids all end up at a lot of the same schools. ODP was well worth the money. You will notice though the older players dropping out toward the end as the camps often conflict with college ID camps and other events. Our daughter dropped off near the end as she was playing ECNL and getting tons of exposure and great training already. For younger players or players not in a top league already, it's a great program.
          Florida ODP players on the Region team getting their way paid to go play teams in Costa Rica, England and Germany!

Comment

Florida ODP players on the Region team getting their way paid to go play teams in Costa Rica, England and Germany!
            Daughter was fortunate enough to participate in the recent ODP trip to Germany. It was a life-changing experience. The soccer was very high level but she is a rising senior and the cultural exposure for 10-days completely blew her mind.

She played ODP for 5 years and benefited in a ton of ways. If your kid really enjoys playing it can help them a lot to get out of the comfort of their home Club. Different coaches, different techniques, different team mates, etc. She did Alabama two years and each time she came home her game and confidence had shot ahead. Ignore the haters and get your kid involved - you won't regret it. I'm convinced the ODP experience played a large role in helping my daughter land a lucrative scholarship offer to a high end D1 college in the New England area.

Comment

Daughter was fortunate enough to participate in the recent ODP trip to Germany. It was a life-changing experience. The soccer was very high level but she is a rising senior and the cultural exposure for 10-days completely blew her mind.

She played ODP for 5 years and benefited in a ton of ways. If your kid really enjoys playing it can help them a lot to get out of the comfort of their home Club. Different coaches, different techniques, different team mates, etc. She did Alabama two years and each time she came home her game and confidence had shot ahead. Ignore the haters and get your kid involved - you won't regret it. I'm convinced the ODP experience played a large role in helping my daughter land a lucrative scholarship offer to a high end D1 college in the New England area.
              Thanks for sharing!

Comment

Well shoot- that sucks. My daughter was on Alabama and when she made Region 3 team we had to pay for it. Granted it was cheap - under $1k for the week but although we live in FL and they list her as FL we still had to pay.

Comment

Well shoot- that sucks. My daughter was on Alabama and when she made Region 3 team we had to pay for it. Granted it was cheap - under $1k for the week but although we live in FL and they list her as FL we still had to pay.
                  Pay for airfare and that’s it. ODP does help some players to have a week overseas.

Comment

Great! But obviously your daughter is older and the issues are with the current younger groups. The level has dropped off signicantly with the introduction of DA.. after last year ,on the girls side, specifically 03,02, The talent level has dropped and they took kids from some rec programs that never made it past tryouts,(Trials). When you have a few DOC specifically from clubs in south Florida that just have a big rec program but at a competative level ,they are horrendous (PBG: example).those DOC are getting there players in ,that don’t deserve to go.. But they have influence and Strickland has no backbone..This has cause ALOT of kids not to return this year (including my kid) ..and the word is,this year ,, same shenagons but worse than last year with kids going to Alabama that never made it past trials that play at a subpar level on teams that don’t even play in competative leagues...so I don’t say ODP is a fraud. It’s just now more political than ever and losing credibility fast

Comment

Great! But obviously your daughter is older and the issues are with the current younger groups. The level has dropped off signicantly with the introduction of DA.. after last year ,on the girls side, specifically 03,02, The talent level has dropped and they took kids from some rec programs that never made it past tryouts,(Trials). When you have a few DOC specifically from clubs in south Florida that just have a big rec program but at a competative level ,they are horrendous (PBG: example).those DOC are getting there players in ,that don’t deserve to go.. But they have influence and Strickland has no backbone..This has cause ALOT of kids not to return this year (including my kid) ..and the word is,this year ,, same shenagons but worse than last year with kids going to Alabama that never made it past trials that play at a subpar level on teams that don’t even play in competative leagues...so I don’t say ODP is a fraud. It’s just now more political than ever and losing credibility fast
                      We too often forget how many young players have talent and are developing outside of DA. There is always politics even in DA but the ones who do not belong will be weeded out.

Comment

This is exactly why my daughter did ODP for AL and NOT FL. She is an 02 and advanced as far as you can go in ODP. When her friends tried out for FL first year they were told not to even show up. They were good players. My daughter makes AL first team and they can’t make B team when the should Hs e made the first team in FL. Your politics are terrIble. Her friends dropped out of even trying eventually. fL did not care about true development but politics. Very sad. Strickland tried to talk my daughter into playing for FL and we wanted no part of it. She gets to go to Region camp just like anyone in FL and she got on R3 so explain the advantage

Comment

what if you go to OLD$parking $LOTrap in space LAB$core SPACE monkey SUITrap flames?!

WHO wants to know more about the SMOKING CAMELS, GOATS, SHEEP and WILD RAMS.

consider the FUNNY FARM$witch.

are HENS smoking in farm~HOUSE with ROOSTER TAIL$hop near WATCH TOWERShip?!

DO BIRDS flying near the OLD LIGHT HOUSE smoke with BIRDS or PREY in PARADISE?!

Comment

This is exactly why my daughter did ODP for AL and NOT FL. She is an 02 and advanced as far as you can go in ODP. When her friends tried out for FL first year they were told not to even show up. They were good players. My daughter makes AL first team and they can’t make B team when the should Hs e made the first team in FL. Your politics are terrIble. Her friends dropped out of even trying eventually. fL did not care about true development but politics. Very sad. Strickland tried to talk my daughter into playing for FL and we wanted no part of it. She gets to go to Region camp just like anyone in FL and she got on R3 so explain the advantage
                            Not so sure how your FL child played for AL ODP but that's another story. To be clear to new folks the ODP experience gets very rewarding when your child starts playing with and against the players from the other 15 states that make up Region III (the Southeast Region). That starts when your FL kid is selected to go to the Alabama Camp to play with and against players from the other 15 states. If your kid excels, they may be named to the Region III Team which is made up from players from the 16 states in the Region III. The Region III (R3) team level of play is very exposure and they get college exposure at regional and national events and some are selected for R3 International trips.

Point being, the Florida ODP program is not the end - if your kid is talented. Endure some of the Florida ODP politics, etc. to see if your kid can play their way onto the R3 team. It is definitely worth it!

Comment

Not so sure how your FL child played for AL ODP but that's another story. To be clear to new folks the ODP experience gets very rewarding when your child starts playing with and against the players from the other 15 states that make up Region III (the Southeast Region). That starts when your FL kid is selected to go to the Alabama Camp to play with and against players from the other 15 states. If your kid excels, they may be named to the Region III Team which is made up from players from the 16 states in the Region III. The Region III (R3) team level of play is very exposure and they get college exposure at regional and national events and some are selected for R3 International trips.

Point being, the Florida ODP program is not the end - if your kid is talented. Endure some of the Florida ODP politics, etc. to see if your kid can play their way onto the R3 team. It is definitely worth it!
                              In NW FL we can apply for a waiver since Alabama is so much closer. 3-4 hrs vs the 8-10 for FL ODP events. It has been a great experience at the higher levels and you do get seen by colleges. It isn’t ECNL or DA- but honestly most of the R3 kids can or do play at that level

Comment

ODP for boys is recreational soccer. The vast majority of kids that go to Alabama in the summer, tells you everything right there, would not make a top competitive soccer team. Mainly a FYSA love fest.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X